Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,742 members, 7,935,209 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 01:00 AM

Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari (941 Views)

Nigeria's Super Tucaco Jets, To Get Laser Guided Bombs And Rockets. / FFK, Fayose Don't Want Buhari Alive - Lauretta Onochie / Nigerians Want Buhari To Resign On Moral Grounds, Guardian Poll Shows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by Freegift75: 4:14am On Oct 18, 2015
Nigeria And The Misplaced Priority - Buhari

Written by
Dr Saint

During a debate, I asked a question of whether our government’s spending priorities are in order. In response, an unemployed graduate in attendance raised eyebrow saying all the political contestants must be subjected to mental screening before voted for!

In his reaction, Mr Ben emphatically analysed that "wants" are given priority over "needs", and as a result, government struggles to fulfill its basic obligations and politicians incessantly complain that the government is underfunded.

Literally, the economic definition of a "NEED" is something needed to survive. In economics, the idea of survival is real… meaning someone would die without their needs being met. This includes things like food, water, and shelter, health. Even business, health and education will crumble without adequate provisions of the necessities.

But a "WANT", in economics, is one step up in the order from needs and is simply something that people desire to have, that they may, or may not, be able to obtain.

With so many resources available to our different states, imagine, a governor prefers building stadium to paying workers' salaries. Another prefers building 28 so-claimed new Mega schools while cost for just one mega school can renovate over 500 schools.

Is spending to make Abuja a Mega city more important to POWER or REFINERY?

Our public infrastructure is crumbling before our eyes. Our roads, bridges, dams, parks and schools are literally falling apart because of misplaced priorities of our political leaders.

According to the word of President Buhari,

"No doubt that in Nigeria we have a crisis of misplaced priorities at the detriment to peace and progress, I advocate for your support as my administration will differ."

Dear Nairalanders, how should this burden be tackled?

Constructive responses are welcome...

Dr Saint
Re: Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by Nobody: 4:15am On Oct 18, 2015
God bless you my President.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by Beesluv: 4:17am On Oct 18, 2015
Carry on sai Buhari, may God help you

1 Like

Re: Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by oduastates: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2015
Nigeria and Nigerian have a misunderstanding of what it takes to achieve growth and development. Development equals Road, flyover and a few tacky houses( "mansion").
Firstly , you cannot allow Iweala, others like her and the organisations they represent( IMF and world bank) to dictate your policies.
Secondly, states like benue, kogi,taraba, kaduna, osun,jigawa,kwara etc should be buying tractors and not wasting money on airports.
Thirdly, The wasting of money on a mediocre capital ( Abuja) must stop. Designed After Brazilia and Canberra, Abuja is substandard when the money already spent is taken into account.
Education is the basis of development. Well groomed and educated people do not vote for idiots.
Another example,
Teaching LCM,HCM,binary,mode, mean, median etc in primary school and not following it up with their physical application in computing,statistics,medicines etc at the secondary and tertiary level is diabolical.
I can go on an on.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by Freegift75: 7:37am On Oct 18, 2015
oduastates:
Nigeria and Nigerian have a misunderstanding of what it takes to achieve growth and development. Development equals Road, flyover and a few tacky houses( "mansion"wink.
Firstly , you cannot allow Iweala, others like her and the organisations they represent( IMF and world bank) to dictate your policies.
Secondly, states like benue, kogi,taraba, kaduna, osun,jigawa,kwara etc should be buying tractors and not wasting money on airports.
Thirdly, The wasting of money on a mediocre capital ( Abuja) must stop. Design After Brazilia and Canberra, Abuja is substandard when the money already spent is taken into account.
Education is the basis of development. Firstly, Well groomed and educated people do not vote for idiots.
Teaching LCM,HCM,binary,mode, mean, median etc in primary school and not following it up with their physical application in computing,statistics,medicines etc at the secondary and tertiary level is diabolical.
I can go on an on.

Exactly. God bless your wisdom
Re: Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by IAMTHEHERO: 7:42am On Oct 18, 2015
l didn't see where PMB said so in the write -up. The OP has taken that thing he was warned not to take again.
Re: Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by Freegift75: 9:52am On Oct 18, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
l didn't see where PMB said so in the write -up. The OP has taken that thing he was warned not take again.

Sharaaaaap,

Who are you to question my personality? Am I a Nairaland wailer like you?

Do you know some are open to privileged information from the inner bosom of PMB? I can with authority tell you Mr President's last dinner...

So, either you support him or mount mountain kilimanjaro or River Niger to go and die
Re: Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by IAMTHEHERO: 10:25am On Oct 18, 2015
Freegift75:

Sharaaaaap,

Who are you to question my personality? Am I a Nairaland wailer like you?

Do you know some are open to privileged information from the inner bosom of PMB? I can with authority tell you Mr President's last dinner...

So, either you support him or mount mountain kilimanjaro or River Niger to go and die
One thing l know is l have told you the truth.You people should continue to deceive PMB with your lies. Even both Satan and PMB are tired of your lies and propaganda. I will not call you names because l was not brought up that way.Moreover,names calling is your trade mark and that of your other brothers.
Re: Nigeria & Misplaced Priority, I Will Be Guided By "NEED" Not "WANT" - Buhari by Freegift75: 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:

One thing l know is l have told you the truth.You people should continue to deceive PMB with your lies. Even both Satan and PMB are tired of your lies and propaganda. I will not call you names because l was not brought up that way.Moreover,names calling is your trade mark and that of your other brothers.

Hun un un un un un

I reserve my comment but take note that you are under surveillance here on Nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To World Leaders On Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu / Tension In Enugu As Youths Attack Police Station / Photo: The Isekhure Of Benin Kingdom & Benin Chief Priest Meets Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.