Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,355 members, 7,932,271 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:29 PM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (688789 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2015
Everybody wants to claim Yoruba man grin

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2015
IlekeHD:

Mo moh pe o ki n se Yoruba, sugbon ododo oro lo so.

Awa Yoruba, a ni lati fi oro Buhari sile toripe ko se nkankan fun SW.

Let's be impartial with our thoughts and to observe both sides of the coins as Yorubas are known to do.

Ti Buhari ko ba se nkan rere, e je ka criticize e.

E fi oro Buhari si owo awon Fulani.

IyaIode:

Firefire better na, i was shocked to read anonimi is Yoruba

modath:

Anti Ileke, so firefire o ki n se omo kaaro o jiire ?? shocked ... Iyalenu gba lo je fun mi...

.... smiley

Eyin iya wa,

Ki e pe fun wa oooo cheesy

Mo ju ba eyin mama rere, eniti ti o ba fi ti yin se onitohun o raye wa...

Please be kindly inform that Firefire is a full blooded Yoruba...

Oriki idile me,

Proud to share it here… cool

Emi omo Ade… Omo Oye…

Ajanajumu, eru obodo joye ni le baba mi,

Iwefa o duye leyo,

Ojo ti Iwe juye leyo, won ni ki okogba, ko ka lo oko isu,

Nigbati iwefa yio fi ti oko isu de, Oloye ti mu Oye re je,

Loso Oyo, Omo Ojuri ogun ole,

Ololomi abiye osu,

Ori lee je leyo, aki je elepo lowo,

Omo Elepo nkawo, omo olobi njiroso ninu le baba mi.

I beg let me apply brake…

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2015
nduchucks, that fulani clown, speaks Yoruba too.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
IlekeHD:
ndu chucks, that fulani clown, speaks Yoruba too.

Are you convinced with my submission or you need the pic of my father's tribal mark ? cheesy cheesy

I hope I would be handsomely paid. grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
My issue here is these guys are "consistently inconsistent" shocked cheesy July this year, Ambode told us it will be completed in 12 months.Now this is November, he's telling us it'll be completed by 2016.I feel they should just come out clear instead of beating around the bush.I don't feel this is realistic considering the fact that before I left, I didn't really see much going on other than the 8 lane road from mile 2 to Ijanikin.I could be wrong

The rail tracks have been laid from Agboju to Iganmu. Concrete pillars to extend the rail tracks across the canal linking Iganmu and Lagos Island are currently being installed.

My grouse with them is that the pace of work is just too bloody slow!! angry

Since rail tracks have been laid from Iganmu to Agboju, can't they commence train operations on that axis, pending when the other leg would be completed? It would reduce the horrible traffic on that axis.

I have spent 3-4 hours in traffic (one-way) on that road before. Believe me, it is no joke! shocked
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2015
Seems not so many people know what's going on regarding the whole Lagos light rail thing.Even those who reside in Lagos.na wah ooo.We asked whether its realistic or not,

Someone told us its good news grin cheesy
One even told us she wants to go get breakfast only to come back and ask us more questions cheesy
One was totally off-point
One was telling us about Oyo empire grin cheesy

Anyways, let me show you some beautiful houses in Jericho GRA Ibadan

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by modath(f): 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2015
Firefire:

Are you convinced with my submission or you need the pic of my father's tribal mark ? cheesy cheesy

Even if you lifted that oriki from some place, you yaff tirai.. Kare awe .. cheesy

Cc Anti IlekeHD

Ki firefire se ileri fun wa pe oro ile yoruba aa je paramount ninu ookan aya re.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Firefire:

Nah, I think you've just solidified by suspicion with this callous statement.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2015
laudate:

The rail tracks have been laid from Agboju to Iganmu. Concrete pillars to extend the rail tracks across the canal linking Iganmu and Lagos Island are currently being installed.

My grouse with them is that the pace of work is just too bloody slow!! angry

Since rail tracks have been laid from Iganmu to Agboju, can't they commence train operations on that axis, pending when the other leg would be completed? It would reduce the horrible traffic on that axis.

