Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,941 members, 7,873,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services (62900 Views)

MTN Introduces Cheaper Data Bundles / NITEL Return With 4G Cheaper Data Services / Nigerian Networks Introduce Shaving To Balance Cheaper Data Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by bummyla(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2015
Yeah! NITEL was the best Telecom Provider I ever used! So clear and sharp! Yes ooooh! I am game! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by jbichene(m): 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2015
Beesluv:
Good, this is the change we are looking for
,really ? angry ,"we" you and who ,something we have not used you are already seeing change , in case u were referring to the change synonymous to APC ,I will ask again "we" u and who ,me I envisioned change like no more bomb blast for starters
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by hamilton62(m): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2015
ajibolabd:

www.yomiprof.com/2015/10/war-in-telecom-industry-as-nitel-return.html?m=1
how do we know tgat the service is cheap if the price is not aired.... this is why most people are dull and gullible... just assimilating without common sense,

1 Like

Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Nobody: 2:05am On Oct 24, 2015
hamilton62:

how do we know tgat the service is cheap if the price is not aired.... this is why most people are dull and gullible... just assimilating without common sense,
it will be cheap although not officially published yet. it will make some of these operators to sit up. imagine having 10 GSM network in Nigeria and watch how they compete for market share.
NTEL or whatever should watch it especially her competitor mtn because those guys are good at copying strategies and adding up spices to be better than their competitor in the game. at times I wonder how many mtn staffs are Nigerians that they come up with good plans
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by ndiko: 6:36am On Oct 24, 2015
Let's see how NTEL breaks into this competitive market. I hope they breakeven in less than 2years.
For now my Glo 1k for 3gigs on Android, remains my favourite plan. *drops mic*
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Nobody: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2015
ILOVETOFUCK:
I want to fvck. who can give me a hard Bleep.
am available!
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by hamilton62(m): 7:06am On Oct 24, 2015
asuustrike2009:

it will be cheap although not officially published yet. it will make some of these operators to sit up. imagine having 10 GSM network in Nigeria and watch how they compete for market share.
NTEL or whatever should watch it especially her competitor mtn because those guys are good at copying strategies and adding up spices to be better than their competitor in the game. at times I wonder how many mtn staffs are Nigerians that they come up with good plans
You are optimistic In anticipation and i am far beyond that when it comes to a country like this... how many data providers have we in this country apart from the communication sectors?
we have many but stagnated in same pooh brother.
What is done is what i believe in this state because once bitten shy, twice...
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by hamilton62(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2015
ndiko:
Let's see how NTEL breaks into this competitive market. I hope they breakeven in less than 2years.
For now my Glo 1k for 3gigs on Android, remains my favourite plan. *drops mic*
bro, how do you do that please?
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 24, 2015
hamilton62:

You are optimistic In anticipation and i am far beyond that when it comes to a country like this... how many data providers have we in this country apart from the communication sectors?
we have many but stagnated in same pooh brother.
What is done is what i believe in this state because once bitten shy, twice...
the price will come down but not relatively cheap because of cost of production
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by dapojaja(m): 7:26am On Oct 24, 2015
not rolling out voice service will make them crash again. lack of good voice service patronage kills multilinks, starcomms and others.
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Talentgift: 7:28am On Oct 24, 2015
Change in the highest order, in the history of this great nation........ Nigeriaaaaaaaaaa
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Richie77: 8:30am On Oct 24, 2015
Let's wait and see first.
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Ikiriye(m): 8:44am On Oct 24, 2015
Mystiq25:
hmmm Nigerians sha! What has Jonathan got to do with this? For God sake he has spent six years there without reviving NITEL, now that someone else is trying to do it after few months in office you are now saying Goodluck started it. Give credit to whom it is due please.
Did you not read that Sambo sold the company.is it your Buhari that is selling or reviving it.learn to read and understand before you post goat.
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Ikiriye(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2015
dapojaja:
not rolling out voice service will make them crash again. lack of good voice service patronage kills multilinks, starcomms and others.
What killed them is not voice service bro,but competition.their charge pattern is quite expensive and not as pay as you use.
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Kbs468(m): 11:43am On Oct 24, 2015
lekjons:
Yipee!! time to teach MTN some senses..
lalasticlala!, come and see!
No lesson to be taught. You will rather gain alot more even from others too as the law of economics will surely come into play. With a minimum population of 20 million, each one of them only need to run cheaper services thereby forcing more subscribers to expand usage beyond only calls leading to a balance book. So its gain on both sides
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by lekjons(m): 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2015
Kbs468:
No lesson to be taught. You will rather gain alot more even from others too as the law of economics will surely come into play. With a minimum population of 20 million, each one of them only need to run cheaper services thereby forcing more subscribers to expand usage beyond only calls leading to a balance book. So its gain on both sides
hmm.. True! smiley

1 Like

Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Rexyl(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2015
can't wait to see the company roll out the cheapest data bundles in the country! Hope they will succeed this time around.
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by vakinola1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2015
Do they really have a macro sim or inbuilt on their phones. .
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by laudate: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2015
ajibolabd:
War In Telecom Industry As NITEL Return With 4G Cheaper Data Services

That awesome moment when you think Nitel is dead and gun for life, and you just woke up one morning seeing NITEL Advert again. The good news is Nitel is coming back with full force to take over the telecom industry. Not NITEL again but Nigerian Telecommunication (NTEL).

This time around, NTEL will focus on Data services at the onset; maybe the've noticed people consumed data much than they make calls.
However, NATCOM Consortium, the winner of the bid for the moribund Nigerian Telecommunications Limited, is planning to roll out services next month.

The consortium will launch 4G Long Term Evolution Technology (LTE) services suggesting that the revamped NITEL may focus on data services from the outset. Come next month been November, 4G data services will be launch in Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt before it will finally roll out to other states.
I guess the return of NITEL will even make data more cheaper and other Telecom industry seat up. I[b]f you don't know, NITEL had broadband facilities that traversed the entire country and that once revived[/b], it would boost transmission of broadband capacities from the shores of Nigeria to places in the hinterlands, where the demand is high.
If your device is not 4G supported, then it's time to port with ease.
www.yomiprof.com/2015/10/war-in-telecom-industry-as-nitel-return.html?m=1

Guy, NITEL had shares in SAT-3, but they did not have broadband facilities that transversed the entire country. What they had was a terrestrial network of metrolink copper lines and long-distance fibre-optic cables connecting different parts of the country. undecided

And going by the Nigerian lack of maintenance culture, most of NITEL's old cable and transmission facilities have either been vandalised, or have fallen into a total state of disrepair in a number of places, within the country. The new owners will have to spend mega bucks, refurbishing, upgrading and extending the network before it can be viable.

The return of NITEL is however good news to a lot of folks in the industry.
Re: NITEL Returns As NTEL With 4G Cheaper Data Services by Youngpo413: 11:33am On Dec 09, 2015
Uwaafid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Glo Introduces N500 For 3GB Weekend Data Plan / HTC G2 (Android Phone) Owners Thread / MTN Just Won't Stop. (screenshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.