Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,155 members, 7,907,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 02:16 AM

KPMG: My Temp Experience - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / KPMG: My Temp Experience (53309 Views)

KPMG Salary Structure: Salary Payment Of Staffs Of KPMG Nigeria / KPMG Undergraduate Internship / Farewell To KPMG (My Final Temp Experience) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Laredojohn(m): 8:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
KPMG, a nice and cool place to work, the selection process very transparent, unlike the man know man firms...

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Cruzeiro(m): 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
juddexy2:

Source: Facebook wall of a good friend, Edwin Ugwuodo Chukwunonso.
https://www.facebook.com/ugwuodo.edwin/posts/1046789995354230

Brilliant write-up Mr Edwin. I'll like to restate (emphatically) what Mr Tobi Oyedeji stated earlier; Anticipate Tax Debate 3.0, because it'll do more than blow your mind. The Tax club, Unilag will not relent in its mission to groom Tax experts, especially at the youth level. Spread the word, preach the gospel of Tax resuscitation, brace yourselves, because Tax debate 3.0 will shake Nigeria up.
Aladeloye Ayobami (Cabo),
Secretary General elect,
The Tax Club.

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by lxgx1: 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2015
well done young man. you've only tasted the beginning. FROM KPMG strive to enter the likes of Mckinsey & GS.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by hedonistic: 8:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
I hate KPMG Nigeria for very personal reasons, and I would carry out my revenge on certain elements in that company at the appropriate time..

Fake ass company with fake ass staff.

4 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
juddexy2:
Yeah, Our Educational System one way or the other also contribute to your Premise
no, anyone can fit in there, its all a mindset. The work ethics of such companies is designed to both motivate you and trigger your sense commitment. Its like a bee hive. All na forming. Psychological you are not the same person that walked in and walked out.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
op nice one. Point is that there are opportunities out there, but these companies go for the best among the bests and guess what, their test there is no sorting and it is purely based on merit which goes to those who know their onions. most often, many graduates and even corps members are not prepared for such test. I could remember when wrote my first job aptitude test while I was serving and how prepared I was compared to what I saw there. success comes when preparation meets opportunity, Nigerian youths always prepare and wait for the opportunity which is there. see you at the top.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Adortem: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
MWTGDAra:
see more
[url=http://][/url]
yeah!! there is no such thing as hell fire!! even GOD ALMIGHTY use his own mouth to say that it has never crossed his mind to burn his own piple in fire - jeremiah 7:30 & 31
Even though you have derailed this thread, I just must comment,Please have it in mind that there is indeed a place called hell fire.Are you a Christain?

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by jaggzy: 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2015
how much does KPMG pay?
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Adortem: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2015
Those tests doesn't favour Faculty of Arts graduates
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by kaboninc(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2015
abbey621:
You don't have to be a genius to work at KPMG, you just have to be enlightened. I've also done some temp. work for KPMG and they are fantastic! The company I work for presently hires temp. from KPMG all the time to fill some of our technical needs and most time these temps are just normal professionals trained properly. Our problem in Nigeria is that the universities are still using syllabus from 1970s and refuse to expose undergraduates to real world applications and/or technologies.

Or lecturers who have no idea about 'opportunities'.

I schooled in UNN.

I'm really looking for an opportunity with any of the big 4. Did some trial with KPMG but wasn't successful. You see these companies, they are the place to lunch yourself especially in the world of consulting and advisory.

Then McKinsey too.

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by TCann(m): 9:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jarus:

This was actually what propelled me to float my career blog, JarusHub, in 2013, and wrote my book, The Road to Victoria Island.

Lack of access to information is the bane of many Nigerian students and fresh graduates.

Jarus, I concur with you...I can't start sharing my conversation experiences with some undergrads here...I feel sad, sometimes embarrassed...It is pathetic o!

