Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,898 members, 7,899,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 09:21 AM

Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail (16609 Views)

Perekeme Richard Kpodo For Raping A Girl In His Hotel, Arraigned In Court / Yetunde Akilapa Arraigned In Court For Theft (Photo) / Maryam Sanda Weeps, Arraigned In Court For Killing Her Husband, Bilyaminu Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by dammytosh: 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
Linda collect the money you dey waka go jail.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by vigasimple(m): 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
I hope the connected people are not hounding and bullying bloggers?.

Is there a prima facie case of blackmail established? Or is it just a case of defamation?

The former is criminal whilst the later is civil.

The penalty for civil matter is not imprisonment unlike criminal matters.

The fact that bank manager has money and connection should not stop the truth being told where there is proof of the illicit affairs.

Bloggers must publish the truth whilst the big guys in society should not use police and the courts to harass bloggers and journalists to cover the truth.

1 Like

Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by emillionaire: 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
bloggers are not smiling,
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Burger01(m): 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
Bloggers and lies...like bread and buttersmiley

1 Like

Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by phila123(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2015
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
Firefire:
Time to recheck and send Alhaji Lie Mohammed the Senior Propagandist to 'Maximum'.

see you, PDP smelling all over your body.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2015
I don't understand how some bloggers think. You publish rubbish against high-profiled individuals and still upload your personal picture including your real facebook page.

OMG sad Karma is bitccch

I will never upload my real pics.

Real bushhhhiiit sddsdfggffggbjhhhhghh.....continues grin
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by joystickextendr: 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2015
too bad

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Lancier(m): 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at insurancedirect2u in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment. 

Our Services: 
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance,Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Oil & Gas Insurance etc. 

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services. 

For inquiries, call LANRE  on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 2bd85fdb  You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com. 

INSURE TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen. Please forward to all your friends and contacts.

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Service Delivery "2U" Guaranteed.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by ademusiwa5: 5:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
angry

Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Chanchit: 5:32pm On Oct 17, 2015
If this kyn thing continue till next year, all this yeye bloggers go change business.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by stanleyazo(m): 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2015
for those that are yet to be caught.. take note of the implications.. yeye bloggers smh..
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
rusher14:
Brilliant.
Publish facts you can corroborate not falsehood.
Oh no
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:35pm On Oct 17, 2015
PRINCENWAEZE:
Why them no go arraigne am when all the bloggers wan be like linda ikeji angry

Oya face the music asap grin

Kai
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2015
honest journalism stipulates that you have hard facts before you publish.... bloggers rely on hear say... in future this would get so many them into big trouble like this guy.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by manny4u(m): 5:37pm On Oct 17, 2015
Brilliant all this bloggers must be put in check.

Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by alao85(m): 5:39pm On Oct 17, 2015
See life oooo,Linda bought mansion for BananaIsland while Desmond was dashed in apartment in prison in dsame Ikoyi all in d name of blogging.Linda blogs while Desmond floged.
Check my signature thou
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 17, 2015
ipledge10:
When someone used blogging to buy 850 million naira..another person became tenant prison through same blogging.

God please direct me on the path of profession that will work for me,and not the that will put me in trouble
Classic
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by FredHandsome(m): 5:46pm On Oct 17, 2015
symbianDON:
kikikikikikikikikikikikiki grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the guy wan buy house for banana island...but na ikoyi prison e go get land tongue tongue tongue tongue
Quite hilarious but it's the irony of life. On a more serious note, this proliferation of bloggers and offensive blogs should really be checked: too many humans, parading themselves as bloggers, mongering malicious stories in the name of making money. It's becoming quite irritating...

1 Like

Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
englishmart:
behind every rumour, there's an iota of truth...
Mr UBA, I'm suspecting you...
Now someone should arraign me
That is not true. That I saw James hugging Juliet doesn't mean that they're having affair
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Neplusultra(f): 5:54pm On Oct 17, 2015
ipledge10:
When someone used blogging to buy 850 million naira..another person became tenant prison through same blogging.

God please direct me on the path of profession that will work for me,and not the that will put me in trouble
Lmao!
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Bollinger(m): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2015
rusher14:
Brilliant.

Publish facts you can corroborate not falsehood.

He is in jail not because of libel but because of blackmail. Libel is not a criminal offence, blackmail is.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by rusher14: 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
Bollinger:

He is in jail not because of libel but because of blackmail. Libel is not a criminal offence, blackmail is.

True that.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2015
symbianDON:
kikikikikikikikikikikikiki grin grin grin grin grin grin grin the guy wan buy house for banana island...but na ikoyi prison e go get land tongue tongue tongue tongue

Guy u don make me laugh troway my food oooo haaaaa!!!!

Shey na 2plot plot of land dey ikoyi prison abi?
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Emmanuel602(m): 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2015
:-D the guy was even too broke to bail himself

1 Like

Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2015
Kai my igbo friends will say .... "Odikpa risky oooo" bloggers are under the watch
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by Seun360(m): 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2015
Make Ohaneze Ndigbo step in to the matter na. Why should an Igbo go all the way for another young Igbo man.

Quote me and thunder go strike you in 3 days time.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by symbianDON(m): 6:52pm On Oct 17, 2015
FredHandsome:
Quite hilarious but it's the irony of life. On a more serious note, this proliferation of bloggers and offensive blogs should really be checked: too many humans, parading themselves as bloggers, mongering malicious stories in the name of making money. It's becoming quite irritating...
don't mind them o! money (i-want-to-get-rich-quick-at-all-cost) driven-blogging rather than purpose-driven blogging... i hope others of his type are going to learn from this.
Re: Blogger Desmond Chima-Ike Arraigned In Court For Libel And Blackmail by j4sure(m): 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2015
mikeangelo:

http://theunion.com.ng/news/blogger-arraigned-in-court-for-libel-blackmail-remanded-in-ikoyi-prison/

what shall it profit a blogger to tarnish someone image in the name of Traffic or Fame or Money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Ogbobe Stephen, Enugu Auditor, Demand N5m Ransom / NSCDC Officials Broke My Arms, Legs During Dispute – Lawyer (photo) / Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.