Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,851 members, 7,899,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 03:25 AM

All Is For Mom - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / All Is For Mom (563 Views)

To My Late Mom... / A Letter From Mom & Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

All Is For Mom by Liftkid(m): 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2015
‪On a bright sunny day like this When the sun was Very harsh on mother earth, When the windy, dusty wind of harmattan was busy painting the whole city brown. on a day When eveveryone took shelters in their homes and office's and the all left the harsh streets deserted. Not minding all this troubles, not minding the hotness of the heaty sun, a woman was willing to save a lyf, a woman was willing to take a trip, a trip that is filld up wit pains nd suffrins, a trip that sometimes ends with death and sometimes happiness.."a risky trip"....the good 9months she got her self redy 4 this trip, wit helps and Words of encouragement 4rm frnds nd luvd ones... But on dis day she was left on her own. Locked up in a room dt wz taggd "LABOUR", she pushd, she sweated, she Took all dose sufferings, she witstood all dose pains. She was trying to bring a soul to life, she was fighting so Tochi could breath life, she was fighting so my bday songs would be on my lips this day. She fought and fought and fought, lastly... She won Happiness, she saved a life, she saved my life. Today I stand wit a heart filld up wit joy, wit my eyes fixed right in the sky and I say '' THANK U MOM"

1 Like

Re: All Is For Mom by Ycmia: 5:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
On a bright sunny day like,
When the sun was at peak ,
When the windy- dusty wind of harmattan
Was busy painting the whole city brown.

On a day When everyone took shelters
In homes and offices of theirs
And all deserted the harsh streets.

Not minding all this troubles,
Not minding the hotness of the heaty sun
A woman was willing to save a life
A woman was willing to take a trip
A trip that is filled up wit pains and sufferings
A trip that sometimes ends with death and Sometimes happiness_"a risky trip"....

The good nine-months she got her self ready
For this trip, with helps and Words of,
Encouragement from friends and care ones

But on this day she was left on her own.
Locked up in a room tagged "LABOUR",
She pushed, she sweated, she visted hell
She withstood all such pains
Trying to bring a soul to life

She was fighting to breath life,
She was fighting so my birthday songs
Would be on my lips this day.
She fought and fought and fought,
Alas- She won Happiness, she saved a life,
She saved my life.

Today I stand with a heart filled with joy
Wit my eyes fixed right in the sky
And I say '' THANK U MOM"

You did a great job wit a content I am yet to meet...am sorry though,I changed somethings in ur work which I think is necessary,though many of your choice of words are retained reason been that I'm indirectly urging you to please adhere to writing of poetry in stanza to bring more traffic to ur work and try to be poetic too..also try to punctuate your work though I'm still working on it(most of my works are not punctuated)...

1 Like

Re: All Is For Mom by Liftkid(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2015
Thanks so much

(1) (Reply)

Lost Faith / To The Moderators / Arise! My Beauty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.