Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,821 members, 7,889,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:53 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (326655 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by scamalerts1: 7:28am On Feb 04, 2016
LagosNIV:

Immigrant visas are only processed in Lagos. So if you have questions on an immigrant visa, as is clearly the purpose of this thread, then no, you can't apply in Abuja.
Thanks for your swift response. We both applied for B1/B2 VISA. CAn we reapply immediately?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ricciricci: 4:40pm On Feb 04, 2016
Good day VO, I checked my k1 visa status on the ceac.state.gov website and it say ”ISSUED” since on the 2nd of february 2016. But my passport status on the ustraveldocs.com website it says "no status update for this passport number submitted". Pls I need your help to confirm if my passport(with visa) is ready for pick up.
Case# NPL2015703007
Passport# A50060027
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
Dear VO,

my visa status showed ISSUED today, i will like to know when it can be available for pickup.

Secondly i was not given the visa pick up slip after mu interview, how do i get it?

thank you for everything so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Summer15: 7:15am On Feb 05, 2016
Good morning VO

My wife told me that we should be expecting an email from the embassy letting us know when I should bring my passport.
Please I am not receiving any email yet. Let me know if u need my case number Thanks VO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2016
Summer15:
Good morning VO

My wife told me that we should be expecting an email from the embassy letting us know when I should bring my passport.
Please I am not receiving any email yet. Let me know if u need my case number Thanks VO

If they will contact you when they need your passport, and they have not contacted you, one might infer that they don't need your passport at the moment.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:54am On Feb 05, 2016
Your passports are sent to DHL when the visas are issued. You do not pick them up from the Consulate. I will not update you on your individual cases.

You can contact the Consulate visa e-mail if you need additional information about a specific case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 8:51am On Feb 05, 2016
winnie123:
Dear VO,

my visa status showed ISSUED today, i will like to know when it can be available for pickup.

Secondly i was not given the visa pick up slip after mu interview, how do i get it?

thank you for everything so far.

Dear Vo,
please respond to the above mail on how to get the pick up slip as well as the guide for payment of the USCIS immigrant fee.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Summer15: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2016
.email has been received
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 05, 2016
winnie123:

Dear Vo,
please respond to the above mail on how to get the pick up slip as well as the guide for payment of the USCIS immigrant fee.

Please see my post that is only two posts preceding your own.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 12:00pm On Feb 05, 2016
[quote author=LagosNIV post=42640644]
Please see my post that is only two posts preceding your own.[/quote
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by oizapendent(f): 2:50pm On Feb 05, 2016
[code][/code]
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bleek147(m): 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
MY NAMES ARE EMMANUEL JAMES, I HAVE A SPOUSE IN THE USA, DUE TO ARE DOCTOR STATUS, SHE CAN NOT TRAVEL. SHE AS PETITION THE US IMMIGRATION SERVICE AND THEY HAVE APPROVE MY VISA.

MY QUESTION IS, IF THE IMMIGRATION CONTACT THE US EMBASSY HERE IN ABUJA, I WANT TO KNOW THE REQUIREMENT I WILL BE HAVING WITH ME BEFORE GOING TO THE EMBASSY.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bleek147(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2016
What do I need to go to the us embassy with, when they receive my letter from the immigration.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by labbyboi(m): 10:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Good day sir. I mistakenly dated December 20( Islamic wedding otherwise known as Nikkah) in the completion my DS-260 form instead of the recognized court marriage which took place on December 17 of the same year. Does the error count?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by IamHischild: 9:06am On Feb 08, 2016
Hello sir,
My interview was on Friday 5th of Feb. Was told to collect my visa in 2weeks. It is an immigrant visa through my dad. Does it usually take this long and does that mean everything was successful. Please advise as am packing up to leave to make it for my mum's birthday. Many thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fneboy: 11:55am On Feb 08, 2016
OK.. Post deleted
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Pwhitelaw(m): 12:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hello sir, thanks for the good job. Am a novice and I will be glad if you can put me through on how to apply for us visa. Some of my friends are talking about going for conference. Although am travelling there to seek greener pasture or possibly for my master degree programme. I have enough cash but will be glad if you can help me out. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by GHKWAME1: 3:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
*modified*
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Arnold4all: 5:18am On Feb 09, 2016
I really need a help on what to do, I filed for my wife i-130, it was approved, she went for an interview and was denied visa, is currently with NVC undergoing administrative processing, whereas I didnt know how long it will take. Am seriously in need of my wife to come take care of some certain things here, am considering of filing a visiting visa for her to come and go back, with promise that she will come stay and go back pending her VISA processess to be completed. Please I need know what to do please, should I applied for visiting visa, if yes will she be approved, if no, what can I do, please I need help. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Jt1989: 5:36am On Feb 10, 2016
Dear VO,

My husband and I just went in for the i-130 filing yesterday. And since he is in the military, we were given a blanket exception and was approved for the application right away. My question is, I have a US tourist visa from before and it was in my old passport. They actually took my old passport and said they will hold on to it first. I am not worried about not being able to go to us soon because we are stationed here however, I heard immigrant visas take forever sometimes and what if we have to visit my husband's family sometime in the future? That means I can't go because my old passport and us visa is with them. Is this normal for them? To keep old passports with us visas?

