Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,229 members, 7,943,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 02:31 PM

X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography (5028 Views)

X-men: First Class' Follow-up Previously Converse / X-men Fanz;; X-men june 3rd, 2011 ***Review*** / The Wolverine Movie, Lagos And The Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by RichyBlacK(m): 8:03pm On May 01, 2009
Saw it last night! I gave it a 4.5/5.0.

Interesting highlights:
* Lagos, Nigeria was featured in the movie!
* A few actors spoke Igbo in the movie!

Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by Nobody: 9:31pm On May 01, 2009
/\
                           i
                           i   
 tongue Yeah yeah. . .n as always, they came, kicked our ass, n made us look lik a fools tongue wat else is new
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 01, 2009
Ohhhhhhhhh, I'm soooooooooooo going to watch this!! cheesy cheesy

Ehrrrm, what happened to Halle Berry (Storm)?
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by ikamefa(f): 12:08am On May 02, 2009
hugh jackman looks delicious in those movie adverts

definitely going to see it soon
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by iice(f): 6:45am On May 02, 2009
Great effects but i'm not wowed by the movie.

The whole changing of Japanese woman to American just killed it for me.

Liev kiss kiss kiss You have not disappointed me yet! kiss
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 12:21pm On May 04, 2009
hey iice. loooomng time

Nah, they didnt change the japanese woman. She'll be in the (rumoured) sequel (not so much of a rumour if you wait till after the credits)

In the comics, Wolvie had a canadian girlfriend called silverfox beforehand. The white woman in this movie is Kayla silverfox. Many changes abound, but dont worry, Yuriko is still alive and well!
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by iice(f): 1:42pm On May 04, 2009
shocked shocked Dakman grin grin

Long time indeed!  Yeah i figured after the movie that she was silverfox lol.  So slow embarassed

I think i expected the japanese woman not silverfox i suppose undecided

But the whole weapon x thing undecided Like they skipped somethings.  .  .

Hmmmm  i didnt stay till after the credits grin Was too annoyed.

I wanted it darker and no blood? shocked Sacrilege grin

Sequel?  I thought the next one was Magneto? 

Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 1:51pm On May 04, 2009
ja, next origins movie will be about magnus but wolvie should get another movie if this one does well

tis all about the moolah

they skipped sooooooo much, but hey its x-men. The movies and cartoons are always bastardising the comics cheesy

as long as its interesting its ok! cheesy
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by spikedcylinder: 1:53pm On May 04, 2009
Dakmanzero. . . . grin grin grin
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 1:54pm On May 04, 2009
spiked cylinder cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by iice(f): 2:02pm On May 04, 2009
dakmanzero:

ja, next origins movie will be about magnus but wolvie should get another movie if this one does well

tis all about the moolah

they skipped sooooooo much, but hey its x-men. The movies and cartoons are always bastardising the comics cheesy

as long as its interesting its ok! cheesy

Ughhh i still think they should get back Singer to do it. Xmen 2 was the best.

LOL did you really like this movie?
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by spikedcylinder: 2:14pm On May 04, 2009
dakmanzero:

spiked cylinder cheesy cheesy cheesy

I see you've taken out time from your busy schedule to visit us here. grin Have you seen X-men? I'm going to see it tomorrow with my colleagues.
Do you still live there?
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 2:18pm On May 04, 2009
Singer did a good job but remember, he's the king of story mutilation (though in a good way, lol!!!!)

Also, remember he's the director not the writer. The direction of this movie wasn't the problem, I think.

I thought the movie was nice and entertaining. It was annoying that they changed so much, but at least what they showed was pleasant to the eye. Action scenes were good, dialogue wasn' shakespeare, but was good enough, and characters were adequately represented.

