Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,968 members, 7,963,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 05:04 AM

Is This Right? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Right? (774 Views)

You Need See This Photo!... Is This Right? / My Friend Fainted Because Of His Girlfriend (is This Right?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Right? by Emmbi: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2009
I met a guy recently and one thing led to another we started dated. It is not upto 2months
now and the guy is asking me for money.  He has never given my anything since we started
dating but always complaining that he has no money.  Is he right to do such thing?  Or
Is he after getting money from me. Please l need a reasonable advise. Thanks.
Re: Is This Right? by dae(f): 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2009
He'z simply a golddigger. u better flee b4 he drains you dry!
Re: Is This Right? by sistawoman: 2:22pm On Apr 28, 2009
Girl strap up your Nike's and take a hike.

Get out of there.  Once you open the wallet they never let you close it. . . gold diggers that is.

Tell him he can enroll in my HIT (Hoes In Training) Institute.  One of the first semester classes is "when is the appropriate time to ask for money"  Second quarter class "If you ask for the money too soon".
Re: Is This Right? by izeek(m): 2:26pm On Apr 28, 2009
i dont suppose u have this money he asked for?
Re: Is This Right? by Tonyet1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2009
@ [size=18pt]SISTERWOMAN[/size],

sister to be frank your posts encourages me, but wats up with your kinda posts these days, how could you tell someone to run away from a relationship dats still too young, i ask you: what is WRONG in a guy asking a chic for money even if he is a gold-digger, gold diggers dont dig everywhere ( mind you) i thought i used to hear peeps like you say a realtionship should be mutual and be rooted in PATIENCE, aint this a scenario you may have gotten hooked up doesnt mean others should not find love, afterall no one is perfect

[size=18pt]MY OWN ADVICE[/size]

1. Poster if you'll ask me, i'll say if you truly love this G in question, give him money but. . . tell him this wont always continue dat way, better still if you have the opportunity to get him a good job, get him one (ITS CALLED SACRIFICE in RELATIONSHIP)

2. It could be that you have shown off yourself to be rich and expensive, thereby making him to ask, the both of you especially you should try and redefine your newly fond relationship
Re: Is This Right? by Emmbi: 2:46pm On Apr 28, 2009
tonye,

Thanks so much for your advice. I will definitely do something about that.
Re: Is This Right? by sistawoman: 2:49pm On Apr 28, 2009
It has been my personal experience and those around me that if a guy asks a woman for money before spending a dime he will dig her empty.

Sorry but one of my rules is no money before 6 months, unless it is extreme emergency (mother got sick got to travel).

I dont ask for money before the 6 month mark and expect my man to follow suit.  I expect that he would have other resourses to go to before coming to me and that his pride would not allow him to even pucker his lips to ask me.

Where is male pride?  You know that male pride that says I can pay my own bills and pay my own way and dont want to appear weak or broke to this woman that I want to impress.  How am I susposed to be impressed by a guy that has not spent any money on me (dam can a sista get a $1 McChicken) but asks me for money.

I would give him the money, if it is enough that i can afford to loose, then tell him this is not working. . . I wish you the best.

I dont need someone else to take care of that I cant claim on my taxes.
Re: Is This Right? by MrOgunde(m): 2:55pm On Apr 28, 2009
Let's see this the other way round.
What if it was the girl that needed
money, wud it be wrong for her to
ask her boyfriend for help?

This is  where I don't agree with most
ladies. Don't feel that you are in a
relationship only to recieve, that
would selfish.

So my dear if you think that this guy
really needs your help to achieve
some time very important and you
are capable of helping him, baby don't think
twice: Help him.

Tony
Re: Is This Right? by sistawoman: 2:57pm On Apr 28, 2009
No i dont think the woman should ask the man for money either.

I think each should be able to handle all of the bills and personal obligations the same way they were doing it before you hooked up.
Re: Is This Right? by Dammyray(m): 3:02pm On Apr 28, 2009
Notting is wrong but i think too early becourse if na me i go do some how too
Re: Is This Right? by MrOgunde(m): 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2009
Ok that's cool.
as in let nobody
pull his or her wallet.

But I still think that
freinds can help each
other.

Just do what you can.

Try to know what he needs
the money for.

If you think its important then
try to do something i.e if you
are capable of doing anthing.