I have spent 3-4 hours in traffic (one-way) on that road before. Believe me, it is no joke! shocked

God bless you fro bringing this up issue.

The space of work and the shift in delivery dates by Fashola is one of the many reason I stay in the opposition.

People living in that part of Lagos are suffering... daily and per hour while passing through that region. embarassed angry

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
modath:

Even if you lifted that oriki from some place, you yaff tirai.. Kare awe .. cheesy

Cc Anti IlekeHD

Ki firefire se ileri fun wa pe oro ile yoruba aa je paramount ninu ookan aya re.. cheesy

How can I lift my own oriki... funny. cheesy

I represent everything that will move my race forward either home or away.

However, I will never support the inhuman policies of the fraudsters claiming leaders in Yorubaland starting from the traitor BAT.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2015
Here is some info on the on-going state of works on the rail project that Lagos State govt is executing along Lagos-Badagry expressway and other areas;

LAGOS RAIL MASS TRANSIT

Introduction:
The Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) network is a major component of the Strategic Transport Master Plan (STMP) which has been developed to guide as a compass for the development of public transport infrastructures in the State. The STMP is a 30 year plan put together under series of intensive researches, studies and analyses of future transportation demands and needs of Lagos State as Nigeria's commercial and economic hub and one of the world's fastest growing mega cities.

COMPONENT OF LURN
The Lagos Urban Rail Network (LURN) is a network of urban rail-based systems covering seven major corridors of high commuter traffic demand within and beyond the metropolitan Lagos extending to border areas with States like Ogun and Oyo.

The Urban Rail Network consists of seven (7) railway lines planned along priority and high commuter demand corridors within the Lagos metropolis and farther. The 7 lines link the major population and activity centres in the state, as well as taking advantage, where possible, of existing transport corridors.

The network is fully integrated with planned and existing water transport and BRT routes. These lines are:
Blue Line - Okokomaiko to Marina
Red Line - Agbado to Marina via Iddo and Muritala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA)

The Blue and Red Lines are priority routes, which are already at advanced stages for immediate development.

Other routes for development are:
Green Line -Marina to Lekki (Airport)
Yellow Line -Otta to Iddo
Purple Line Redeem to Ojo
Orange Line- Redeem to Marina
Brown Line- Mile 12 to Marina

The North-South corridor between Agbado and Iddo along the Nigerian Railway corridor; the Eastern corridor to serve the emerging development along the Lekki to Epe axis; and the western corridor along the Mile2 - Okokomaiko axis.
Others are: Marina to Lekki axis, Redeem to Ojo, Otta to Iddo, Redeem to Marina and Mile 12 to Marina route. The seven corridors will be connected by a central ring road between Victoria Island and Lagos Island.

Blue Line Rail Project: The Blue Line is a 27 km rail road with thirteen stations from Okokomaiko to Marina. The Blue Line is undergoing construction right in the middle of Lagos-Badagry Expressway which government is currently expanding and redeveloping into a ten-lane international gateway. Apart from rail, the infrastructure design also includes provision for BRT and multimode integration with Non-Motorized Transport [NMT] such as pedestrian walkways and overhead bridges for safe access by passengers to rail and bus stations.

Work commenced in August 2009 for construction of the Blue Line rail infrastructure, awarded to China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) as a design and build contract. CCECC prepared the detailed plan, design and construction works for the rail infrastructure. These works includes stations, roadbed, bridges, permanent way (P-way) tracks works, pedestrian ways and other associated fixed infrastructure.