Only problem I really have are gambit and the teleporting black eyed peas guy. Killed so easily and stupidly by sabertooth,  what a waste. Plus the way sabertooth got him makes no sense. Did he put his hand there before or after the teleport? Cos if it was before the teleport what we should be seeing is Victor regenerating a massive stump where his arm once was. And if it was after, how the hell could victor smash thru the ribcage so fast without sending the guy flying, prolly unconscious? The writers just needed some cheap tragedy and perhaps needed to kill off will.i.am as fast as they could.

Then there's Gambit. Complete waste of a character. Apart from the fact that he contributes nothing to the story except an implausible and contrived story device to get logan onto the island, he also ensures that victor escapes after committing cold blooded murder for NO reason. Why sabotage Logan's attempt to defeat victor, when he wants him dead as well? More 'script rewrite hell' I reckon.

@spikey- yes, i saw the movie, yes, I still stay there occasionally but its my cousin thatll be there more often these days.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by iice(f): 2:27pm On May 04, 2009
LMAO! @ Mutilation. I give him credit for Xmen though. Ok i agree with you on the writing. But i think, it should have be darker. . .it's friggin Wolverine doesn't help he's one of my favorite heroes sad
I must be the only one aside from my bro who wasn't so entertained by the movie.

Specter - Will.i.am. I agree with gambit though, even though the fight scene was nice, i didn't see why he had to be in the movie. Perhaps an introduction? Will there be an Origin: Gambit movie?
Weren't you a lil pissed at how deadpool turned out?

On specter, i might be wrong. . .but i think they were going for his body not assembling back fast enough, so sabretooth's fist got stuck in it undecided Frankly, i don't even know why he was there either.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 3:18pm On May 04, 2009
Meh, i dunno much about deadpool so I couldnt get pissed about that. Fom what Ive heard he's a wisecracking smartass, and the actor they chose for him was appropriate, giving the level of black-belt-level wisecrackery he assaulted us with in blade:trinity.

However he had little screentime, but his action scene was BAD ASS! lol.

Weapon 11=deadpool was rather silly, though. But it did give us a good enough 'last boss'. lol.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by iice(f): 3:32pm On May 04, 2009
LMAO!. . .last boss indeed.
I'm not a fan of deadpool (my bro is), i liken him to Flash of JL who i also don't like.

Hehehehehe, mahn did i miss your posts grin
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 3:34pm On May 04, 2009
Nairaland just transformed into a mass of noise and spam.

Plus all the constant posters just vanished all of a sudden! And my favourite section (Games) became a barren wasteland,
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by iice(f): 3:39pm On May 04, 2009
Yeah i know what you mean. It's no way like the old days.

Can't really learn much anymore undecided
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by Orimili(m): 6:06pm On May 04, 2009
Excellent Cinematography? Did you watch the same Wolverine that I did? That movie was horrible, this coming from a fan of comic based movies! Too many mutants, not enough character development. Butchered storyline, and worst, they ruined Deadpool! Fox should give up their license to do Marvel superhero films.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by iice(f): 6:09pm On May 04, 2009
LMAO, everyone's on Fox's back, but like Uwe Boll - they just wont fade away cheesy
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 3:25pm On May 05, 2009
Hey Orimili

FOX's version of the x-men has always been different from the comics. It just so happened that the genius of bryan singer's crew of childhood friend screenwriters made us love the first 2 movies so much.

You may notice that even though diehard comic maniacs dont like x3 and wolverine, both movies STILL appeal to the mass of non-comic fans that were lured in by the first 2 movies!

Also, they are both more accurate than you think. Many of us so-called comic geeks are actually pretty ignorant of the obscure sources of both movies, and they are further obscured by modifications.

Marvel productions appear to do a better job because they know the most prominent aspects of the superhero stories, and they focus on those, with as few changes as possible, and still provide a great script, so allthe comic nerds can watch iron man/hulk and feel happy at being able to name all the characters.