Tony
Re: Is This Right? by sistawoman: 3:15pm On Apr 28, 2009
Yes friends should help friends.

so lets remove the title bf/gf and deal with this just as two people that met and built a friendship 2 months ago.

Would you loan a new friend some cash?

Or

Would you expect that your friend would go to other friends that they have known longer to ask for the help?

Is the reason he cant go to them because he burnt his bridges there?
Is it because he does not pay money back?
Re: Is This Right? by MrOgunde(m): 3:23pm On Apr 28, 2009
Sista,

2months is too early to help
a freind you probably have slept
with?

I don't think so!

I know we should be careful in things
like this but its not a bad idea to help
if this person is in need.

Tony
Re: Is This Right? by sistawoman: 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2009
2 months and I have slept with him?
Re: Is This Right? by Czarskit(m): 3:36pm On Apr 28, 2009
~ It's either u giv him or not, no need for too much noise. Just make it an opportunity cost ~
Re: Is This Right? by ladybam(f): 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2009
@post
chei!
y on earth wil a guy hav d gut 2 ask a gal 4mony. weather na boyfriend level or husband level.a guy is meant 2fend 4himself not begging.
@poster
sounds obviously unmanly 2me.dont give in.
Re: Is This Right? by Secretz(f): 3:44pm On Apr 28, 2009
Errrr poster, my cuz was in similar situation!!!

Don't mean to be blunt, but tell him to get lost (in a nice way). He's firstly trying/testing you, to even see if you will give, kindly, say no sorry I don't have that kind of money, and if he's still sticking around, then who knows,

You can also test him too that's if you REALLY like him, if he wants to 'loan' money off you, then 'loan' him the little you can part with (not the kinda cash you would be pissed about if you don't get it back), ask when he expects to give it back, when the time comes to do sooo, you will know (if you get sense) whether to chill, or run,

As  far as i'm concerned, relationships (whether with new, old, friends, family etc) can normally be tested through time and circumstances, but to be honest it smells fishy! It's too early for all that, !

Good luck though!   grin
Re: Is This Right? by izeek(m): 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2009
hey did he tell u what he needs the money for?
and if its not a huge amount then u can if u feel like.
Re: Is This Right? by bluespice(f): 3:49pm On Apr 28, 2009
gurl a guy asking u for money after the second month?

he broke!! grin

run outta there like a crazed mofo pls! wink
Re: Is This Right? by tubabie(f): 3:53pm On Apr 28, 2009
Does not sound right at all!
I'll advise u to proceed in the relationship with caution. If symptoms persists, check out! cheesy
Re: Is This Right? by IFELEKE(m): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2009
@Poster,
YOu are the one dealing with the guy(not nairalanders) so I'll suggest you find out if his needs are genuine.
If they are then you can assist but if they are not. . . GoodLuck with your next relationship.
Re: Is This Right? by soulamanne(m): 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2009
IMO,it is wrong for the guy to do that testing or no testin.why would any1 wanna test any1 with money?but my prob wit dis is dat if it was d babe that asked for money most likey d guy wont giv it this much thot b4 droppin.
Re: Is This Right? by Secretz(f): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2009
soulamanne:

IMO,it is wrong for the guy to do that testing or no testin.why would any1 wanna test any1 with money?but my prob wit dis is dat if it was d babe that asked for money most likey d guy wont giv it this much thot b4 droppin.

Well, I believe it's wrong especially for your own selfish gain, but people test other's characters all the time, some are so callous as to see how far they can push you or how much they can take form you!

I don't think anyone should be asking for money after 2 months of knowing them, doesn't he have long time friends and family that can help him if his needs are so sincere and genuine? And if they are sincere and she says no I can't help you, then he will still stick around without feeling somehow. grin
Re: Is This Right? by romsky: 4:54pm On Apr 28, 2009
na wah o
Re: Is This Right? by temi4rea(f): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2009
You give am the money abi u don promise to give am,

If u don promise then u need give the POOR guy the money,

For me its not too ok, not even the asking for money that irritates me but the constant complain of no money.

If u give him this money now be very sure of giving him again and again.

(1) (Reply)

Should You Marry The Love You Love Or The One Who Loves You? / Pls I Need Ur Help. / Re: Im Single!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.