Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,134 members, 7,887,284 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:50 AM

Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega (834 Views)

Omega Power Ministries Weds 140 Couples Same Day (photos/video) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Of Omega Fire Ministries Is A Spiritualist / The Release Of The Omega Anointing. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by huxley(m): 11:52am On Apr 30, 2009
Early Christians, particularly Paul who was the first to write a surviving work about Jesus and Christian belief,  believed that Jesus was the first to die and the first to be raised from the dead. His writings suggest as much. According to Paul, a flesh and blood Jesus never walked on earth, but died and ressurected in the spiritual realm in heaven. Almost all of Pauls writings about Jesus's visit to the earth talks in terms of a COMING and not a RETURN or NOT a second coming.  This is strongly indicative that Paul never believed in an earthly Jesus who would have lived only a couple of decades early.  Let's look at some of Pauls verses:

1 Corinthian 15: 20-23:

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Colossians 1: 18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Watch this video for more info.
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by PastorAIO: 1:26pm On Apr 30, 2009
I thought that I'd already addressed this issue here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-265654.0.html#msg3796280

I was expecting a response.
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by duduspace(m): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I thought that I'd already addressed this issue here:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-265654.0.html#msg3796280

I was expecting a response.

Yu mean your alternate timeline and parallel universes gooblydook? sorry, I'll stick with the Sci-Fi channel when I want to indulge in fantasies as they do a much better job and don't claim to be saviours of the world.
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by noetic(m): 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2009
huxley:

Early Christians, particularly Paul who was the first to write a surviving work about Jesus and Christian belief,  believed that Jesus was the first to die and the first to be raised from the dead. His writings suggest as much. According to Paul, a flesh and blood Jesus never walked on earth, but died and ressurected in the spiritual realm in heaven. Almost all of Pauls writings about Jesus's visit to the earth talks in terms of a COMING and not a RETURN or NOT a second coming.  This is strongly indicative that Paul never believed in an earthly Jesus who would have lived only a couple of decades early.  Let's look at some of Pauls verses:

1 Corinthian 15: 20-23:

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Colossians 1: 18

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Watch this video for more info.

trying to reconcile ur pathetic beliefs to the scriptures. While u are entitled to ur opinion, lying and misinformation are very bad virtues.
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by Tonyet1(m): 2:49pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ [size=18pt]HUXLEY,[/size]

bro most times you gat me thinking how read your own bible (maybe upside down  grin)

i'll ask you back some few questions from the same passage you quoted

1. (vs.20) - from there paul stated Christ as one risen from the dead, now i ask you, if christ never came in the flesh how come paul attested that he (christ ) died, or do spirits die and rise up again?

2. (vs.21) - By man came also the ressurection from the dead, so if christ never existed in the flesh, how come he was declared as a man?

3. (vs.22) - Adam a man originated death, Christ (man) originated life again, or dont tell meyou dont understand

4. How come Paul recognised Jesus as the Christ if he never existed in the flesh
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by PastorAIO: 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2009
duduspace:

Yu mean your alternate timeline and parallel universes gooblydook? sorry, I'll stick with the Sci-Fi channel when I want to indulge in fantasies as they do a much better job and don't claim to be saviours of the world.

Is that your criticism?

fair enough, . . . I guess?
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by duduspace(m): 3:15pm On Apr 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Is that your criticism?

fair enough, . . . I guess?

Yup its convoluted, has no evidence and cannot be proven, don't make much sense and sounds sort of like an escape into fantasy for want of a better explanation.
I must however applaud the fertile imagination of the person who came up with such an explanation (your good self or someone else).
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by JJYOU: 3:20pm On Apr 30, 2009
my granny used to curse people with may you put other people matter on your head. huxley if you devote this lenght of time study what you think is not right i wonder what you do with what you know to be true.

i pray for you that the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ will flood your heart.
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by PastorAIO: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2009
duduspace:

Nothing I said involves an alternate timeline. Rather, I refer to No Time at all. Nothing I said involves parallel universes either.

You obviously have a great fondness for science fiction etc and there's no harm there, but you don't have to force it into my posts and read it where it is not there.

I am talking about existence without time. Are you saying that this is impossible? Or Gooblydook without proof etc? Is that what you are saying?
Re: Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega by duduspace(m): 8:24pm On Apr 30, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Nothing I said involves an alternate timeline. Rather, I refer to No Time at all. Nothing I said involves parallel universes either.
Point noted, I now understand its more like "existence without time" but I must point out yu're beginning to sound somehow like my favorite looney on this forum "Kuns" (now where is that bloke, interesting reading his write-ups were)

Pastor AIO:

You obviously have a great fondness for science fiction etc and there's no harm there, but you don't have to force it into my posts and read it where it is not there.
Yes I do, and I beleive you do too. The Matrix is one of my favorites, shows someone can know the truth but choose to accept make belief because it is much easier to live in false hope and the comfort of accepted falsehood than to face the enormous task of digging out the truth. I'll recommend it for you, some preachers have actually used it as a theme for their sermon.
I'm not forcing it into your posts, even yu must admit that a term like "existence without time" would do well for a movie tag line.

Pastor AIO:

I am talking about existence without time. Are you saying that this is impossible? Or Gooblydook without proof etc? Is that what you are saying?

Existence without time? Now that is a new one, care to expatiate further?

impossible? I find it hard to say that word, but are yu implying that it is a possible explanation or stating it as fact?

Gooblydook without proof? yes that is what I'm saying, care to put forward the proofs?

(1) (Reply)

The Transformation Of Huxley? / Miracles Abound Amongst Us On Earth. / He Is Here Again (watch Out)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.