Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,127 members, 7,943,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:01 AM

The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! (1176 Views)

Airtel #50 For 1.5gb Is Real See This. / This Deadly App Store Virus Is So Bad, It’ll Leave You In Need Of A New Smartpho / I Need Help Monkey Test Virus Is Killing My Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! by ibawon(m): 9:18am On Oct 15, 2015
The STAGEFRIGHT Virus is real!!!
For over 3 months after buying my Gionee M3 phone I noticed there have always been the issue of airtime deduction from AIRTEL on my line.
I called them wanting to know the actual problem because #15 was being deducted from my account for a message i never sent and this can happen up to 7-9 times a day and to my surprise they said they had nothing to do with it.
Abandoning my AIRTEL sim for MTN due to the MTN BIS TWERK, then I realised that the same thing too was happening to my new MTN sim, but when I called MTN they had a better explanation, telling me that my phone was sending a blank SMS to an international number and the Customer care agent advised me to change some settings or better still format my phone.
but all this to no avail until I came across the news on Android authority's website, then I installed CM ANTIVIRUS (because it was the one I saw on their website) and alas!! it told me I was infected with the STAGE FRIGHT VIRUS.
Having using AVAST (with its regular virus definition updates) for a very long time, it never detected it. After 46 hours I have not experienced the airtime deduction or sending of blank messages. so I advise you to search for a very suitable ANTIVIRUS to help scan your devices to know if you are also infected, because we are in a third world country does not mean we are not vulnerable to online attacks.
Abeg front page info.
cc Lalastica
cc Seun
Re: The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! by zeetyzin(m): 11:29am On Oct 15, 2015
Have d sane problem with my gionee device too..thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! by great664(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2015
Mostly it happeneds to every Gionee Phones, what happen is Gionee have an app called GN_Sales..... and GN_after sales..... the two app is what send the message

How to get rid of it: Install Titaniuu Backup and search for GN you will see the two apps or scroll down to G its alphabetically arranged, find the two apps and uninstall them or just freeze them.

That will solve it forever not Anti Virus that may not boot quickly before the message send

2 Likes

Re: The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2015
This is what happens when idïots use the internet.
Re: The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2015
Thank God you finally got the solution........... but wait? how did it started, where did you visit?
Re: The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! by kazzonline: 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2015
great664:
Mostly it happeneds to every Gionee Phones, what happen is Gionee have an app called GN_Sales..... and GN_after sales..... the two app is what send the message

How to get rid of it: Install Titaniuu Backup and search for GN you will see the two apps or scroll down to G its alphabetically arranged, find the two apps and uninstall them or just freeze them.

That will solve it forever not Anti Virus that may not boot quickly before the message send

Perfect answer!! Ur prob is not any useless stsgefreight ogbeni

1 Like

Re: The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! by ibawon(m): 6:05pm On Oct 15, 2015
jpsmart:
Thank God you finally got the solution...........
but wait? how did it started, where did you visit?
that's how confused I am, well I'm not experiencing it any more sha.
Re: The Stagefright Virus Is Real!!! by ibawon(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2015
kazzonline:

Perfect answer!! Ur prob is not any useless stsgefreight ogbeni
Bro easy now, at least he gave a good advice which I have not tried but for the first time in months my airtime have not being deducted in almost 3 days

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Posting Free Browsing Cheats, A Crime At Nairaland.com? / See What This Guy Wrote About Airtel On Facebook Today / Please Can Anyone Give Me Gaming Review On Gionee M5mini.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.