Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,117 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:35 AM

South Africa. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa. (2407 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa. by sucessful1: 8:43pm On May 04, 2009
@rsa and hadex

florence was shot 6 times in her home in randburg,was she a drug dealer?no.she's an actress in the soap called generation.is she a s/african?yes

thank god that florence survived,rsa am sure that u know her.generation is a t.v series shown on sabc 1 and 2.

lucky dube was shot dead,was he a drug dealer?no.was he a s/african?yes.

there are millions of innocent blood crying out to god against s/a and my best friend joseph is one of them.
Re: South Africa. by RSA(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2009
sucessful1:

@rsa and hadex

florence was shot 6 times in her home in randburg,was she a drug dealer?no.she's an actress in the soap called generation.is she a s/african?yes

thank god that florence survived,rsa am sure that u know her.generation is a t.v series shown on sabc 1 and 2.

lucky dube was shot dead,was he a drug dealer?no.was he a s/african?yes.

there are millions of innocent blood crying out to god against s/a and my best friend joseph is one of them.

Yes I do know her,look crime is a big problem in SA and I'm not denying it.I am happy that you gave us those two examples/victims because it proves that crime is not an ethnic,colour or nationality thing.it affect everyone,Nigerians are as safe or in danger as anybody else in the country.
Things are getting better now,our new safety minister has some tough security plans and its paying off,lots of people are getting arrested and stats shows improvement.
But let me warn you that whatever is happening in SA could also happen in your country,

Correct me if I'm wrong other than the kidnapping there was also stories of Martin Obafeni's car being shot multiple of time,yes he was lucky to have came out unhurt.Also the was a same incident with 2Face,they where lucky because they survived,imagine if they where not so lucky.

morpheus24:

@ RSA

the great Proudly South African RSA. Still defending his country relentlessly. I guess I'll give you an "A" for your resilience

As far as hadexman is concerned you don't know that ethnic bigot is a hopeless "ijebu"man who just entered plane for the first time in his life and now thinks he has mouth to be talking jargons.

Yes I am Proudly South Africa,I live in the country that is alive with possibility(please not that I am not saying yours is not)

Look at you,calling Hadexman names because he is not agreeing with you,you see it is this attitude that set you kind backward,we are all proud of our countries but we don't have to bash each others to make us better.Be proud of what you have,with all it's flaws and I will be proud with mine with all it's flaws we don't have to aggree on it.

I was in lagos sometime ago,I could have concentrated on all the bad thing but I was not interested in finding out bad things,I ask about good thing,food,landmarks,history,language and so on,Yes I didn't travel around because I was warned by locals and also because I had limited time.To this day I could only remember the good thing about lagos.I was not there to compare it to any country,It was a different country that do thing differently,and as human beings one should appreciate that.
Re: South Africa. by ikeyman00(m): 6:53pm On May 05, 2009
Ike,U are one of the most patriotic Nigerians I ever came across.

hmmm glad u recognise that seangal hmm where is that nice pic in ur profile!! chie u bi fine gal tongue

as for this zulu man, can only hope u never get caught in them smokin guns

yes crrime na crime, but crime can be a way of livin, for eg in coloumbia, u can see so many street gangster runnin the cities, and i think s-africa is headin that way cuz those crack head hmmm u need to see them talkin, hmm i want to kill someone now hmm lipsrsealed then u will know what u are dealin with.

now dnt comfuse arm-robbers with those street gangster
Re: South Africa. by RSA(m): 8:36am On May 06, 2009
ikeyman00:

as for this zulu man, can only hope u never get caught in them smokin guns

yes crrime na crime, but crime can be a way of livin, for eg in coloumbia, u can see so many street gangster runnin the cities, and i think s-africa is headin that way cuz those crack head hmmm u need to see them talkin, hmm i want to kill someone now hmm lipsrsealed then u will know what u are dealin with.

now dnt comfuse arm-robbers with those street gangster

If this is how a patriotic Nigerians think?then God save Nigeria.
It's amazing how much noise you're making about Zulus,SA is not a tribal country,yes we are all proud to be who we are but when it come to the country nobody cares about your tribe.Yes western media try to cause friction but it's not working,ANC is made up of all groups,and let me tell you that in SA 2 out 3 South Africans can speak at least 3 other local languages,therefore sometime it's even difficult to tell if someone is xhosa,zulu,tswana,sotho,pedi,venda,ndebele or tsonga.because they all knows each other's languages.

We had two presidents who where Xhosa(Mandela and Mbeki),one Tswana(Motlanthe) and now we going to have a Zulu(Zuma).Zuma said he is going to serve one term only,and our president after that might be Tsonga(Ramaphosa) so you see that there is no group or tribe in SA that control this country?

