Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,708 members, 7,930,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:09 PM

Your Oral Health. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Your Oral Health. (1290 Views)

4 Tips To Keep Your Oral Health In Top Shape / Just Brushing Is Not Enough To Maintain Oral Health... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Oral Health. by clefstone(m): 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2006
The mouth is the dirtiest organ in the human body. It contains millions of naturally occuring microbes known as normal flora. It is very important to maintain a good oral hygiene to protect the teeth from tooth decay- caries and to protect against gum disease known as periodontitis. While dental caries may be very painful and may necessitate tooth extraction in extreme cases where all attempts on restoration fails, gum disease could result to loosened tooth pocket and prematured loss of tooth. Gum disease could also result in bad odour from the mouth known as hallitosis. For the above reasons it is necessary to brush the teeth regularly with floridated paste. However, tooth brushing alone cannot completely protect against caries hence the need to see your dentist regularly. If anyone here has dental problem and needs help, it would be my pleasure to give advice tips.
Re: Your Oral Health. by Oracle(m): 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2006
I felt like i was still in School recieving Lectures, that was a great lesson Clefstone.
I bet you're a dentist.

Re: Your Oral Health. by clefstone(m): 8:14am On Oct 12, 2006
I had to make the message as simple as possible: actually like a primary school stuff because its the simple things in life we forget. Besides, the improving economy of Nigeria would result to more dental problems hence the need for an awareness campaign. However, how a better economy could cause more dental problem is a topic for another day.
Re: Your Oral Health. by Radiant(f): 9:43pm On Oct 16, 2006
Clefstone, thanks for your concern. That was nice of you and need such people here. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Your Oral Health. by iCON3(m): 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2006
nice piece,clefstone
bin battling sensitive teeth for a coupla years, how do u reckon i can treat this
Re: Your Oral Health. by clefstone(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2011
@icon. sensitivity is a very common problem esp as one ages. It could be caused by a number of factors that results in exposure of dentine. Mild cases are managed with commercially available desensitizing pastes. The commonest in the market is sensodyne toothpaste. But i'd advise u to see a dentist

(1) (Reply)

Abnormal Female Discharge (permanent Solution) / Wonderful News! Organic Fertilizer Now Available In Nigeria! / Help! A Man With Challenging Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.