Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,267 members, 7,881,018 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:55 AM

How To Setup An Advert On A Joomla Website Using The Joomla Adagency Component - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Setup An Advert On A Joomla Website Using The Joomla Adagency Component (823 Views)

How To Fix The Joomla White Screen Of Death / Introducing The Joomla Auto Update Extension From Joomlashowroom / How To Add A Home Icon To The Joomla Menu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Setup An Advert On A Joomla Website Using The Joomla Adagency Component by todhost(m): 8:40am On Oct 21, 2015
Website Monetization had been of crucial concern for bloggers, news website owners, forums and most other website owners. The common way to make money from a website is to add advertising spaces for users or to take advantage of the Google Adsense advertising programme. In this article, we will look at how you can use the Ijoomla Adagency Component to insert advertising into your Joomla website.

First, you will need to install the Adagency Plugin. If already installed, you will find the plugin under the extensions tab in your Joomla backend. To install adagency, click on extensions>manage and select your Adagency Component then click upload and install. If successful, you will be notified on the screen, You can then proceed to configure your advert following the instructions below.

Create your Advert Zone.

An advert zone is simply a module position to contain your advert. It could be a top header advert, a sidebar or bottom zone position. Before you can create a zone, you will first need to identify available zones. To do this, preview your website template to see the available module positions entering the following url in your browser: http://yourdomain.com/index.php/?tp=1 Ofcourse, you will have to replace "yourdomain.com" with your actual url.

Now to create a zone, Go to:

Components > Adagency > Managers > Zones > New

Enter the preferred name of your zone and and configure your zone and save your details.

Next, You will need to create a package

To create a package, go to: Components > Adagency > Managers > Packages > New

Configure your package and make sure you set it to the right zone.

Save your settings when you are done.

Next, You will need to create a campaign

You can actually create multiple campaigns just as you can create multiple packages and zones.

To create a campaiggn, go to: Components > Adagency > Managers > Campaigns > New

Configure your campaign and save your settings.

Now Proceed to setup your adverts.

You have the options of using banners, affiliate ads(adsense, affiliate links etc) flash ads, and any other. Let us assume you want to setup an adsense ad.

Go to: Components > Adagency > Managers > Ads > New > Affiliate ad

Standard ad will be for a banner image ad and there are other options.

Next, enter the ad title and description, leave the keyword area empty except you have good reason to use it.

Next, click the properties section and make sure you select the right adsence code that matches the size you have earlier specified in your "Zone". Select the advertiser and click "save".

You will return to continue the configuration of your advert by checking the campaign where you will have to match the campaign with your advert.

You can now save the page, clear your cache and check your advert display on your website.

That is all.

Share your experience on the comments page at https://www.todhost.com/blog/how-to-setup-an-advert-on-a-joomla-website-using-the-joomla-adagency-component.html

1 Like

Re: How To Setup An Advert On A Joomla Website Using The Joomla Adagency Component by agbcomng: 2:42am On Dec 20, 2015
Hi, sire is the name. I jus got jeemaSms cos I hed it can integrate with jomsocial 2 send automated birthday sms, and also at user registration like facebook. But am nt sure how to use this component. Can any one pls help me out, my phone no is 07060663776 and My Email is agent@agb.com.ng. U would be well appreciated if u cud help me out, tnks in advance
Re: How To Setup An Advert On A Joomla Website Using The Joomla Adagency Component by todhost(m): 9:49am On Mar 06, 2016
You will need to contat Jomsocial support

(1) (Reply)

Webmaster Help Needed. / Bamidele Onibalusi: Th 19 Quote Of The Most Important Blogger In Nigeria / Who Can Develop Android App For My Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.