Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,077 members, 7,977,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 08:00 PM

"My Late Mother Pushed Me Into Drug Trafficking" - Drug Trafficker - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / "My Late Mother Pushed Me Into Drug Trafficking" - Drug Trafficker (854 Views)

Disabled Nigerian Drug Trafficker Dies Of Swallowed Cocaine Pellets In Ghana / Witches Pushed Me To defile Nine-year-old Girl, Says Father Of Three (Photo) / Sisters Beat Father For Having An Affair With Their Late Mother’s Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"My Late Mother Pushed Me Into Drug Trafficking" - Drug Trafficker by Recognise: 4:14pm On May 02, 2009
Yeah right, from the grave . . . [size=16pt]@V[/size]

"My late mother pushed me into drug trafficking"
By CHRIS ANUCHA

A suspected drug trafficker, Ego Anthony, has told narcotic agents at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), how he wanted to use money made from the illicit business to give his dead mother a befitting burial.

[img]http:///chxfzp[/img]
  Ego ANTHONY

Anthony, 31, and Igboanuzue Christian, 39, were arrested at the MMIA recently by the National Drug and Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).

According to the Agency’s Commander at the MMIA, Mr. Victor Cole-Showers, both suspects ingested wraps of substances that tested positive for cocaine.

Anthony, with passport and ticket numbers A0024518 and 07444495706784 , respectively, was nabbed at the central screening point on March 30, 2009.

He allegedly ingested 95 wraps of substances weighing, 1.960 kilogrammes which he wanted to smuggle to Hamburg. He confessed to have swallowed the drugs in an unnamed hotel. “They promised to pay me 4,000 euros. I had wanted to use the money to bury my late mother, who is now in the mortuary. My younger ones do not even know my whereabouts. I used to sell motor spare parts but I lost everything,” Anthony, from Udi Local Government Area of Enugu state said, as he fight back tears.

Christian, also a spare parts dealer was arrested at the central screening area on March 29, 2009. The suspect, with passport number A0984726 and ticket number 0749611081116, respectively, was found to have ingested 95 wraps of substance that tested positive for cocaine, weighing 1.903 kilogrammes.

He claimed he wanted to enhance his business with the 3,000 euros they promised to pay him. His final destination was to be Dusseldorf. The suspect is from Oraifite in Nnewi South Local Government Area of Anambra State.

According to the NDLEA spokesman, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju All the suspects will be charged to court.

Meanwhile, a total of thirty-eight youths were arrested at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA),between January and March 2009, for allegedly trafficking in hard drugs. Thirty-five were males while three were females. Records also showed that thirty-eight drug suspects were arrested at the same Airport in three months.

The Chairman/Chief Executive of the Agency, Ahmadu Giade, who disclosed this in Lagos, recently, also said that a total of 132.185 kilogrammes of narcotic drugs, with an estimated Street value of over one hundred eighty-two million naira, were also seized by the Airport Command within the same period under review.

Cannabis has highest chunk of the seizures, with 74.303 kilogrammes. Cocaine is next with 45.57 kilogrammes followed by heroin with 12.312 kilogrammes.

While urging the youths to resist drug barons, Giade said: “The youths must see themselves as stakeholders in drug control. They must resist any attempt by drug barons to lure them into prison to scuttle their ambition. When drug barons or their agents come to you to smuggle drug, expose them to the NDLEA and be handsomely rewarded.”

for SOURCE: Click here
Re: "My Late Mother Pushed Me Into Drug Trafficking" - Drug Trafficker by Vallo57(m): 6:08pm On May 02, 2009
Oloshi!!

Blame it on your defenseless mother.
Re: "My Late Mother Pushed Me Into Drug Trafficking" - Drug Trafficker by jona2: 11:46pm On May 04, 2009
lol. grin
Re: "My Late Mother Pushed Me Into Drug Trafficking" - Drug Trafficker by Nignog: 1:54pm On May 17, 2009
yo mamma be rolling in her grave if you could have bought her one.

(1) (Reply)

Can Nigeria Manage Their Deference's? If Not What Can She To Redeem Her Children / Brazilian Ref Stabs Player To Death / The Worlds Biggest CRIME!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.