Thanks in advance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:59am On Feb 10, 2016
bleek147:
What do I need to go to the us embassy with, when they receive my letter from the immigration.

You'll be contacted and told what to bring when your appointment is scheduled. Otherwise, you can read through the forum to find out what you will be required to bring.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 10, 2016
labbyboi:
Good day sir. I mistakenly dated December 20( Islamic wedding otherwise known as Nikkah) in the completion my DS-260 form instead of the recognized court marriage which took place on December 17 of the same year. Does the error count?

You can address this during your interview.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:05am On Feb 10, 2016
IamHischild:
Hello sir,
My interview was on Friday 5th of Feb. Was told to collect my visa in 2weeks. It is an immigrant visa through my dad. Does it usually take this long and does that mean everything was successful. Please advise as am packing up to leave to make it for my mum's birthday. Many thanks

If you were told to pick up your visa in two weeks, you were A) told it was approved, and B) given a sheet of paper with pickup instructions that also told you it was approved. That means everything was successful...

Could it be done sooner? Maybe, but it usually takes about 10 working days.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 10, 2016
fneboy:
Please advised me, am a Nigerian my wife is a usa citizen.. She is about to petition for me to join her in usa, while filling out the forms is it advisable I do a medical report (shots) and attach the results to the forms or wait till the embassy tells me where and when to do it. Please am waiting

There are pre-approved medical facilities and specific requirements for the visa process - wait for your instructions.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 10, 2016
Pwhitelaw:
Hello sir, thanks for the good job. Am a novice and I will be glad if you can put me through on how to apply for us visa. Some of my friends are talking about going for conference. Although am travelling there to seek greener pasture or possibly for my master degree programme. I have enough cash but will be glad if you can help me out. Thanks

I advise that the first thing you do is start reading. You could even start reading this thread, for example. Then you would realize that this is a thread for immigrant visas.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:08am On Feb 10, 2016
Arnold4all:
I really need a help on what to do, I filed for my wife i-130, it was approved, she went for an interview and was denied visa, is currently with NVC undergoing administrative processing, whereas I didnt know how long it will take. Am seriously in need of my wife to come take care of some certain things here, am considering of filing a visiting visa for her to come and go back, with promise that she will come stay and go back pending her VISA processess to be completed. Please I need know what to do please, should I applied for visiting visa, if yes will she be approved, if no, what can I do, please I need help. Thanks

NVC doesn't do administrative processing, the Consulate does. It sounds like you don't have a lot of specific information about your case...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 10, 2016
Jt1989:
Dear VO,

My husband and I just went in for the i-130 filing yesterday. And since he is in the military, we were given a blanket exception and was approved for the application right away. My question is, I have a US tourist visa from before and it was in my old passport. They actually took my old passport and said they will hold on to it first. I am not worried about not being able to go to us soon because we are stationed here however, I heard immigrant visas take forever sometimes and what if we have to visit my husband's family sometime in the future? That means I can't go because my old passport and us visa is with them. Is this normal for them? To keep old passports with us visas?

Thanks in advance

There are too many holes in this story for me to answer accurately. Where was the I-130 filed? Who was it filed with? Who kept the passport?
Based on the information you've provided I don't really know what is going on.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Talk2MegaBoss(m): 9:03am On Feb 10, 2016
LagosNIV:

There are too many holes in this story for me to answer accurately. Where was the I-130 filed? Who was it filed with? Who kept the passport?
Based on the information you've provided I don't really know what is going on.

Good day sir,
I am glad to come across this your thread. My fiancee and I are planning our wedding for this year and we intend to apply for a visit visa to go do some shopping in the USA before the wedding.
We already have a daughter but she won't be coming with us being that she is in primary school and would be with my fiancee's mum during the period of our travel if granted a visa.

Please my question is how do I go about the application and since we don't have anyone there, will a hotel reservation for the period of our stay be OK? Secondly will our wedding invitation card be a good proof to show at the interview that we intend to return to Nigeria?
Lastly please what other form of documents must we have to show at the interview when invited?

I will really be honored to hear from you sir and put me through on the best way to go about this application and be successfully granted a visit visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Summer15: 9:08am On Feb 10, 2016
Hello VO

Passport dropped off after 2 and half weeks of AP and it's been confirmed received.

I got an email saying we should wait 15 days for pick up. We have been waiting for AP and CEAC usually says if approved, it will be ready within two days.

Does it mean we would have to wait the whole 15days? I have been waiting VO.
My birthday is coming up and want to be with my wife.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (96)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.