Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,975 members, 7,942,487 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely (972 Views)

13 Places You Are NOT Allowed To Visit In The World / Nairaland, A Replica Of The Life of Most Nigerian Youths / See Church Where Members Worship Stark Naked (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely by donhils: 7:29pm On Oct 22, 2015
Rules and regulations are good to curtail the activities of human beings, but when these rules become so stringent they make situations unsettling. Nairaland as a forum can be described as a social networking site, but do we really socialize as one would've loved to? Hell to the NO. It looks as if the moderators are just always busy looking for who to block. Like in the old testament, all I see is rules rules rules. I think, the most annoying reason for blocking somebody here is that you're causing nuisance. I read through myriads of rules on this forum and can't find the nuisance rule. Does it mean nuisance is relative here? Maybe there are peevish and disgruntled individuals who don't agree with you, next is you've been labeled nuisance. This is utterly annoying and takes away the "social" in it. You can't buhariarize people all the time, just in the name of being modest. If really one needs to be restricted, it has to be that you have taken the matters to the extremes, not that you argued with someone and you're blocked. Dictatorship is not only practiced as a president, nairaland is a milder definition of dictatorship. How many of us here have been blocked by facebook, Twitter , Instagram, Whatsapp etc for arguing with friends? I'm sure some of you that will read this are even afraid as you're reading, peradventure they catch you and block you. Saying this cos I've been banned several times, most times I see no reason for that.
Re: Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely by Beesluv: 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2015
Too much of everything is bad.

The way Nlanders are going, they may start war right from here if there are no restrictions
Re: Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely by RoyalBlak007: 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2015
thats the juice
Re: Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely by donhils: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2015
RoyalBlak007:
thats the juice
Juice for what?
Re: Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely by RoyalBlak007: 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2015
donhils:

Juice for what?
Thats what makes it interesting
Re: Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely by libertyfather(m): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
Nairaland is not a social network, its a forum

ef oh aru you em! FORUM

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland: A Social Network Where Members Are Not Allowed To Socialize Freely by donhils: 8:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
libertyfather:
Nairaland is not a social network, its a forum

ef oh aru you em! FORUM
Teacher, read the 2nd sentence of the post, it was clearly stated that Nairaland is a forum

(1) (Reply)

Yes, Your Social Media Pages Will Kill You / Birthday: Show Som Love Guys... / Pope Francis Against Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.