Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,856 members, 7,879,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour (2391 Views)

Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Militants At Bulari - Graphic Pics / Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Soldiers Kill Zakzaky’s Wife, Son, Destroy Shiites’ Headquarters, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by RichyBlacK(m): 11:03pm On Apr 30, 2009
linxon:

I understand your frustration and that of other Nairalanders, but the bad leaders want us all to run away, that way they will become even more powerful. I think they need to be challenged but in creative ways. For example the power is with the locals, if they get together and cooperate they could install secret CCTVs to document this brutality - they could even use their mobile phones collectively. The footage could then be used against the soldiers and if no action is taken, the footage can be posted on Youtube for the world to see. The overall effect would be to remove the "invisibility" of the perpetrators.

You're right.

I'm just tired of the level of callousness in my "home".
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by RichyBlacK(m): 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2009
echelon:

You do not solve a problem by running from it! If we all leave Nigeria, who then will sanitize it?

I agree with you.

I just feel so sad that the bastards responsible for this young man's death will claim he was an armed robber and go scot-free!

May his soul rest in peace. cry
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Kobojunkie: 1:32am On May 01, 2009
Eeeeekkkk!!! Someone ought to warn all Leprechauns ooo!!!  shocked
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Nobody: 2:50am On May 01, 2009
no be naija soldiers?

God help you happen to be wearing black lace up boots, olive green trousers or the like and a soldier should appear upon the scene. you know how intoxicated those good for nothings are with their status as soldiers and ours as bloody civilians. as for camo - don't even think it
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by sosisi(f): 3:19am On May 01, 2009
I dated a military man and he was nothing like these hooligan soldiers
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by udezue(m): 3:21am On May 01, 2009
Barbaric nation, barbaric people. What do we expect?
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Strength10: 5:54am On May 01, 2009
I do not support death penalty but this is a situation where i really think it should apply. Heartless Morons. And what will the lame duck Yaradua do about it now?? If he really wanted to stop this type of inhumane atrosity, he would use those soldires as scape goats and example to other law official who commit these henious crimes with impunity. But he won't because hes just not upto the Task .Nothing have been done in the Killings in Jos yet, so what do you expect from an Administation like this. Morons,
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by idupaul: 6:53am On May 01, 2009
Infact, I am still in shock because I don’t see the basis for killing that boy. That he was putting on what looked like army uniform did not mean he was a criminal.”

even he was a criminal ,he shouldnt be killed, this is really babaric
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Badriyyah(f): 7:13am On May 01, 2009
Hmmmm Soldiers again. May He rest in peace. Hopefully one day justice will be served. The Govt really needs to sort this out, soldiers are there to protect the citizens, Not kill them. smh.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by biggjoe(m): 7:54am On May 01, 2009
The most unfortunate thing about this incident is that it will be hard for anybody to prove anything.

Nobody knows the name or might even recognize the bloody soldiers. Nobody again can prove that the guy was taken to police station because the police will now as it has been that he is dead deny ever knowing of such situation.

We might just start with 'we are still investigating the matter' statement from the police and end up with that ' the guy is an armed robber felled during a shoot out with patrol police and robbers on okada'

It happens everyday.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by presido1: 8:06am On May 01, 2009
Nigerian keep on detoriating day by day. Untill we face the reality things of this nature will keep on coming up. Last time was a naval officer and a lady coming back from work. Who knows when the next one will be and who will be involved.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by biggjoe(m): 9:06am On May 01, 2009
presido1:

Nigerian keep on detoriating day by day. Untill we face the reality things of this nature will keep on coming up. ,

Please people how do 'we face the reality things' things.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by ElRazur: 9:23am On May 01, 2009
$osisi:

I dated a military man and he was nothing like these hooligan soldiers

But was he an animal in bed? grin
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Nobody: 9:46am On May 01, 2009
The Navy is even worst.
I had a face off with those bastards a few years ago, just because I was a passenger in a bus one of their victims drove. Everybody in that bus got spanked. I got mad when it was the turn of an old yoruba woman. The moment I interfered, they let everybody including the driver go, and then descended on me.
They had a good time beating me up in the public while the rest of nigerians looked away. But sure, they knew they met a not ordinary nigerian that day.

