Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,568 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:48 AM

Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? (27563 Views)

RVP To Manchester United: Who Is The Greatest Beneficiary? / Arsenal Vs Manchester United: Who Wins? / Ojuelegba Boys Vs. Manchester United: Who Go Win? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 12, 2007
Banderas:

This is how it works. In the history of English football, Liverpool is the greatest. In the last ten years, Manchester United rules. In the lat 5 years, Manchester United rules. Chelsea is not (yet) the greatest, neither is Arsenal.

And for your information, I'm a gooner.

I quite agree with you that you are a gooner, but you joined last season.
From the days of Noah Arsenal has always being a nightmare to man-u and will
continue to be. In terms of record, victory, trophies Arsenal got dem all.
last season's home and away victory is enough prove if you haven't gotten any record.
And Chelsea wasn't referred to in this trend, so leave us out!

And get this in your head: Arsenal is greater than Man-u.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Banderas(m): 9:18am On Sep 12, 2007
Dason, what do you know about Arsenal? How many times have you seen Arsenal play? How many stadiums have you been to? How long have you had a season's ticket?

Great teams aren't judged by head to head, they are judged by silverware. The statistics currently show Man U being reasonably ahead of the Arse.

Using your "days of Noah", the best English team is Liverpool, then Man U, Then Arsenal. Chelski will be 10th I think.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 12, 2007
@Banderas
I don't have to witness any match before I get my prove,
thank God for the internet, i can get all records even before my birth.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Banderas(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2007
I see. So where did you get your record that I joined Arsenal last year?
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by topetope(m): 12:14am On Sep 24, 2007
united we stand

Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by topetope(m): 7:03am On Sep 24, 2007
united we stand

Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by 9ja4eva: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2007
Manchester United
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by software(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2007
chelsea for life
come rain come sun come anything

chelses all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy even in defeat.

Chelsea for life,
all u haters RIP
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by tkb417(m): 8:52am On Sep 25, 2007
I quite agree with you that you are a gooner, but you joined last season.
From the days of Noah Arsenal has always being a nightmare to man-u and will
continue to be. In terms of record, victory, trophies Arsenal got them all.
last season's home and away victory is enough prove if you haven't gotten any record.
And Chelsea wasn't referred to in this trend, so leave us out!

And get this in your head: Arsenal is greater than Man-u.
And come to think of it that you told Banderas Arsenal is greater than United!!! Bizareee. where on the internet did you get that gist from? what trophies are you talking about? please enlighten me oo.
U dont know shit
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by tkb417(m): 10:53am On Sep 25, 2007
This came from  Peter Hill-wood

He says that their world domination plans are, well: "Bulls**t. I don't want to run Chelsea down but if you compare them to Manchester United or Liverpool, who you could say are the two biggest names in UK football, for Chelsea to think that they can suddenly dominate is fantasy. It is not going to happen."

Hill-wood was commenting on Chelsea's plan to dominate footie.
I'm still waiting for where on the internet you got info about Arsenal winning trophies more than United.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Hugoboi(m): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2007
for Chelsea to think that they can suddenly dominate is fantasy. It is not going to happen."

Word!!
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by 9ja4eva: 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2007
Manchester United

History says it all
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by cmdrenzo: 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2007
which other club could be greater. really think about it the only club to succesfully complete a treble and is still waxing on. arsenal can enjoy their brief stay at the top of the table but the greatest club in the WORLD Man utd will soon take thier rightful place at the no 1 spot. ONE UNITED
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by toba1909(m): 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2007
Surely the GUNNERZ

Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by eldee(m): 10:19am On Oct 02, 2007
arsenal 4 eva
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by manu4laif: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2007
Can't believe this thread still alive.

Greatness in football is mostly defined by the number, dominance and quality of  trophies won .That's why though the magyars and the Czechs were dreaded in the 50s and 60's they may not be considered in the same breadth as a Uruguay who were also dreaded then but came out with memorable trophies.

Arsenal no doubt are a great side in England and respected(not feared) in Europe. But when it comes to COMPARISON with Man U then they are on a lower pedestal. Using the same criterion Man U will also be on a lower pedestal to Liverpool(for now grin grin )

WAN UNITED   grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2007
I strongly agree with you
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by 9ja4eva: 6:17am On Oct 04, 2007
manchester united
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by freaskie(m): 3:36am On Oct 12, 2007
ARSENAL 's the baba for now. Give it to us
I better have all the money without winning a trophhy like we currently are.
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by kiyosaki1(m): 12:57pm On Oct 17, 2007
gunners ooooooohhhhhhh gunners ooooooooooohhhhhhhh can't anyone see the hand writing on the wall.At present who is scoring exciting goals as my dear Van Persie or who can beat the workpace of Fabregas,no wonder the bible said that "this people are blind" and also not only that "my people perish for lack of knowledge".Anyone who still did not understand how gunners will emerge as the crown champion comes the end of this season is either fully blind or partially blind or suffering from color blindness and should go and see his optician then go and search for more knowledge.gunners fi life
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by ritchboy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 17, 2007
Man u r 'feared' in europe?
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by klemofem(m): 1:27pm On Oct 19, 2007
This issue is not what we can just judge, but for me, I think Arsenal is the greatest in England. well, I am clement a new member, sign in today 19/10/2007[color=#000099]
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by deebarca: 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2007
You cant compare that, in everything sir fagie is above winger, who is winger.
Do you know this? Ryan giggs have won premiership more than winger talkless of sir fergusson. 9 premiership for giigs , how many for winger?
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by lamisanya(m): 8:13pm On Oct 25, 2007
deebarca:

You can't compare that, in everything sir fagie is above winger, who is winger.
Do you know this? Ryan giggs have won premiership more than winger talkless of sir fergusson. 9 premiership for giigs , how many for winger?
I am unquestionably an Arsenal fanatic. I have watched 3 games at highbury one of which was a demolition of MAN U.(the barthez gifts)
When it comes to trophies Liverpool is greatest then Man U then Arsenal.
But there are some things every one must know:
The longest Unbeaten run in English football history.
The longest scoring run in English football history.
The longest unbeaten AWAY Matches record(two Seasons +5 games):for chelsea fans making noise about a home record!!!
The lowest FA cup losses ever
and one of only three teams(man u not in this elite group) to have won 3 back to back league titles.
Titles are for trophy rooms Records ARE FOREVER

Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by 9ja4eva: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2007
Manchester United
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by singlet: 10:40am On Dec 13, 2007
talk about chelsea and liverpool, they are great.Talk about ARSENAL,they are greater.TALK ABOUT MANCHESTER UNITED(RED DEVILS)THEY ARE THE GREATEST OF ALL,
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by 9ja4eva: 5:06am On Dec 15, 2007
manchester united
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by ndumart: 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2007
David and Goliath, who is taller? There is no basis for comparison. records speak for itself.

Premier league Champions
Manchester United 16
Arsenal 13

Champions League
Man Utd 2
Arsenal 0

FA Cup
Man Utd 11
Arsenal 10

Man U 4 life
Case closed
Re: Arsenal, Manchester United: who is greater? by em19em6: 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
Naija

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Atletico Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (0 - 0) On 13th April 2022 / Manchester United Vs Stoke City (2 - 1) On 2nd December 2014 / Valencia Vs Manchester United: UCL (2 - 1) On 12th December 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.