Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,849 members, 7,872,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:39 PM

A Short Reflective Piece(wake Up Nigerian Youths) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Short Reflective Piece(wake Up Nigerian Youths) (462 Views)

Excited Youths Parade "Customized" Cow To Celebrate Buhari's Return. Photos / Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi / Read Charly Boy’s Reflective Piece 9/11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Short Reflective Piece(wake Up Nigerian Youths) by cowboyvs(m): 10:12pm On Oct 14, 2015
This short piece is a clarion call to all Nigerian youths to wake up from slumber and take our destinies in our own hands.

I was glued to my Television this afternoon as I watched the screening of the Ministerial Nominees by members of the Senate. I couldn't help but marvel at the intelligence, eloquence and deep understanding displayed by some of the prospective Hon. Ministers. Especially, the likes of Babatunde Raji Fashola (fmr. Gov of Lagos State ), Emmanuel Ibe Kachiukwu (GMD NNPC), Lai Mohammed (APC Spokesman), etc. However, I noticed the total absence of youth representation in the course of the ministerial screening by the Senate . This got me thinking, does it mean Nigerian youths are not matured for leadership? Are Nigerian youths only relevant in times of Electioneering and Political Campaigns ? Are we docile or inferior compared with our contemporaries in other Climes or is the system skewed in a manner which consistently militates against the interest of the youths? Call me crazy but honestly, Why would a former Governor who spent eight years in power be nominated for a ministerial position while youths that makes up more than 67% of Nigeria's Population according to the National Population Commission (NPC) are left out. Must our leaders continue to recycle themselves into juicy political positions year in year out while the Youths endure?

I am not a Politician, but the truth must be told, The future of this Country cannot be salvaged by the same Papas and Mamas who have failed us (the youths) and are instrumental to our present predicaments i.e Unemployment, Poverty, Poor Healthcare, Insecurity, reliance on crude oil, Poor Infrastructure, the list is endless. If this Country must embrace real change and reclaim its enviable position in the comity of Nations, then, the youths of this country must be at the helm of affairs, yes, the youths must be empowered and encouraged to inject fresh Ideas in lifting this great country from the shackles of Poverty, Hopelessness, stagnation and Socio -Economic Injustice.

To my opinion one way of achieving this, is by the amendment of relevant legislations such as the Nigerian Constitution with the aim of introducing innovative provisions mandating the reservation of certain appointments and elective Political Positions for the youths.

furthermore, the youths must form an independent(exclusive) political party to redeem and thrust ourselves to the Nigerian political scenery as this will present a formidable opposition to our grandparents whom have continually deprived us the opportunity of making meaningful contributions to National Development. After all, " the Kingdom of God suffereth violence and only the violent ones can take it by force" According to the Holy Bible.

The older generation have failed us but we must aspire not to fail posterity.

Kenneth is a lawyer by profession. He can be reached via email: myuc4life@yahoo.com or radicallawyer101..com.
Re: A Short Reflective Piece(wake Up Nigerian Youths) by Luckymay(f): 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2015
I stand to be corrected if am mistaken, this same youth u re talking abt is i think btwn the ages of 18-35. Now how many nigerian youth in that age bracket own enough asset to enable them pursue politics?, before one can make enough money to be an eligible politician in Nigeria, he/she must have attained the age of 40-45 and by then they re no longer on the youth side of age. How many companies in Nigeria has a youth as the CEO if not those potbelied men and women of abt 50?, moreover, our country is covered by a certain norm where age demands some respect. can fashola for example allow his 30 year old son to become a minister while he is still alive and well?, So i think its not abt the youth rising up to defend their right to govern or rule, its about creating opportunities for their empowerment which i think still lies in the hand of these same *papas and mamas*.
Re: A Short Reflective Piece(wake Up Nigerian Youths) by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2015
Hahahahaha.......
All this things you are saying are funny cuz I wonder how you will tell me to wake up whilst injecting sleeping drugs in my system. At home right now, If I show any untoward interest in politics, I'm becoming a "fanatic" about to maim for my cause. Besides, what makes you think we're sleeping

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Performs His Duties As An Election Observer In Tanzania(photos) / Dangote Refinery To Begin Operations In 2018 / Dangote Refinery To Commence Operations In Lagos In 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.