Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,853 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:03 AM

#ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes (2296 Views)

Bukola Saraki Lands In Kwara State In Company Of Other Senators. See Photos / Faces Of Nigerian Senators During Fashola's Ministerial Screening / 20 Remarkable Quotes From Fashola Screening Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by JAZES(m): 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2015
Former Lagos state Governor, Babatunde Fashola appeared before the senate this morning for screening.

As expected, the former governor was eloquent and distinguished senators hung on his every word like school children.

See 20 remarkable things Fashola said during his screening:

”I cannot claim credit for my success in Lagos State”
”Before we increase taxes, we must optimize the capacity to get that which is in the place”
”Security is the toughest job a leader has”
“I felt responsible for every citizen who was robbed”
”We can redress political abuses, but cannot recover a life already lost”
”Nigeria has about 500,000 standing policemen. We are under-policed”
“State Police will create employment and curb domestic violence”
”We must commend our founding fathers for conceptualizing the creation of Abuja”
“The concept of loyalty is a very strange one. My prayer is that ‘may our loyalties never be tested.”
”As Governor of Lagos I didn’t sign cheques. I’ve never signed cheques, I didnt fix contract prices. Only training I have is as a lawyer”
“Nobody has alleged that I wrongly enriched myself”
‘I have remained loyal to causes I signed to. I stand by my word’
“Nobody can fairly accuse me of giving my word and going back on my word”
“The unfortunate thing about money is that it raises suspicion, even among brothers”
“Government should not get involved in needless disputes”
”The choices we make define the result we get”
‘This Nation has a lot of money outside its borders. Nigerians are investing more abroad’
“Those who want to benefit from the commonwealth must contribute to the common purse”
”The consequence to making the promises is the right to accountability”.
”The right to freedom is not absolute.It carries responsibility of not to be a nuisance”

http://onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/10/14/ministerialscreening-fashola-schools-nigerian-senators-see-20-remarkable-quotes/

CC: lalasticlala, ishilove

5 Likes

Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by RockMaxi: 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2015
wink wink”The right to freedom is not absolute. It carries responsibility of not to be a nuisance" -Babatunde Fashola(SAN)

grin You have freedom of speech but freedom after speech, I cannot guarantee that - Idi Amin Dada

2 Likes

Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by tempex88(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2015
ododo oro
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by JAZES(m): 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2015
tempex88:
ododo oro

Gbam
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by BCISLTD: 2:39pm On Oct 14, 2015
Sound
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by rottennaija(m): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2015
Fashola is good, I wish he was the governor of Akwa-ibom when Akpabio was there and when oil was at it peak. The man is visionary.
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by tpiander: 3:02pm On Oct 14, 2015
rottennaija:
Fashola is good, I wish he was the governor of Akwa-ibom when Akpabio was there and when oil was at it peak. The man is visionary.

I'm sure Akwa Ibom admires Fashola a lot.

1 Like

Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by JAZES(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2015
rottennaija:

On a more serious note, i dont think Akpabio did bad at all
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by dialfa: 3:49pm On Oct 14, 2015
see ewedu-shaped head. grin
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by nd07(m): 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
Great Orator. I never liked him but I must confess he's a man 2 listen 2.
"if u must benefit from d common wealth, u must also contribute 2 d common purse" hahaha...
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by JAZES(m): 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
nd07:
Great Orator. I never liked him but I must confess he's a man 2 listen 2.
"if u must benefit from d common wealth, u must also contribute 2 d common purse" hahaha...

Gbam
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by AlPeter: 5:37pm On Oct 14, 2015
RockMaxi:
wink wink”The right to freedom is not absolute. It carries responsibility of not to be a nuisance" -Babatunde Fashola(SAN)

grin You have freedom of speech but freedom after speech, I cannot guarantee that - Idi Amin Dada

seems many folks didn't understand

1 Like

Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2015
”As Governor of Lagos I didn’t sign cheques. I’ve never signed cheques, I didnt fix contract prices. Only training I have is as a lawyer”
So who approved the contract? Is it about who signed the cheque or who approved the contract?
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by Seye25(m): 6:16pm On Oct 14, 2015
This man is a genius
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by Okanokan(m): 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

So who approved the contract? Is it about who signed the cheque or who approved the contract?
Your response hit the nail on the head. Who approved the contract? Fashola should be able to inform us. Maybe the Clerk in the Governors office, just to refresh his memory.
Re: #ministerialscrening:Fashola Schools Nigerian Senators, See 20 Remarkable Quotes by JAZES(m): 8:35pm On Oct 14, 2015
Seye25:
This man is a genius

U are on point broda

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Refused To Hand Shake Female Ministers - PDP / South West: The Most Developed Region In Nigeria / This Is Bullharry (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.