Mo gbe mi oooo. cry
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by grafikdon: 10:35am On May 01, 2009
You know the scary thing? This happens almost everyday and the murderers go scot free. And we still argue whether Nigeria is a failed or failing state
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by beneli(m): 11:27am On May 01, 2009
deleted.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by rasputinn(m): 11:16am On May 02, 2009
It's stories like these that make me shrug off stories like these:
[b]"Tension As Policeman Kills Soldier "[/b]https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-267713.0.html

I actually feel a bit "happy",when I read or hear that a policeman shot and killed a soldier or vice versa or that airforcemen invaded a police station shooting people or that some policeman somewhere killed a naval man.Idiots that can't even withstand some rag-tag supporter of APC militiamen in Dafur,no wonder the Dafur rebels killed so many of them easily as they only know how to fight and kill unarmed civilians but can't face gun-totting rebels and our boys from the creeks of Niger Delta.

However I am getting a bit bored with the episodes that involve the police as they always are on the wrong end of reprisals which they have a hard time coping with,I'm actaully "praying"the day naval ratings will kill a soldier,I will truly relish the reprisals as I'm sure it wont be like that of the police and I'm sure the soldiers will then have to bury more than one colleague.

I'll maintain this disposition until those drunk,brutish,murderous and good-for-nothing men in uniform are made to the face the wrath of the law for any crime of murder they commit.

One day,the gun laws of this country will be modified to make it easier to bear arms,that time we go see how many people go stand wait make one stupid,useless and half-trained soldier come torture them so tey dem kpeme,no be to dey first shoot their useless asses

Hissssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Femonjay(m): 9:40pm On May 03, 2009
good people, great nation[/b]
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On May 03, 2009
roflmao!!!
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by ElRazur: 10:31pm On May 03, 2009
Kobojunkie:

roflmao!!!

Oi! Think positive about Nigeria. grin
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by yicob(m): 10:48pm On May 03, 2009
The soldier should be court marshaled. Can't he just arrest the poor boy and get him to off the Camo ? Nonsense !
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 11, 2009
i have been living in the uk for quite sometime and i have only seen a soldier in uniform once, a very rare occurence for soldier to roam the street in the western nations, naija is even worse , thats y Obama chose Ghana as a role model for Africa!
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by otokx(m): 10:56am On Jul 11, 2009
In advanced countries you only see soldiers wear uniform in their barracks but here everywhere you look its like we are at war.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by ikeyman00(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2009
na lie it only because u arent anywhere near their base

maybe u need to come to scotland plenty plenty here
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Dammyray(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2009
As am feeling sad for this so shall the life of those peps be till the end of there life's they will never no peice in there life both dem and there family members shall die like a dog and be thrown away
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by generalzango(m): 11:18am On Jul 11, 2009
Military mentality.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Dammyray(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2009
From A-Z Na naigeria govt cux all this , probably if srike no dey the guy fit no dey for house
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2009
true talk bro,
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Yuno: 11:40am On Jul 11, 2009
this story makes me want to vomit. I pray the family of the victim demands justice loudly and these thugs are executed for torturing and murdering an innocent man and that it will serve as an example to other hooligan soldiers. Nigeria is a sick nation and the only way it can be healed is if the people stand up, go out into the streets and demand better from the government.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 11, 2009
The case has been thrown into the trashcan as someone rightly predicted.
Re: Soldiers Kill Undergraduate For Wearing Green Colour by sosisi(f): 4:25am On Jul 12, 2009
ElRazur:

But was he an animal in bed? grin

It's not all relationships that end up in bed.
I have class cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Copa Del Rey Cup Gets Dropped Under Bus / Oil Rig at Marina / Describe Nnamido Azikwe (obonte) In A Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.