All survey work, a proportion of the detailed design work and mobilisation of contractor was completed between August 2009 and August 2010. The fixed infrastructure is to be implemented in phases and actual construction work commenced with a ground breaking ceremony attended by His Excellency, Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola on 26th July 2010. Construction works are ongoing for the first phase section between National Theatre and Mile 2. The infrastructure for the first phase is expected to be completed within the first quarter of 2014 while operation would commence after the conclusion of negotiation with the concessionaire, which isexpected to provide the rolling stock, operate and manage the rail line

Proposed Trains: The types of trains proposed for the Blue Line Rail Project are Electric Multiple Units (EMUs). EMUs are emissions free and therefore do not pose problems of environmental pollution usually associated with conventional diesel locomotives. EMUs are proven to be more efficient and easier to maintain than diesel locomotives.

Initially, the Blue Line will carry 400,000 passengers daily with capacity increased to 700,000 passengers daily when the rail route becomes fully operational. To incorporate the use of EMUs, a depot including power generating plant has been proposed for construction at the final western most station, Okokomaiko. The depot will serve as train maintenance and repair yard, sidings, final train destination, office complex and power station.

The selected concessionaire will be responsible for providing rolling stock, operations and maintenance for a 25 year period. These include station operations, staffing, maintenance, ticketing, cleaning, information, services kiosk, centres and all other services needed to provide excellent train services for passengers.

Once the Blue Line becomes operational, rail public transport will be incorporated into the integrated ticketing and fare systems making travel between different modes a seamless operation. This seamless approach will also be applied to provision of information about other transport modes and time tables between different modes [BRT, LRT, Ferry, etc] at rail stations to enable precision journey planning.
http://www.lamata-ng.com/rail_services.php

Please note: Nothing has been done concerning the Red line, Green line and the other proposed rail lines (i.e. Purple line, Orange line etc). Only the Blue line from Lagos Island to Okokomaiko, shows some signs of construction activity. The completion date has already been shifted 4 times - thrice by the previous administration, and once by the Ambode-led govt.

May God save us all! sad

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
shizzy7:
It is not realistic. I'll give reasons later
pls mention me when you do
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by nduchucks: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
IlekeHD:
nduchucks, that fulani clown, speaks Yoruba too.

Olopa ewon'tekpe? dolo

So Firefire is an impostor? shocked
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Seems not so many people know what's going on regarding the whole Lagos light rail thing.Even those who reside in Lagos.na wah ooo.We asked whether its realistic or not,

One even told us she wants to go get breakfast only to come back and ask us more questions cheesy

Anyways, let me show you some beautiful houses in Jericho GRA Ibadan

I have a lot of interest in that region where the light rail project was. (Iganmu - Badagry)

You can imagine what would be the market value of properties in that region assuming Lagos State Government under Babatunde Fashola delivered to promise, instead the delivery dates was shifted severally and the space of work in worrisome, up till now, still half way, they are yet to even get to Military barracks in Ojo and houses has been demolished up to Okokomaiko.

This is painful, and the road users are suffering daily on the route.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2015
The light rail project according to Fashola didn't get federal backing for the second phase of world bank loan. I will try to get the article and post it here

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 5:59pm On Nov 06, 2015
laudate:
Here is some info on the on-going state of works on the rail project that Lagos State govt is executing along Lagos-Badagry expressway and other areas;

Please note: Nothing has been done concerning the Red line, Green line and the other proposed rail lines (i.e. Purple line, Orange line etc). Only the Blue line from Lagos Island to Okokomaiko, shows some signs of construction activity. The completion date has already been shifted 4 times - thrice by the previous administration, and once by the Ambode-led govt.

May God save us all! sad

Sorry, you mean Ambode also have shifted his own delivery date ? shocked shocked

Please what is the proposed new delivery date ?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2015
laudate:

Please note: Nothing has been done concerning the Red line, Green line and the other proposed rail line. Only the Blue line from Lagos Island to Okokomaiko, shows some signs of construction activity. the completion date has already been shifted 3 times - twice by the previous administration, and once by the Ambode-led govt.

