Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,774 members, 7,889,485 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:33 PM

How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure (3075 Views)

Judge Says EFCC Hasn't Erred In Detaining Dasuki After Meeting Bail Conditions / Supreme Court Erred In Law By Ordering Stay Of CCT Proceedings - Falana (SAN) / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 17, 2015

“The monarch while addressing me at his
palace threatened to drive all the Igbos in
Akure out of the city and when I asked for the
offence my people committed, the youths at
the palace descended on me. They tore my
beads and removed my crown. They attempted
to beat me but the Police officers at the Palace
rescued me.” (Dailypost)

Above is the statement made by the eze ndigbo after the incidence at the palace in Akure. He confessed himself that he had on a crown and beads in the palace of a true king.

Every sane person who has come of age knows that it is a taboo to have two kings in a palace or a domain. This alone erases the argument that the eze should have been informed at the entrance of the palace to remove his crown before entrance. Below is a statement registered to the eze.

The Eze Ndigbo said the invitation by the
monarch was the first he would receive from
him since the monarch ascended the throne,
pointing out that Igbos had been living
harmoniously in Akure for over 70 years

without friction with the natives. (Dailypost)

@bold

One would wonder why the igbos who have lived in Akure for over 70 years claim not to know the customs and culture of the host community. An eze for that matter ought to know more.

Where the eze erred

1. Thinking he's now at par with the Deji of Akure.

He failed to recognise that he isn't a true king and has no domain to lord over. The place he finds himself already has a king whom he is suppose to be subject to, including his igbo people. He had to be reminded or cut to size, a good reason why his ezeship got stripped off him.

2. Wearing a crown to the Deji's palace

Dressing in full royal regalia to a true King's palace is the height of insult. Putting on an ordinary cap in front of a king in his palace is not acceptable not to talk of a crown. Do in rome what romans do. He ought to have seen that no one had even a cap on at the palace. His apologists say he should have been told to off his crown at the gate. An eze who claims his people have spent over 70yrs in Akure ought to know better. He failed to study the traditions of his host. His lord summoned him, only for him to appear as dressed as his lord in his lord's palace. He should have sat on the Deji's throne then.

3. Installing leadership in the king's market

Just cos his igbo people dominate a market owned by the King doesn't mean they have the right to install a leader of their choice. This is not democracy but customary rules which gives the Deji power over the market. There is no room for voting as his will must be done. He and is people claim to have lived in Akure for over 70yrs yet they don't know what is called babaloja and iyaloja.

4. Staging a protest

This is the height of it all- staging a protest cos you were put in your rightful place. Which law in akure recognises an eze ndigbo in akure(an igbo king in akure)? The protest showed he wanted to plunge the city into unrest even after going against the custom and culture of the land. For that, he was dealt with.

In as much as we are still one in thesame country, we shouldn't go about disregarding rules, customs, culture and traditions of wherever we find ourselves.

”The right to freedom is not absolute.It
carries responsibility of not to be a
nuisance”

- Fashola

15 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by mayorchelsea(m): 9:52am On Oct 17, 2015
OK
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Firefire(m): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2015
we'll understand it better bye and bye.
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by BushidoBlue(m): 10:02am On Oct 17, 2015
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.- Stephen Hawking

2 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by baralatie(m): 10:15am On Oct 17, 2015
undecided
some of these boiz don't understand when there is a difference between union leader and a royal seat.
trouble dey I'm own jeje,another person go find am

2 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Vikkie14: 10:29am On Oct 17, 2015
Imagine a yoruba man claiming kingship in Enugu.

5 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Vikkie14: 10:35am On Oct 17, 2015
The insult is getting greater daily. Because you dominate a business area doesn't constitutes any rights for you to disregard and "dared" your host community. Yorubas wouldn't dare installing a leader in the Igbo domains that would go on a parallel ruling with their host. Imagine, installing a ruler where Obi/Igwe is ruling. That's too disrespectful and insulting.

5 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by sabaeh(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2015
Ok
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 10:54am On Oct 17, 2015
I can punch holes one by one and deflate the OP's reasons ..
..but I don't like commenting on threads with tribal undertone ..
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2015
Vikkie14:
The insult is getting greater daily. Because you dominate a business area doesn't constitutes any rights for you to disregard and "dared" your host community. Yorubas wouldn't dare installing a leader in the Igbo domains that would go on a parallel ruling with their host. Imagine, installing a ruler where Obi/Igwe is ruling. That's too disrespectful and insulting.
I remember how chris Ngige was humiliated just cos he held his political rally thesame day the obi of onitcha was having his ofala festival. He was called unprintable names all of which led to his loss at the polls. To the king, he was levelling up with him.

7 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 17, 2015
dunkem21:
I can punch holes one by one and deflate the OP's reasons ..

..but I don't like commenting on threads with tribal undertone ..
there's no tribal undertone to the thread but pure facts and reality.

You might as well punch holes for sane minds to weigh.

