Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,301 members, 7,950,535 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

Mikrotik Problem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mikrotik Problem (1459 Views)

Wifi Hotspot Training (mikrotik Router) - Lagos / Mikrotik Training Mikrottik Certified Network Associate (mtcna) / Wired/wireless Hotspot Setup(mikrotik/altamedia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikrotik Problem by zoomzu(f): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2009
Dear Gurus in the our,

My office just change it ISP to another one that put the whole LAN on mikrotik router for internet sharing. Initially, it works fine with high speed one could talk of but lately, it stated giving problem, we were asked to change the LAN cards on the CPU we were using as the mikrotik router to 3com which was graciously done. Recently, we changed from that to Mikrotik board itself and the problem still persist that is, when a cable that come from the modem is connected to the mikrotik, the internet would start timing out but when the cable that come from the board is directly connected to a system, it work well and the internet is stable. Any member of the house that knows much or have any clue on this problem should please share his or her view. I graciously await your valuable contributions.

Thanks
Re: Mikrotik Problem by ustinelee(m): 4:57pm On May 01, 2009
what type of modem is that, does it use strieght thru cable or cross over cable try connecting the modem to windows system try pinging and lets see were ur problem is coming from

hope that helps
Re: Mikrotik Problem by yinkfad(m): 10:32am On May 02, 2009
on Mickrotik issue,
1. You said u changed your ISP, now the new IP address giving to you must be configured on ur mictorik where u assign the IP to the cards. you must have atleast 2 lan cards on ur server 1 will receive the signal from the modem on that card u must have the IP coming from the modem on it.
2. on the other card you must have the IP u want to be using on it. then next to that go to route and configure that as well.
3. also configure ur DNS address in ur server you might use ur winbox to do that.
if all this have been done and the same problem still persist pls contact me on this no 08038551924 or mail me on this yinkfad24u@yahoo.com or jmk24u@yahoo.com
Re: Mikrotik Problem by yinkfad(m): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2009
hello bros i want to know if you have been able to get a solution to ur microtik issue all this while because i don't see ur reply neither do i see ur call.

(1) (Reply)

Dell Inspiron 3541 Notebook PC Specs & Price / How To Change The '"hey, Cortana"' Wake Up Text In Windows 10 / SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.