May God save us all! sad

The blue line is from Okoko-Marina.I want to know if the 8 lane road from mile 2-badagry is part of the rail project or an entirely different project because this is what I found on their website and i didn't see anything like badagry

Red Line - Agbado to Marina via Iddo and Muritala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA)
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
[b][color=#770077]Seems not so many people know what's going on regarding the whole Lagos light rail thing.Even those who reside in Lagos.na wah ooo.We asked whether its realistic or not,

Your own case na melomelo. Mo kan n wo e ni angry
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 6:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
nduchucks:

Olopa ewon'tekpe? dolo

So Firefire is an impostor? shocked

If you too na Yoruba, you better post your oriki, I believe Yoruba Race will soon be making cash payout for originals and not fake.... grin grin

If we are ready to listen to each other, I am ready to open up reasons why I don't support the fraudulent politicians in SW claiming leaders.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by zimoni(f): 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2015
Firefire:

God bless you fro bringing this up issue.

The space of work and the shift in delivery dates by Fashola is one of the many reason I stay in the opposition.

People living in that part of Lagos are suffering... daily and per hour while passing through that region. embarassed angry

That project should have been completed by now.

Politrickcians can't be trusted, they are very good at shifting goalpost.

It shall be well, I believe.

HELP IS ON THE WAY.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

The blue line is from Okoko-Marina.I want to know if the 8 lane road from mile 2-badagry is part of the rail project or an entirely different project because this is what I found on their website and i didn't see anything like badagry

I don't know why is was omitted in that list, Marina to Badagry was in the original design and plan.

I can check the news achieve.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
modath:

Cc Anti IlekeHD

Trust me, you're way older than me. No dey call me aunti, this woman. Emi lo ye ki n ma kunle fun yin smiley
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
IlekeHD:

Your own case na melomelo. Mo kan n wo e ni angry

Oya pele ma binu cheesy cheesy grin

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2015
The light rail is a mass transit system being developed by
the state. It is still under construction after gulping billions
of naira.
Speaking during his traditional 100 days account rendering
exercise at the LTV ground in Ikeja, the governor urged
Lagosians to vote for the APC governorship candidate in the
state, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, saying he has all it takes to
continue all the projects he might not be able to complete.
Blaming lack of federal government support for the
uncompleted rail project, Fashola said all over the world,
when cities and states build municipal rails like what Lagos
is doing, their central governments support them morally
and financially.
He said the federal government has failed to support Lagos
and Rivers States which embarked on light rail projects
because they are states administered by the opposition
party.
“If Lagosians vote for General Muhammadu Buhari next
month, the new federal government will assist Ambode in
this regard,” he said. Fashola said no government can
complete all projects.

dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/45536-we-can-t-complete-lagos-light-rail-project-fashola
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
zimoni:

That project should have been completed by now.

Politrickcians can't be trusted, they are very good at shifting goalpost.

It shall be well, I believe.

HELP IS ON THE WAY.

Omo Iya,

If someone promised you nothing but to boost your trade, wont you be happy?

And if the person now failed in his promise, and keep shifting the goal post unnecessarily, how would you feel ?

One of the many reason I hate ACN turned APC. (too much lies) angry

We are getting closer to the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:

Oya pele ma binu cheesy cheesy grin

Am I the tall elegant bird? cool

TBH, I don't know much about the Lagos rail....I can only speculate and ask questions.

I am worried about the amount of loans Lagos has accumulated and what this means for the SW when we break away from mischief makers.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by laudate: 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
IyaIode:
The light rail project according to Fashola didn't get federal backing for the second phase of world bank loan. I will try to get the article and post it here

Fashola inspected the trains to be used for the light rail project in Canada since 2011. They were used trains that had been scrapped by Toronto Rail in Canada. Till now, nobody can confirm if those trains have arrived in-country.

The Lagos State government might have settled for the purchase of 15-year-old subway cars from the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) to use on the city’s light rail mass transportation project now under construction.

Subway cars — equivalent of trains — are series of connected railroad cars used for intra city (urban) transportation, usually underground and operated by electricity.