Maybe it was our ICAN training way back in the Uni of Ibadan as undergraduates those days, that quickly exposed us (I mean myself and some of my friends) to the outside world and corporate lagos...maybe (90% of us landed in different great estab including some in the big 4s)

Back then, there was a lot of passion and interest to know, know and know more!!!! This is what I see majorly lacking these days with my bruvs and sis in school.

Great fan of Jarushub...I wish I have, as of present, the wherewithal to share my story...but schedules (personal and official) heavy but still will share, one day, soon! Young people out there need help.

T-CANN, (LL.B, BL,ACA,MBA)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by oshyno(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2015
ucheicon:
As a graduate of unn i'm disappointed in his characterisation of unn students as not exposed. You should know that he's a law grad and most law students do not tend to see their future with the big four. But he can't say same of the management faculty. Many unn grads of the faculty of business are working in the big four. Yours sincerely, an electronic engineering grad,knew of classmates or people of my dept who worked and are working there. Electronic engineering grads own a lot of software firms doing big biz in nigeria e.g C2G,seamfix,byteworks,parkway projects,first spectrum etc. Your characterisation should have been limited to law students. Even at that,nduka ikeyi a unn law graduate,worked in KPMG and was also lecturing in unn part time before he became enugu attorney general. So law students during this time would have been aware of KPMG. So pls edit that write up and stop displaying your own mental environment as unn or eastern-based students fact!

This must be Digitron 2006.Osuagwu them boyz.

I agree with you about the Op's stereotyping. Engineers concerns themselves with Schlum, exxon chevron n co. We all heard about it during our school days. Soo Op, u hear only or concerns yourself with your field.

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Welcomme: 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jarus:

This was actually what propelled me to float my career blog, JarusHub, in 2013, and wrote my book, The Road to Victoria Island.

Lack of access to information is the bane of many Nigerian students and fresh graduates.

Bro Jarus, pls, how can I get ur book?
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Jarus(m): 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2015
Welcomme:
Bro Jarus, pls, how can I get ur book?

Check options here.

http://www.jarushub.com/where-to-get-jarus-book-the-road-to-victoria-island/

In addition to the locations listed, it is also available at Lagos Airport (MMA 1) departure hall bookshop.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
hedonistic:
I hate KPMG Nigeria for very personal reasons, and I would carry out my revenge on certain elements in that company at the appropriate time..

Fake ass company with fake ass staff.

Ah Bros Wetin hapun
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by defemidefemi(m): 10:10pm On Oct 22, 2015
MWTGDAra:
see more
[url=http://][/url]
yeah!! there is no such thing as hell fire!! even GOD ALMIGHTY use his own mouth to say that it has never crossed his mind to burn his own piple in fire - jeremiah 7:30 & 31
u b advertiser for Satan right? I pray may ur eyes of understanding b open. may b u will need to read Revelation 20 :14 - 15. if God can't destroy man wit fire y did he answered Elijah prayer when he asked God to send fire to consume the army dat came to arrest him?
And try to ask ursef if God was d one who destroyed Sodom wit fire.

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by juddexy2(m): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
Jarus:

Check options here.

http://www.jarushub.com/where-to-get-jarus-book-the-road-to-victoria-island/

In addition to the locations listed, it is also available at Lagos Airport (MMA 1) departure hall bookshop.
Jarus, I have also been following ur career website keenly. Please I need to know your knowledge level on the Audit Firm Grant Thornton, it's obvious they are next to the big four in terms of combined income internationally . How well do you know them, in terms of recruitment procedures esp the Nigerian member firm. Thanks.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Jarus(m): 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2015
juddexy2:
Jarus, I have also been following ur career website keenly. Please I need to know your knowledge level on the Audit Firm Grant Thornton, it's obvious they are next to the big four in terms of combined income internationally . How well do you know them, in terms of recruitment procedures esp the Nigerian member firm. Thanks.

After the Big 4, they're one of the next 3. I think they're 5th in Accouting/Auditing services globally.