Case in point: many of us are annoyed at not having seen deathstrike, yuriko, alpha flight, vindicator, and a lot of the well known aspects of the origin, but THIS IS THE REAL ORIGIN that they showed. Wraith, silverfox, deadpool, agent zero, team X, these are the bases of this movie, and though many of us either do not know them, or only know the modified retconned versions, they are nonetheless pretty faithful, with a number of arbitrary changes here n there.

even the weapon x =weapon 10 stuff is real- a recent retcon by marvel letting us know captain america was weapon 1. weapon 11=deadpool is an invention, but weapon 11 AND deadpool both share similar backstories, both were upgraded by logan's DNA.

Gambit was a total invention, ms frost as silverfox's sister was an invention, the blob as member of team x was an invention also, and vindicator/heather showing up as old people and getting killed so quickly was also an invention (and a message that we will never see alpha flight) BUT these are no more jarring than iceman's age reduction.

What I'm saying is dont be so pissed off at the movie. Do some digging around the team X stuff and other obscure stuff and the next time u watch the movie ull be less offended. You will also appreciate the fun action scenes and brisk pace of the movie, both of which I was grateful for.

The Lagos stuff was shyte though.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 06, 2009
dakmanzero:

EXACTLY! tongue
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by spikedcylinder: 12:01pm On May 07, 2009
Nawa o. Finally saw it last night. As predictable as night and day. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by zinnuraiin(m): 8:44pm On May 07, 2009
Mr. Moderator it seems U ar Igbo that U say they U heard them speaking Igbo in the Movie
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by biina: 1:28pm On May 08, 2009
dakmanzero:

Ziggy_mama link=topic=267913.msg3831917#msg3831917 date=1241637254:

EXACTLY! tongue
It practically ruined the whole movie for me. angry
They could have given it a fake name, or chosen a more remote area, instead they chose to degrade Lagos to the status of a slum. angry
I wonder when Nigeria will start taking Hollywood to task on their often misrepresentation of our society angry
For that alone, I rated the movie 1/5.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 1:48pm On May 08, 2009
Why wont they continue to misrepresent when there are people on this very forum that support that kind of nonsense.

Their only justification being 'it is fiction'.

What a load of bolocks.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by MasterUgwe(m): 11:53pm On May 08, 2009
dakmanzero:

Hey Orimili

FOX's version of the x-men has always been different from the comics. It just so happened that the genius of bryan singer's crew of childhood friend screenwriters made us love the first 2 movies so much.

You may notice that even though diehard comic maniacs dont like x3 and wolverine, both movies STILL appeal to the mass of non-comic fans that were lured in by the first 2 movies!

Also, they are both more accurate than you think. Many of us so-called comic geeks are actually pretty ignorant of the obscure sources of both movies, and they are further obscured by modifications.

Marvel productions appear to do a better job because they know the most prominent aspects of the superhero stories, and they focus on those, with as few changes as possible, and still provide a great script, so allthe comic nerds can watch iron man/hulk and feel happy at being able to name all the characters.

Case in point: many of us are annoyed at not having seen deathstrike, yuriko, alpha flight, vindicator, and a lot of the well known aspects of the origin, but THIS IS THE REAL ORIGIN that they showed. Wraith, silverfox, deadpool, agent zero, team X, these are the bases of this movie, and though many of us either do not know them, or only know the modified retconned versions, they are nonetheless pretty faithful, with a number of arbitrary changes here n there.

even the weapon x =weapon 10 stuff is real- a recent retcon by marvel letting us know captain america was weapon 1. weapon 11=deadpool is an invention, but weapon 11 AND deadpool both share similar backstories, both were upgraded by logan's DNA.

Gambit was a total invention, ms frost as silverfox's sister was an invention, the blob as member of team x was an invention also, and vindicator/heather showing up as old people and getting killed so quickly was also an invention (and a message that we will never see alpha flight) BUT these are no more jarring than iceman's age reduction.