2 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2015
Murderator:
I remember how chris Ngige was humiliated just cos he held his political rally thesame day the obi of onitcha was having his ofala festival. He was called unprintable names all of which led to his loss at the polls. To the king, he was levelling up with him.

..and I remember you defending Ngige thru and thru ..

Ain't you a hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 11:15am On Oct 17, 2015
Murderator:
ngige didn't parade himself as a king or try to usurp the Obi of onitsha.

The ofala day wasn't a public holiday or a no movement day, so he did nothing wrong when viewed from a certain perspective. But if the Obi felt infuriated by his rally, who are we to question the king who his the custodian of the town's culture?

Eze ndigbo neither paraded himself as a king neither did he usurp Deji of Akure ..

He even respected his throne by making himself available to the king and asked to be clarified with the problems and why the Igbos should leave Akure ..

..Eze ndigbo must have been wearing his crown and regalia going about his normal duties prior to this invitation ..

..Was he told to remove the crown? ..No!

..Was he summoned to be disgraced ..I think so!

I remember that those Eze ndigbo wore their regalias to visit Oba Akiolu before the unfortunate lagoon comment ..

1 Like

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by specco(m): 11:16am On Oct 17, 2015
Murderator:
ngige didn't parade himself as a king or try to usurp the Obi of onitsha.

The ofala day wasn't a public holiday or a no movement day, so he did nothing wrong when viewed from a certain perspective. But if the Obi felt infuriated by his rally, who are we to question the king who his the custodian of the town's culture?

A classic response from a double-faced fellow. A hypocrote!

1 Like

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2015
specco:

A classic response from a double-faced fellow.

Leave am for me, abeg.
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by oboy3(m): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2015
if only the Jide abi na deji of Akure knew the amount of favour he just did me and some others Igbos for flogging some sense intop the fool parading himself as ezendigo outside of igboland,i for one hate that ezendigbo of kafachan or ezendigbo of jagawa etc

Come to lagos every local government has their ezes,and they are mostly igbos from Imo and Abia that love that ezendigbo ish like hell(no oofeinse)

abeg Oba of lagos should consider flogging those eze ndigbo in lagos or throw 'em in the lagoon

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 11:25am On Oct 17, 2015
oboy3:
if only the Jide abi na deji of Akure knew the amount of favour he just did me and some others Igbos for flogging some sense intop the fool parading himself as ezendigo outside of igboland,i for one hate that ezendigbo of kafachan or ezendigbo of jagawa etc

Come to lagos every local government has their ezes,and they are mostly igbos from Imo and Abia that love that ezendigbo ish like hell(no oofeinse)

abeg Oba of lagos should consider flogging those eze ndigbo in lagos or throw 'em in the lagoon

This kind of comment is nauseating and the exact reason I don't comment on this kind of threads ..

Am off, Mr. muderator ..thanks for your time.
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by tonytony208(m): 11:27am On Oct 17, 2015
dunkem21:

Eze ndigbo neither paraded himself as a king neither did he usurp Deji of Akure ..

He even respected his throne by making himself available to the king and asked to be clarified with the problems and why the Igbos should leave Akure ..

..Eze ndigbo must have been wearing his crown and regalia going about his normal duties prior to this invitation ..

I remember that those Eze ndigbo wore their regalias to visit Oba Akiolu before the unfortunate lagoon comment ..
Jesus! With peeps like you around, peace can never reign between Igbo's and other tribes in Nigeria. Can you imagine the nonsense argument you put up? He had been staying in akure for 70 years, yet, he wants to be told to remove his stupid crown in front of a king. Is he a king? A king of which territory? Well, the akure saga will put an end to all these nonsense you have been playing out in the southwest.

3 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 11:32am On Oct 17, 2015
tonytony208:

Jesus! With peeps like you around, peace can never reign between Igbo's and other tribes in Nigeria. Can you imagine the nonsense argument you put up? He had been staying in akure for 70 years, yet, he wants to be told to remove his stupid crown in front of a king. Is he a king? A king of which territory? Well, the akure saga will put an end to all these nonsense you have been playing out in the southwest.

OK sir ..you will win me with 70 years experience in tribalism ..grin

..am off! ..but before I go, I remember that I have once entered Cherubim and Seraphim with my shoes on instead of being bare footed ..maybe they would have flogged me ..

I also remember peeing on a shrine in my NYSC days and eavesdropped two corpers moaning away on the chief priests table ..maybe we would have been used for sacrifice ..

..My point? ..To be forewarned is to be forearmed!
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by tonytony208(m): 11:36am On Oct 17, 2015
dunkem21:

OK sir ..you will win me with 70 years experience in tribalism ..grin

..am off! ..

Don't try to be clever by half. your comment only show steeupidity.

Can any Yoruba ever call himself a king in Igbo land?

Can you ever appoint eze ndigbo in Britain?

Your useless tribe dare not.

1 Like

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Beremx(f): 11:37am On Oct 17, 2015
So when its time for elections, Eze Ndi Igbo will be of importance abi?