Last week, key officials of the Lagos State government led by the governor, Babatunde Fashola, visited, Toronto, Canada to inspect facilities and numbers of used subway cars currently being operated by the city’s local transportation commission

The visit to Toronto, Canada’s most populous city, allows the governor to experience first hand, the operation of the city’s underground railway lines, which was first commissioned in 1954.

In December 2010, The City of Toronto unveiled its new fleet of subway cars that will replace the existing ones — being considered by Lagos.

An expert on the Lagos Light Rail project told nigeriansabroadlive.com that due to the high cost of buying new trains/subway cars, the state government has no choice but to settled for used ones.

So far, the Lagos light rail project has been marred by cost variation — between $1.12 to $30billion. This has prompted a governance monitoring group, Citizen Affairs, to called on the state government to publish details of projected overall cost of the ongoing project and regularly update stockholders on its development

According to information provided by the CPC, legal advisor to the Lagos State Government, on the project “The infrastructure will consist of 27km of double track, 13 passengers stations, and a 1250-metre 4-track bridge spanning the Osa lagoon and connection Lagos Island to the mainland. The Blue line will be the first of 7 light rail transit that will eventually comprise the Lagos urban rail network.”

Meanwhile Lagos governor, Fashola has reiterated his admission commitment to continue improving upon social and business infrastructure of the state in order to increase its rating as a strategic business friendly city.http://nigeriansabroadlive.com/lagos-settles-for-refurbished-subway-cars-for-its-light-rail-project/

People have raised issues concerning 'metal fatigue' on the part of those trains, as they are already more than 6 years old.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2015
IyaIode:
The light rail is a mass transit system being developed by
the state. It is still under construction after gulping billions
of naira.
Speaking during his traditional 100 days account rendering
exercise at the LTV ground in Ikeja, the governor urged
Lagosians to vote for the APC governorship candidate in the
state, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, saying he has all it takes to
continue all the projects he might not be able to complete.
Blaming lack of federal government support for the
uncompleted rail project, Fashola said all over the world,
when cities and states build municipal rails like what Lagos
is doing, their central governments support them morally
and financially.
He said the federal government has failed to support Lagos
and Rivers States which embarked on light rail projects
because they are states administered by the opposition
party.
“If Lagosians vote for General Muhammadu Buhari next
month, the new federal government will assist Ambode in
this regard,” he said. Fashola said no government can
complete all projects.

dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/45536-we-can-t-complete-lagos-light-rail-project-fashola

IyaIode,

All this Fashola comment are political gibberish,

The rail project is World Bank Assisted project, thou requires FG support.

If we take our time to critically examine Fashola's many comments you will see contradiction.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2015
Firefire:

I don't know why is was omitted in that list, Marina to Badagry was in the original design and plan.

I don't think the rail was ever meant to get to badagry.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2015
Firefire:

I'm as confused as you.That's the lane I'm most familiar with and I know they've made some progress but as at last year November, it wasn't looking close to being completed but there's mile-2 picture on their website though

National theatre station

Iganmu station

Alaba and Mile 2 station

Bridge section.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by nduchucks: 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Firefire:

If you too na Yoruba, you better post your oriki, I believe Yoruba Race will soon be making cash payout for originals and not fake.... grin grin

If we are ready to listen to each other, I am ready to open up reasons why I don't support the fraudulent politicians in SW claiming leaders.

hmmmm, were you deemed an impostor because you called out their "fraudulent" leaders? Now that is not right! There should be room for a diversity of ideas.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Firefire(m): 6:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
IlekeHD:

Am I the tall elegant bird? cool

TBH, I don't know much about the Lagos rail....I can only speculate and ask questions.

I am worried about the amount of loans Lagos has accumulated and what this means for the SW when we break away from mischief makers.

IlekeHD,

I do have attachment to PDP having financed grassroots politicians in my constituency.

But I see the truth, but our people are not honest with the truth.

Lagos State is highly geared, the debt is too high compared to the claimed projects.

Ema jeki a lo ila kuro le ko, eko o kola.

The debt and the corresponding projects does not match.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.