Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,936 members, 7,873,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign (663 Views)

Ben Bruce Leads Senate Charge Against Buhari Over Recession / Ben Bruce Reacts To AMCON Closing Silverbird / EFCC Chairman Magu Leads Nigerians On 'walk Against Corruption' In Abuja(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by gbolakpine(m): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
The Commonsense Advocate, Senator Ben Bruce tweeted a series of tweets with the hashtag #Killtribalism in which he traced the history of detribalized politics in Nigeria and urged Nigerian youths to kill tribalism in the country and for governments to end indigene settler dichotomy.
The Senator may not have known how quickly his ideas would catch on but it did as Nigerian youths latched on to the idea and ran with it. In less than an hour the hashtag became the top trending hashtag in Nigeria according to the official Twitter trends map.

http://www.kongegist.com/2015/10/ben-bruce-leads-nigerians-in.html

Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by mayorkyzo: 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2015
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by gbolakpine(m): 10:02pm On Oct 21, 2015
More tweets...

Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by gbolakpine(m): 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2015

Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by wachakuta(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
Oga Ben Bruce sabi make mouth for twitter... make him pass d bill wey go cancle dat yeye state of origin ish in Nija nah
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by drauj(m): 10:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
I stand for #killtribalism movement.

Pls let's not derail from subject.

Yes #killtribalism
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
if only the yourobbers will agree!
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by Brimmie(m): 10:10pm On Oct 21, 2015
The Twitter Sinator! grin grin
Making sense.. But you have to #KillWailers before you #KillTribalism .
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by jaymejate: 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
Na NAIRALAND that suppose start from.
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by Omololu007(m): 10:31pm On Oct 21, 2015
wachakuta:
Oga Ben Bruce sabi make mouth for twitter... make him pass d bill wey go cancle dat yeye state of origin ish in Nija nah
state of origin can never be cancel...if your state like it can cancel it,but for my state ondo state,it will never be cancelled

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by Uniben4sure: 10:38pm On Oct 21, 2015
Our biggest problem is religion. Igbo's don't have much problems with christian Yoruba's, likewise northern christians. The problem I think is more with the Muslims. One of the reasons why the different tribes in ss/se relate better is because of coherence in religion, aside being nearest neighbors.

I wish we could stop being fanatical with religion and put humanity first before any goddamn religion.

1 Like

Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by bodeloja: 10:42pm On Oct 21, 2015
The most tribalist tribe that is spoiling for a tribal war will never agree to this. In Sanusi words, "Yorubas are the problem with Nigeria."
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by Emekamex(m): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2015
Allow us to go.
Tribalism is embedded deeply into the Nigerian system, it can never be eradicated.

Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by VickJames(m): 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sorry, let tribalism stay.

Nigerians should stop living in dreams and face reality. No human is detribalized, I'm sorry, its the real truth. How do I expect a man from core north who doesn't know a street in the east to tend to the problems in the east? Its not possible, we will only end up managing the situation and we all die managing.

Like an economic analyst said today, our economy cannot carry our population anymore. So what should we do? Let everyone fight for himself. Its better.

There are 1001 reasons for u to accept the dissolution of this country. If you think very well without emotions, you'll see more reasons than I have thought to go separate ways.
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by Owoloku1: 12:49am On Oct 22, 2015
People wrongly see this tribalism thing as a North vs south or religious power fight but from what I've seen so far from what I've seen it's just pure hatred for our fellow man if not how else will you explain it when in Rivers State an Ikwerre landlord and come and sack a calabar man without notice at night and even go as far as bringing his children to remove the doors and windows? Thought Ikwerre and Calabar were supposed to be southern tribes?

It's this pure hatred for ourselves that is killing us yet no body is willing to do anything about it
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by basilo101: 12:52am On Oct 22, 2015
yorubas the problem of Nigeria are the worst tribalist, expecting ppl to be thanful to them for living in their own country? stand up and compete stop thinking u did anybody any favour
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by Nobody: 12:57am On Oct 22, 2015
Sorry Sir, Oga common sense I no gree instead let Biafra go and let tribalism stay is better what do you think Sir.
Pls dont quote me if u do ur life will be like Nigeria say amen!!!.
Re: Ben Bruce Leads Nigerians In #killtribalism Campaign by patrick89(m): 3:04am On Oct 22, 2015
Rubbish! Hypocrisy will kill this country more than corruption.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Has No Plan For Nigeria. / Dispute Over Edo Cement Plant Site Deepens / It's A Sin To Claim That PDP Mismanaged Nig For 16yrs . In Support Of Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.