Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,272 members, 7,881,033 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:13 AM

Buhari: How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During Presidential Campaigns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During Presidential Campaigns (485 Views)

If You Were President Buhari, How Would You Respond To Aisha? / Al-jazeera To Buhari, How Do You Pay Your Children's School Fees Abroad With FX / How NTA And AIT Maltreated Buhari During The 2015 Presidential Campaigns— Shehu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During Presidential Campaigns by bugs2: 8:19am On Oct 16, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has restated his gratitude to Nigerians for his victory at the general election, saying he emerged winner against all odds.

Speaking at The Red Media Summit in Lagos, on Thursday, Buhari said he won the election despite the deployment of state forces against him.

“Muhammadu Buhari’s goodwill greetings to you is on account of the fact that he won an election that many people think he was not going to win,” said Garba Shehu, his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, who represented the president.

“Americans say that elections are won on the dollar. It’s very improbable that anybody can win an election without money. We didn’t have advertising money on our campaign. Even when we had little money to spend on advertising, the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) was not making available to us slots, neither was AIT.

“I remember on a particular night I called NTA, they had 16 slots of one minute adverts and I said I wanted to buy one minute for the Buhari campaign, they said all 16 had been sold.

“Some other instances that exposed the partisan nature of the NTA. Money was returned to us, from AIT money was returned to us. They simply won’t advertise for us.”

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/10/buhari-how-nta-ait-maltreated-us-during-presidential-campaigns/
Re: Buhari: How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During Presidential Campaigns by youngwarrior(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2015
well composed. nice info op
Re: Buhari: How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During Presidential Campaigns by wezegrim: 8:20am On Oct 16, 2015
ok
Re: Buhari: How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During Presidential Campaigns by youngwarrior(m): 8:20am On Oct 16, 2015
wow, this is amazing
ok op, carry on
Re: Buhari: How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During Presidential Campaigns by Mishydoo(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2015
So?....how does that relate to u eliminating Boko Haram?
Re: Buhari: How NTA, AIT Maltreated Us During Presidential Campaigns by yanabasee(m): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2015
But POST-BILLS were everywhere in the country.. Campaigning for Buhari...
This is another LIE.... NTA will come up with their counter news!
Lemme cross my legs and sip my lemonade juice... Just incase! grin

(1) (Reply)

APC Youths Back Rule Of Law, Commend Buhari, Saraki / See The Gift President Buhari Recieved In India / Amaechi Has Been Confirmed As A Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.