The Deji of Akure messed up big time. Come to Lagos and see the very importance of Eze Ndi Igbo and you will know that LASG does not joke with it.

Nonsense!!
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 11:45am On Oct 17, 2015
Beremx:
So when its time for elections, Eze Ndi Igbo will be of importance abi?

The Deji of Akure messed up big time. Come to Lagos and see the very importance of Eze Ndi Igbo and you will know that LASG does not joke with it.

Nonsense!!

Waoh! Madam, you said what am scared to say ..

Ubrigado!
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 11:46am On Oct 17, 2015
tonytony208:

Don't try to be clever by half. your comment only show steeupidity.
Can any Yoruba ever call himself a king in Igbo land?
Can you ever appoint eze ndigbo in Britain?
Your useless tribe dare not.

..and he wins with experience grin
Congrats!
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by tonytony208(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2015
dunkem21:

..and he wins with experience grin

Congrats!

Who wins? You mean the useless eze that is already suspended by Deji or who?
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by oboy3(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2015
dunkem21:

This kind of comment is nauseating and the exact reason I don't comment on this kind of threads ..

Am off, Mr. muderator ..thanks for your time.
Bye

1 Like

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Beremx(f): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2015
dunkem21:

Waoh! Madam, you said what am scared to say ..

Ubrigado!
this is actually my first comment since this Deji of Akure and Eze Ndi Igbo ish started. Just like you,I hate to comment on threads with ethnic intonation.

I just had to err my views on this thread.

Eze Ndi Igboship is still very much active in Lagos and they are recognized by the LASG. In the LCDA where I live,the Eze Ndi Igbo of the LCDA has an office in the headquarters. The street where his palace is was named after him. The Igbos in my LCDA hold political meetings in his palace.

Coincidentally,he shares the same surname with me. grin

2 Likes

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2015
dunkem21:

Then why did he put on a crown to the Deji's palace? Isn't that kingly enough?

Don't you know that a second King in a palace means a coup is on the way?
dunkem21:
@bold. which
throne? His or Deji's?

Is that why he had to dress like a king or show that he's at par with the true king?

dunkem21:
that day was his day of reckoning

dunkem21:
courtesy demand you don't go visiting a king with even a cap on. After 70yrs in akure, he still didn't know that.

dunkem21:
if it was planned for him to be disgraced, the beating would have taken place at his own so-called palace. He disgraced himself by not regarding the law that states that only a king can
install a market leader. Also, he wore a royal regalia to meet another king.

dunkem21:
did they wear crown?
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by CSTR2: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2015
And some people were busy fighting South-africans for their thorough humiliation of Nigeria.
Hopeless country.
I just wish we can skip to the end towards the inevitable disintegration and save people's time and future.
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by dunkem21(m): 12:01pm On Oct 17, 2015
Beremx:
this is actually my first comment since this Deji of Akure and Eze Ndi Igbo ish started. Just like you,I hate to comment on threads with ethnic intonation.

Eze Ndi Igboship is still very much active in Lagos and they are recognized by the LASG. In the LCDA where I live,the Eze Ndi Igbo of the LCDA has an office in the headquarters. The street where his palace is was named after him. The Igbos in my LCDA hold political meetings in his palace.

A street named after Eze ndigbo ..and a PALACE

..same surname? ..be rest assured that am dining with you today in your home, royal highness!
Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Beremx:

all of these is about to come to an end.

Just cos a state decides to recognise you doesn't mean facts should be erased. It also doesn't mean you should start expanding your territory or thinking you are at par with the powers that permitted you.

The title eze will be stripped soon.

1 Like

Re: How The Eze Ndigbo Erred In Akure by Beremx(f): 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
Murderator:

Then why did he put on a crown to the Deji's palace? Isn't that kingly enough?

Don't you know that a second King in a palace means a coup is on the way?
@bold. which
throne? His or Deji's?

Is that why he had to dress like a king or show that he's at par with the true king?

that day was his day of reckoning

courtesy demand you don't go visiting a king with even a cap on. After 70yrs in akure, he still didn't know that.

if it was planned for him to be disgraced, the beating would have taken place at his own so-called palace. He disgraced himself by not regarding the law that states that only a king can
install a market leader. Also, he wore a royal regalia to meet another king.

did they wear crown?
So its because of crown they beat him up? When he was officially recognized as the Eze Ndi Igbo by the Deji of Akure,the Deji didn't know Eze Ndi Igbos use to wear crowns? Did the Eze's crown signify that he was a he was in a competition with the Deji? Does the eze's crown and deji's crown have the same representation?
Nonsense!

I am very sure the crown wasn't the problem. The Deji of Akure was just bitter that an Igbo man was elected as the Baba Oloja of a market in Yoruba land!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Things Missing In Nigeria - Pastor Chris / Why Hasn't EFCC Arrested Tompolo...? / Osun West By-election: Inec Declares Pdp Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.