What I'm saying is dont be so pissed off at the movie. Do some digging around the team X stuff and other obscure stuff and the next time u watch the movie ull be less offended. You will also appreciate the fun action scenes and brisk pace of the movie, both of which I was grateful for.

I see you know ur xmen, however you think fox's lame interpretation was the real origin? its was crap, i wonder when the studios will learn to stop straying too far from the source material eg Deadpool -Baraka, superman ving a son etc  yeah its a comic book movie , but if done right and closer to the source it can be good eg darkknight, Spiderman 2, Blade 1-2 , X2.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by Nobody: 12:34am On May 09, 2009
it was a 6/10 for me. had expected much more. the sequel is coming so lets see what happens and DEADPOOL is going to get his own movie looks like XMEN movies are paying off.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by Treetop20(m): 12:35am On May 09, 2009
a load of bullocks. i hated it
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by dakmanzero(m): 3:19pm On May 11, 2009
@masterugwe

Yeah i understand that u dont like them straying from the source, BUT:

* in many cases the source is just impossible to adapt without making many changes. Look at speed racer- they tried to stay too close to the source and people just laughed at the silly graphics.

* in the case of superman, they chose the 1980 movies as the inspiration and NOT the comic books. If you go back and watch those movies you will see they had little or nothing to do with the comic books, like smallville. The possibility of superman having a son is VERY VERY REAL. In superman 2, superman got naked and had sex-out-of-wedlock with lois lane in a very long, very well emphasized scene. This led to the son in supes returns

in defence of the new 'deadpool-baraka':

The original deadpool was offered a cure to cancer by using wolvie's DNA, this instead disfigured him and drove him insane yet unable to die, even though he longed for death due to his disfigurement.

In the comics, weapon 11 was the next subject in the secret supersoldier project that produced wolvie (weapon x) and captain america (weapon 1). Stuff learned from wolvie's adamantium transformation was used to produce weapon 11.

of course, the first history of deadpool is too long to squash into a wolvie movie, and fox wanted to test the popularity of ryan reynolds as deadpool before greenlighting a deadpool movie. So they needed to fit him in, and what they did was adapt weapon 11 and take similarities from his story and deadpool's story, combine them and give us weapon-11-deadpool-baraka-superman

not pretty, but not too bad in my opinion. To go into the long story of 'the dead pool' game of death and dp's quest for suicide would have made a movie that was too long and too boring.

The way they did it, look at all the good things:

1. People LOVED the new deadpool, so there is a greenlight for the deadpool movie! EXCELLENT!
2. Deadpool has his 2 characteristics intact: healing factor and disfigurement, PLUS involvement in the weapon x program. the other stuff (baraka blades, teleporting and eyebeams) can easily be stripped from him due to the scientists saying he was not fully finished yet.
3. His head was cut off but he is alive. stay till after the credits and see.
4. Baraka blades allow them to let deadpool fight like a samurai without having to explain how he suddenly gets samurai blades out of nowhere, and allowing him to lock swords with wolvies adamantium blades without wolvie jus slicing thru.

I am one of the most vocal critics of the stupidities of this movie (Lagos, bleh) so you know I'm not just grasping at straws.
Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by Raahym(m): 8:04am On May 12, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,

Please have this, it might be useful for your desktop as a wallpaper.
Courtesy of EHL/HITV. This is in bid to promote the world class organization that we are.

Re: X-men Origins: Wolverine - Excellent Cinematography by MasterUgwe(m): 5:20pm On May 13, 2009
@darkmanzero i see what u saying, but hollywood has messed up enough Ghostrider, x3 , Wolverine , dont realy care about Superman aint a fan. Its about time Marvel bought back the rights to their products , then we can have better produced movies, not the cluster fest special effex crap they give us

(1) (2) (Reply)

Premier Movies To Watch Out For This Festive Season / Bbnaija 2021: � Moments Emmanuel Caught Boma Fingering Tega Last Night (video) / What's The Meaning Of Your Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.