Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,551 members, 7,908,476 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 07:19 AM

Jquery - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Jquery (1084 Views)

Free Online Training For Html/css, Javascript, Jquery, Mysql, Php, Java, Android / Free Csharp, Mvc, Jquery And More Tutorials Online / My Web Development Consultancy Thread(html, CSS, Javascript, Jquery, ASP.NET) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jquery by omitusaf(m): 11:32am On Oct 17, 2015
This thread is for query enthusiasts, beginners and pro. Here we interact with one another about tutorials, code snippets and others.
Re: Jquery by checkmateman: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2015
Nice, almost finishing the ebook on jquery
Re: Jquery by omitusaf(m): 1:09pm On Oct 17, 2015
checkmateman:
Nice, almost finishing the ebook on jquery

Which book are you studying and how effective is it?
Re: Jquery by checkmateman: 4:27pm On Oct 17, 2015
omitusaf:

Which book are you studying and how effective is it?

I'm using javascript and jquery; an interactive..... By jon duckett and javascript for programmer by deitel. The first explain it better but the second give practical example both have their example's source code downloadable
Re: Jquery by Sibrah: 4:10pm On Oct 18, 2015
My fear abt JS and JQuery is that they aren't complete on their own as they need HTML, CSS most times to complement them. You guys who are into it can correct me if I am wrong. I favoured java cos i saw it being capabletof running 'everywhere' when i started programming. Though, now i know better but i still see JS & JQuery as 50% of web based dev.
Re: Jquery by checkmateman: 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2015
Sibrah:
My fear abt JS and JQuery is that they aren't complete on their own as they need HTML, CSS most times to complement them. You guys who are into it can correct me if I am wrong. I favoured java cos i saw it being capabletof running 'everywhere' when i started programming. Though, now i know better but i still see JS & JQuery as 50% of web based dev.

Java is not a web programming language, and if at all you want to enter web development, you will have to do html, css, javascript, php, and sql which are the basics. Java only do applet( which is out of phase) and jsp (which is like asp and javascript).
Re: Jquery by omitusaf(m): 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2015
What are the differences between jQuery, jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile?
Re: Jquery by checkmateman: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2015
omitusaf:
What are the differences between jQuery, jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile?

JQuery is the mother, it makes writing javascript easy, JQuery UI and JQuery Mobile are self explainatory, they are plugin for jquery and the first helps in desginging UI and the second help in designing for mobile but mind you UI and Mobile depend on JQuery that is JQuery have to be used along with both
Re: Jquery by Olumyco(m): 9:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
Nice question treat
Re: Jquery by Noblenerd: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
Nice... What do you guys think if we create a whatsapp group to this effect: JavaScript/JQuery Forum?
Re: Jquery by Olumyco(m): 6:34am On Nov 30, 2015
Noblenerd:
Nice... What do you guys think if we create a whatsapp group to this effect: JavaScript/JQuery Forum?

There is a group for JavaScript already

(1) (Reply)

Made A New App - Comments Needed From Yoruba Speakers In The House! / Celebrity Stock Exchange / Am Looking For A Web Developer That Can Code Very Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.