I don't know much about their operations in Nigeria, however.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Jarus(m): 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2015
kaboninc:

Or lecturers who have no idea about 'opportunities'.

I schooled in UNN.

I'm really looking for an opportunity with any of the big 4. Did some trial with KPMG but wasn't successful. You see these companies, they are the place to lunch yourself especially in the world of consulting and advisory.

Then McKinsey too.

McKinsey is not in the same class with the Big 4. McKinsey is in higher class called the Top 3 or MBB (McKinsey, Bain and BCG). Those ones are far more different to get job in, than the Big 4.

3 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by BrosMayowa(m): 10:55pm On Oct 22, 2015
Adek15:
i'm kinda lost. Do these companies recruit engineers too? Civil engineers to b precise.
Truth is I've no idea what the big 4 is

What I do know is they recruit university graduates with a minimum of 2.1 in any discipline even if it's Yoruba. Yes, I know that for a fact. You just have to pass their aptitude test and some other 'practical test' as well and they'll handle the rest.
But of course, you must have interest in one of their specialties.. For a civil engineer, maybe their IT section will interest you.. It depends on you as majorly.
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Donbabaj: 11:11pm On Oct 22, 2015
@ op, recently i have been perceiving KPMG's propaganda! undecided
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2015
itsIYKE:
I used to work there before I resigned

Why do you resigned?

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by mickey45: 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2015
angieberry:
Cu students full that place sha

I'm not surprised, the school does instil a sort of "Can do" mentality in their students

1 Like

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by refreshrate: 11:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
How much do they pay? or is it the chicken and cat fish at lunch time i will use to pay nepa bill? or house rent?

my guy used to work there dude complained so much eventually had to leave for another company. Firstly OP na guy wey never enter lift reach 13th floor before...like seriously everything is wonderment to him.

Not saying its a terrible place to work but please oga the amazement is a little too much biko,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by mysticgal(f): 1:28am On Oct 23, 2015
I want to feel what it looks like, working for KPMG. My cuz brags too much about anyway, he's a biggie
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by zezebabyxoxo: 2:00am On Oct 23, 2015
Ok
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Zubair123: 2:32am On Oct 23, 2015
Hmnmnnn.....
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Auxigen(m): 5:00am On Oct 23, 2015
juddexy2:
Yeah, Our Educational System one way or the other also contribute to your Premise
It all boils down to this same issue of corruption.. How will students read when they know they can Sort the course.. it's disheartening and as my Fluid Mechanics Lecturer rightly said "Nigeria is operating on a truncated value system "
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by Adek15(m): 6:25am On Oct 23, 2015
BrosMayowa:

What I do know is they recruit university graduates with a minimum of 2.1 in any discipline even if it's Yoruba. Yes, I know that for a fact. You just have to pass their aptitude test and some other 'practical test' as well and they'll handle the rest.
But of course, you must have interest in one of their specialties.. For a civil engineer, maybe their IT section will interest you.. It depends on you as majorly.
OK. Thanks. I'll find out more abt them
Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by ifoundmyperfect: 7:22am On Oct 23, 2015
Nice one.
But I imagine the author will drop dead when he goes to multinational oil companies. grin

4 Likes

Re: KPMG: My Temp Experience by kaboninc(m): 7:32am On Oct 23, 2015
Jarus:

McKinsey is not in the same class with the Big 4. McKinsey is in higher class called the Top 3 or MBB (McKinsey, Bain and BCG). Those ones are far more different to get job in, than the Big 4.

You are absolutely correct.

Those guys are just superb. For me, like to begin my career with McKinsey. I just like what they do. I also did a trial but wasn't successful. I'll go for another.

Do you know these guys Roland Berger?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should I Sell My Virginity To Retain My Job? / Fire Fighter, Dooshima Dennis, Wows In New Photos / Dauda Musa Umar ‘Major Dagger’, The Strict Instructor At Army Depot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.