Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,899 members, 7,980,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 08:20 AM

Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools (1177 Views)

Shameful: 9year Olds Introuce President Obama During Gay/lesbian Event-photos / Five-year-olds in Germany Get book detailing Se.x and use of Condoms with Pics / Breaking News: Gordon Brown Loses In British Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by 4Play(m): 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2009
The UK government has announced plans to make sex education compulsory for pupils aged five to 11, dividing faith groups and safer sex campaigners.

Under the plans all secondary schools will have to teach teenagers about contraception, safer sex and relationships, but faith schools will also be free to preach against sex outside of marriage and condoms.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2009/apr/27/sex-education-contraception-schools
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:45pm On Apr 27, 2009
wouldn't wanna walk into that classroom
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by ElRazur: 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2009
I have no problem with it. smiley The earlier these kids are taught about responsibilities and safe sex the better it would be for us in the future - Lower teenage pregnancy and lower dependence on public money are the likely outcomes.

A few people would however think this is about showing kids punnani and dicks, but is so not the case.
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by MrCrackles(m): 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2009
Wow!! shocked
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by bawomolo(m): 8:05pm On Apr 27, 2009
no problemo, prevention is better cure.

get to the kids before their hormones start raging.
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by yeswecan(m): 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2009
Nice one. It is better to educate them when there are young.
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by ElRazur: 8:16pm On Apr 27, 2009
Surely this is wrong! Majority of us agreeing, surely someone must disagree, I mean, it can only be right?
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:14pm On Apr 27, 2009
ElRazur:

I have no problem with it. smiley The earlier these kids are taught about responsibilities and safe sex the better it would be for us in the future - Lower teenage pregnancy and lower dependence on public money are the likely outcomes.

A few people would however think this is about showing kids punnani and dicks, but is so not the case.

while I agree, I just wonder how they intend to tackle this with 5 yr olds.
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by Riskie(f): 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2009
With the way the world is today 5 is a good age to start. A friend of my who teaches 4 and 5 years olds has told me many stories about kids that age playing what they call the 'mommy-daddy' game LOL! I'm sure they won't get into too much detail but simply try to explain to them things they see that make no sense to them in order to avoid stupid games at school. When I was 7/8 years old this girl in my class brought this book to school called "So that's how I was born" which explains sex and reproduction to little kids. It was a bit too explicit in my opinion but I think it's a good idea.
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by ElRazur: 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

while I agree, I just wonder how they intend to tackle this with 5 yr olds.

UK have one of the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe. We have an over-whelming rates of STIs. We have Children now having babies. A key element in the increase of single parenthood, broken homes, which in turn lead to Social delinquents and juveniles who only graduated to do bigger crimes etc.  So to answer your question, it is better to in-still the responsibility in them at an early age.

It is just the same way little kids are taken to church from a young age, so as to learn about God, lol.
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by sleekp1: 11:57pm On Apr 27, 2009
This will help greatly in the fight against teen pregnancies.

Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by ElRazur: 8:58am On Apr 28, 2009
^^ That story was more or less a paper selling strategy. Reports later emerged that the boy was probably not the father, due to the girl apparently had a few sex partners. I remember a new DNA test was ordered, but the outcome was not made public.

The boy was from a large family where the Dad is jobless etc, an I think the Grand father is an alcoholic too if I remember correctly. Whatever the case maybe, it is necessary in my view to teach kids about sex and responsibility.
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 28, 2009
disturbing . . .yes

the whole idea behid sex education, i belive is in part to make sure that kids get thier notion about what sex etal is about from responsible people.

would you prefer that kids get their first notions of sex from the internet?

in this day and age, sex education may be the only way to go, especially when you consider the fact that the media constantly bombards us with images of sex etal
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by tombola: 9:19am On Apr 28, 2009
In Britain, I suggest five years is too late, I am of the opinion that sex education should be made compulsory from birth, i.e. once a baby is born, same minute, sex education should commence, because in Britain, waiting for five years is just too too late, and for parents, sex education should not stop until they die because most parents do actually encourage their sibblings to fok themselves silly - this is the solution to gun crime, teenage pregnancy and all social ills in Britain.
Re: Sex Education For Five-year-olds To Be Made Compulsory In British Schools by ElRazur: 10:23am On Apr 28, 2009
Please people do not feed the troll.

I am sure people know what I mean.

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Thugs Praise Allah As They Drag U.S. Ambassador To The Streets / Anger In Ghana Over Salary Increase Of Government Officials . / Would It Kill The Nigerian Army To Treat Suspects Humanely? (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.