Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,787 members, 7,912,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 12:05 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (327730 Views)

U.S. Immigration Crackdown, ICE Arrest Over 140 Workers At A Beef Plant(Pics) / See Reason Why A US Consular Refused To Grant Visa / Ask A Pilot... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (96) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
endyendy1:

Dear VO,

Can you tell me why it is a good idea, but not too much.
I don't understand. Please, I do not want to violate the terms of my visa.

Thanks

You need to figure this out on your own.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
Chicksy:
Hello Vo..my dad is a USC and he filed for 6 of us in 2015,Last year august we received a envelope from USCIS containing 6 papers and indicating that the petition has been approved and sent to NVC...NVC asked for some documents and fee which my dad already submitted.. But since then till now no notification from NVC..my question is how long does the NVC processing take.and when the case is completed a letter or notification be sent for each one of us,or just a single letter..And is there anything to be done to hasten it cos its close to a year already...For the interview is the 6 of us going to be interviewed together or individually or is it our dad that will be interviewed. (Unmarried children of a us citizen under 21)

As has been written many times before, any question that amounts to "how long" before you have had your interview at the Consulate will be summarily deleted.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Chicksy(f): 3:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
Am sincerely sorry..its my first time here..am so sorry.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by steryville(m): 4:26pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dear VO
Thank sir for d great work ure doing here,God bless u.a quick questions sir for you,is a legal permanent resident spouse qualified to apply for a K non immigrant visa from nigeria?though a notification of d I-130 petition has been received but hasn't been approved by USCIS.if yes how does he go about it.
Look forward to ur reply.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Myzzz: 5:10am On Jun 09, 2017
name on my birth certificate for example:
Micheal Ayo Ola James(last name)
on my passport and other documents I have: Ayo Ola James. Pls will this be a problem when the embassy request for my birth certificate
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Olatoki: 8:38am On Jun 09, 2017
Hello VO, please I will like to know is there a particular state police division you recognize for police report or it can be done any state any division?? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
Olatoki:
Hello VO, please I will like to know is there a particular state police division you recognize for police report or it can be done any state any division?? Thanks

Any state division is fine as long as they have the ability to do your fingerprints, too.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2017
Myzzz:
name on my birth certificate for example:
Micheal Ayo Ola James(last name)
on my passport and other documents I have: Ayo Ola James. Pls will this be a problem when the embassy request for my birth certificate

Maybe. You won't know until you get to your interview.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
steryville:
Dear VO
Thank sir for d great work ure doing here,God bless u.a quick questions sir for you,is a legal permanent resident spouse qualified to apply for a K non immigrant visa from nigeria?though a notification of d I-130 petition has been received but hasn't been approved by USCIS.if yes how does he go about it.
Look forward to ur reply.

A legal permament resident (LPR) cannot file a K1 or K3 visa. Only U.S. citizens can file those. Second, there appears to be a lot of confusion with the above post. You might want to consider working with an immigration attorney.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Melonne: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hello VO,

I am a USC and recently filed the I-130 petition for my husband. We got married in late 2016 after having dated for 3 years. I was told that the current processing times for immigrant visa is 2 years.

I was wondering if we filed the K3 visa application if that could potentially speed up my husbands ability to enter the US? We are having a baby soon and while I understand he will miss the birth and first few months I would really want him to meet his child as soon as possible. If not for the baby coming soon I would not be so anxious.

I have been getting conflicting responses about the K3, some say its a waste of money and time as it takes just as long as the I-130, others say it shaves a few months off the wait times.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nezzi: 9:04am On Jun 10, 2017
VO, please I might need your urgent response to my message. April 2016 is my first visa application to US embassy and I apply with my family in Abuja.
when the interview was about to be concluded the consular ask if I have apply for Immigrant visa before and I answered No Because 2016 was my first ever application..my answer lead to few minute argument. the consular who claimed I was insincere that she has it my record that I've applied for immigrant visa before and immediately gave me a refusal letter..I was confused but I have no option since I was not given chance to defend myself..
I reapply again this year with my wife and only one of my children but in Lagos..the consular that interviewed us also asked me if I have ever apply for DV Immigrant Visa before and my answer remain NO because I have never.. the consular told me our passport ll have to remain with him ,in exchange he gave me a white paper sheet which I assumed to be a pick up..but to my surprise there is no visa on our passport at pick up instead there is refusal letter.. I ve written a letter to Lagos NIV to properly and thoroughly investigate the wrong insincerity allegation against me.. I'm 100% sure there must have been a mistake of identity in my record or something else.. but up to this moment I haven't hear back from Lagos NIV..please help me for future purposes. I am not appealing for visa to be granted by force but for future application. how can I correct this mistake made from the embassy on my history record?? it is easy to say if I have been denied any visa before since it is not a crime but how can I admit what has never happened ?? please how can I rectify the error?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:50am On Jun 11, 2017
Nezzi:
VO, please I might need your urgent response to my message. April 2016 is my first visa application to US embassy and I apply with my family in Abuja.
when the interview was about to be concluded the consular ask if I have apply for Immigrant visa before and I answered No Because 2016 was my first ever application..my answer lead to few minute argument. the consular who claimed I was insincere that she has it my record that I've applied for immigrant visa before and immediately gave me a refusal letter..I was confused but I have no option since I was not given chance to defend myself..
I reapply again this year with my wife and only one of my children but in Lagos..the consular that interviewed us also asked me if I have ever apply for DV Immigrant Visa before and my answer remain NO because I have never.. the consular told me our passport ll have to remain with him ,in exchange he gave me a white paper sheet which I assumed to be a pick up..but to my surprise there is no visa on our passport at pick up instead there is refusal letter.. I ve written a letter to Lagos NIV to properly and thoroughly investigate the wrong insincerity allegation against me.. I'm 100% sure there must have been a mistake of identity in my record or something else.. but up to this moment I haven't hear back from Lagos NIV..please help me for future purposes. I am not appealing for visa to be granted by force but for future application. how can I correct this mistake made from the embassy on my history record?? it is easy to say if I have been denied any visa before since it is not a crime but how can I admit what has never happened ?? please how can I rectify the error?

This is a non-immigrant visa question. Please take this to the moderated non-immigrant visa forum.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:07am On Jun 12, 2017
Melonne:
Hello VO,

I am a USC and recently filed the I-130 petition for my husband. We got married in late 2016 after having dated for 3 years. I was told that the current processing times for immigrant visa is 2 years.

I was wondering if we filed the K3 visa application if that could potentially speed up my husbands ability to enter the US? We are having a baby soon and while I understand he will miss the birth and first few months I would really want him to meet his child as soon as possible. If not for the baby coming soon I would not be so anxious.

I have been getting conflicting responses about the K3, some say its a waste of money and time as it takes just as long as the I-130, others say it shaves a few months off the wait times.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

I cannot advise you on which visa class you should apply for. Both the K1 and CR1 have pros and cons. If you are still stuck, you may wish to consult with an immigration attorney.

Regards,
VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by farastrongman: 11:45am On Jun 12, 2017
Thank you all I appreciate everyone expecially the Consular officer. I got my visa approved today. It been God, journey of over ten years... Wow!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
farastrongman:
Thank you all I appreciate everyone expecially the Consular officer. I got my visa approved today. It been God, journey of over ten years... Wow!

Congratulations!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (96)

Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women? / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.