Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,865 members, 7,872,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 01:13 AM

Quotes Nigeria Needs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quotes Nigeria Needs (522 Views)

Nigeria Needs Ndigbo Now – Saraki / The Three Changes Nigeria Needs, By Muhammadu Buhari / Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quotes Nigeria Needs by mikolo80: 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2015
Singapore, governing for three decades. He is also widely recognized as the founding father of modern Singapore. His son Lee Hsien Loong is the current Prime Minister of Singapore and Mr.Lee Kwan Yew is the Minister Mentor. Without further ado, here are 15 Prime Minister Lee’s quotes.
As of 20th March 2015, Lee Kuan Yew is on his 7th week critically ill lying on the hospital bed, rumors has it that he is on his death bed and dying. Update: Lee Kuan Yew passed away on the 23rd of March.

What I fear is complacency. When things always become better, people tend to want more for less work.

Every person, genius or slowpoke, has a right to reproduce himself.

I wish I can meet my wife in the hereafter, but I don’t think I will. I just cease to exist just as she has ceased to exist.

I don’t believe in love at first sight. I think it’s a grave mistake.

Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards.

I do not yet know of a man who became a leader as a result of having undergone a leadership course.

I always tried to be correct, not politically correct.
If Singapore is a nanny state, then I am proud to have fostered one.

I make no apologies that the PAP is the Government and the Government is the PAP.

Even from my sick bed, even if you are going to lower me into the grave and I feel something is going wrong, I will get up.

I have been accused of many things in my life, but not even my worst enemy has ever accused me of being afraid to speak my mind.

One man one vote is a most difficult form of government… Results can be erratic.

I was a product of the times, the war, the occupation, the reoccupation, my 4 years in Britain, admiring but at the same time questioning whether they are able to do a better job than we can.

If you deprive yourself of outsourcing and your competitors do not, you’re putting yourself out of business.

Singaporeans, if I can chose an analogy, we are the hard disk of a computer, the foreign talent are the megabytes you add to your storage capacity. So your computer never hangs because you got enormous storage capacity.

You know, the cure for all this talk is really a good dose of incompetent government. You get that alternative and you’ll never put Singapore together again: Humpty Dumpty cannot be put together again…

Political reform need not go hand in hand with economic liberalisation. I do not believe that if you are libertarian, full of diverse opinions, full of competing ideas in the market place, full of sound and fury, therefore you will succeed.

If you can’t force or are unwilling to force your people to follow you, with or without threats, you are not a leader.

I ignore polling as a method of government. I think that shows a certain weakness of mind – an inability to chart a course whichever way the wind blows, whichever way the media encourages the people to go, you follow.

If Singapore is a nanny state, then I am proud to have fostered one.

With few exceptions, democracy has not brought good government to new developing countries…What Asians value may not necessarily be what Americans or Europeans value. Westerners value the freedoms and liberties of the individual.

Even from my sick bed, even if you are going to lower me into the grave and I feel something is going wrong, I will get up.
I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn’t be here today.

I make no apologies that the PAP is the Government and the Government is the PAP.

Freedom of the press, freedom of the news media, must be subordinated to the overriding needs of the integrity of Singapore, and to the primacy of purpose of an elected government.

I started off believing all men were equal. I now know that’s the most unlikely thing ever to have been…

Repression can only go up to a point.
When it becomes too acute, the instruments of repression, namely the army and the police, have been proved time and time again in history to have turned their guns on their masters.
Re: Quotes Nigeria Needs by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
K
Re: Quotes Nigeria Needs by Tunami(m): 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2015
hmmm, true true talk (TTT)

(1) (Reply)

Northerner Musa Gambo Tinubu The Shinning Star Of the North / Nigerians Sign Petition Against The Confirmation Of Barrister Adebayo Shittu / See funny tweets as Amaeci Said He Had Never Taken Bribe Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.