Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,626 members, 7,878,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:19 AM

We’re Making Progress On Projects —fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Making Progress On Projects —fashola (660 Views)

“FG Requires N2trn To Complete Ongoing Road Projects –fashola / More Progress On Benin-ore Road / Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We’re Making Progress On Projects —fashola by OneNaija(m): 2:47am On May 01, 2009
Lagos State governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola (SAN) yesterday assured the people of the state that his administration is making steady progress in all its on-going projects which it has been closely monitoring.

Governor Fashola who stated this while addressing newsmen at the end of his tour of on –going projects in Ikeja, Agege and Ifako Ijaiye Local Government Areas of the state said he was happy to confirm from his personal visits that work at most of the project sites have reached 90 percent mark.

He said: "I am happy to note that a lot of progress has been made from the last time I was here and what is seen now is beyond the 90 percent mark. We are in the final stages of the process. There is no need to revoke any contract at this stage.

"Progress is being made and this is how we keep a check on contractors to ensure that people get value for their money and that tax payers get the benefit for their taxes. As you saw on the Alakuko road where the contractor has just moved to site about four weeks ago and he has promised that by September when the drains have been concluded, he should be ready to deliver the road.

"Seriously there has been appreciable progress from most of the work we have gone to see. From the Magistrate Courts in Ogba, we went to the Stadium in Agege and from the Stadium in Agege we went to a few roads. We went to the old Otta road, the Ekoro road and we are here to see the work going on in the Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM) complex. The students’ hostel is what we have come to look at and also the block for the Clinical Sciences which were at some stages of development when we came here to hand over the BT Pediatric and Diagnostic Centre.

"As for the road works also, from the last time I went to Ekoro, we have seen much more progress. The same progress has been made from the last time I went to Old Otta road. I have also observed that the Magistrate Courts in Ogba was just coming out of the ground when we went there in September last year, but has hit the roof level now".

Asked why the 700 days in office of the administration was not being celebrated in the conventional sense but with work, Governor Fashola said the task ahead demanded so. "We are not celebrating 700 days, we are not celebrating anything, there is a lot of work to be done and we use this opportunity to once again give feedback to Lagosians about what is going on in their areas and in areas where they don’t normally traverse as a matter of daily travel and to also know that something is going on in other parts of the state."

"We don’t just sit down waiting for cold paper work that the contractor has finished his work. We stay with the contractor all through the stages. We know that some of them may encounter problems so it also enables us to assist them to solve problems that they have."

The contractor that had problems with pipelines has overcome them and more progress is being made now but we have moved on beyond that".

While wishing all Nigerian workers a very happy workers day in advance, Fashola said the Lagos State will continue to do a lot more than it is doing now in order to keep the economy going.

He sasid the present administration has put its money where its mouth is by ensuring that it keeps people at work as the several construction companies working all over the state are employing people.

In his words: "Two days ago when I went round to Tejuosho, Oyingbo and all that, I took very clear statistics and that day alone at four sites that I visited there were two thousand people employed by four different companies. Today, I have taken a statistics at some sites. Some had fifty people at work, some had a hundred people, here (LASUCOM) we have I think almost a hundred people".

(1) (Reply)

Electoral Fraud Kills More Than Armed Robbery. / Prof. Dora, This Is What I Think / We’re Making Progress On Projects – Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.