Arm robbers,street gangsters, whats is the difference?they'r all criminals.
Re: South Africa. by AKO1(m): 11:21am On May 06, 2009
RSA:

It's amazing how much noise you're making about Zulus,SA is not a tribal country,yes we are all proud to be who we are but when it come to the country nobody cares about your tribe.Yes western media try to cause friction but it's not working,ANC is made up of all groups,and let me tell you that in SA 2 out 3 South Africans can speak at least 3 other local languages,therefore sometime it's even difficult to tell if someone is xhosa,zulu,tswana,sotho,pedi,venda,ndebele or tsonga.because they all knows each other's languages.

We had two presidents who where Xhosa(Mandela and Mbeki),one Tswana(Motlanthe) and now we going to have a Zulu(Zuma).Zuma said he is going to serve one term only,and our president after that might be Tsonga(Ramaphosa) so you see that there is no group or tribe in SA that control this country?

Arm robbers,street gangsters, whats is the difference?they'r all criminals.

Against the backdrop of your country's racial history, the manner in which you are so quick to judge tribalism in Nigeria is quite distasteful. lipsrsealed
Re: South Africa. by RSA(m): 11:41am On May 06, 2009
I have not judged tribalism in your country,what I said to Ikeyman was South Africa doesn't belief in tribalism.Because he was on and on about Zulus taking over.
Re: South Africa. by morpheus24: 2:07pm On May 06, 2009
RSA:

The above is true to the extent that though SA is not a homogenous society much like its neigbours Botswana and Zimbabwe, The past Apatheid struggles and shared experiencies have undoubtedly bonded the indigenous ethnic groups in terms of shared languages and cultures. A phenomenon very similar to the African American experience in the America's who identify strongly with each other irregardless of location or culture.

However this fact should not be taken as an absolute resolution to ethnic issues in SA as historically there have been rifts amongst groups who attribute certain traits to certain groups that do cause friction among the populous. These include groups who culturally and historically have exhbited domineering tendencies (don't want to mention any particular group. They know themselves), groups who have historically been percieved as elite and well educated.  If not checked in the post Apatheid era may pose an escalating effect and tribalisms will rear its ugly head.

In the case of Nigeria, it is unfortunate that ethnic problems still persist and will unlikely remain for several generations to come as the people concentrate on cultural and trivial matters that have no real bearing on the progress of the country as a whole. Though there are glimmers of hope for this generation and the next who have managed to set aside ethnic diversity in terms of increased instances of inter ethnic marriages and a blending of cultures and languages through music and the arts. Though one most note these blendings have been restricted to North vs South.
Re: South Africa. by RSA(m): 12:35pm On May 07, 2009
morpheus24:

The above is true to the extent that though SA is not a homogenous society much like its neigbours Botswana and Zimbabwe, The past Apatheid struggles and shared experiencies have undoubtedly bonded the indigenous ethnic groups in terms of shared languages and cultures. A phenomenon very similar to the African American experience in the America's who identify strongly with each other irregardless of location or culture.

However this fact should not be taken as an absolute resolution to ethnic issues in SA as historically there have been rifts amongst groups who attribute certain traits to certain groups that do cause friction among the populous. These include groups who culturally and historically have exhbited domineering tendencies (don't want to mention any particular group. They know themselves), groups who have historically been percieved as elite and well educated. If not checked in the post Apatheid era may pose an escalating effect and tribalisms will rear its ugly head.

In the case of Nigeria, it is unfortunate that ethnic problems still persist and will unlikely remain for several generations to come as the people concentrate on cultural and trivial matters that have no real bearing on the progress of the country as a whole. Though there are glimmers of hope for this generation and the next who have managed to set aside ethnic diversity in terms of increased instances of inter ethnic marriages and a blending of cultures and languages through music and the arts. Though one most note these blendings have been restricted to North vs South.

Morpheus spot on ones again,I must say that you're a well read young man,you do know your story.When you said "groups who culturally and historically have exhbited domineering tendencies" I know you mean Zulus,yes historically we are told they where fearless,but today Zulus are bunch of people who are known for still practising their culture more than everyother group in South Africa,yes they still have that warrior thing,they like to fight. grin
Say I introduce you to a typical Zulu guy,I say "Zondi meet Morpheus he is from Nigeria and he own that shopping mall" he(Zondi) will say "me I can hit him" grin grin cheesy,to them you respect a man who can fight.(it's just a joke,to all my Zulus I know that most of you are well educated and very intelligent people).

It's just a myth and perception that Xhosa are the most educated tribe in SA,I think it started during Mandela and even Mbeki's era,when they selected majority of xhosa Ministers and MP's.But if you really want to see if they're the most educated SA'cans,look at the people who are heading big companies in the country and also the professionals across the board you will see that Xhosa are not dominating but having said that it's not really a big thing in SA.Nobody really cares.There was also a joke doing the round, a Geography teacher asked her students where do Xhosa come from?and one student stood up and said from "Parliament Miss" grin grin cheesy.
Re: South Africa. by transform: 9:21am On May 12, 2009
Visit http://www.transformit.co.za/confed.htm.

Regards,
Tranform Immigration And Travel Services

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Cost For Nigerian Passport / How To Travel Abroad Through Exchnage Programs / Appreciation For Departing VO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.