Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,895 members, 7,909,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 12:04 AM

Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics - Politics (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics (685142 Views)

OPC - Faseun & Adams Unite For Security Of Yoruba Commonwealth / SEUN - Re: Yoruba-commonwealth-politics / Goodluck Jonathan Returns From Commonwealth Assignment (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 11:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:
gbegiri ati ewedu cheesy
as for me gbegiri issokay no time for complications. grin

Pelu eja tutu oloomoyo grin grin
Cheii

My mouth is salivating right about now sef

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 11:30pm On Oct 28, 2015
totit:
Baga iropo grin.., first picture

Below ogun state real estate

You know the reason why Abeokuta is not really that developed? Most projects (govt & privates) are just scattered in other areas apart from capital, which is alien to Nigeria system. Akure & Ibadan is more developed than Abeokuta.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 11:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
totit:

Pelu eja tutu oloomoyo grin grin Cheii
My mouth is salivating right about now sef

Eyah. Epele grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by razid: 11:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ogbeni @totit e jowo se Abeokuta ni e n gbe ni? Mo fe mo boya awon ijoba ti n fi awon soobu to wa ni Sapon yen renti ni. Ki n ma paro, inu mi dun nigba ti mo lo si Abeokuta laipe yi lehin ojo to ti pe. Bakannaa mo ni anfaani lati lo si Ijebu Ode, mo de ri wipe afara meji ni gomina Amosun ti se si ilu naa. Eyi ti o jemi logun pupo ni oju ona ti o wa lati Lafenwa losi ona Elega titi to fi de Adatan. Ona yen ko da rara. Mo lero pe o ye ki gomina wa fun ona naa ni "priority" nitori wipe ko boju mu rara. Abi ki le ri so si?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 11:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ilorin too isn't doing bad.
In terms of infrastructures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
Ogun state

1 urban regeneration first pix
2 3 bed room apartment berger arepo ogun state

3 completion of sango akute road

Tomorrow Is another day..

Oodaroo cheesy

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
The pictures of Abeokuta looks decent still. However, they need to give that state an identity, so as not to turn it into the snarled up massive ghetto that Lagos is. Lagos is terrible and that is the honest truth.

I have never even seen pictures of other places in Ogun apart from Abeokuta. What are the other places like?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 11:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
razid:
Ogbeni @totit e jowo se Abeokuta ni e n gbe ni? Mo fe mo boya awon ijoba ti n fi awon soobu to wa ni Sapon yen renti ni. Ki n ma paro, inu mi dun nigba ti mo lo si Abeokuta laipe yi lehin ojo to ti pe. Bakannaa mo ni anfaani lati lo si Ijebu Ode, mo de ri wipe afara meji ni gomina Amosun ti se si ilu naa. Eyi ti o jemi logun pupo ni oju ona ti o wa lati Lafenwa losi ona Elega titi to fi de Adatan. Ona yen ko da rara. Mo lero pe o ye ki gomina wa fun ona naa ni "priority" nitori wipe ko boju mu rara. Abi ki le ri so si?

Rara o sugbon omo egba ni mi ..baawa oo ..nigba ti iya mi je omo eko ile

Eko loobi mi sii sugbon mo ma'n lo si egba lekokan grin

Baawa o
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by razid: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:

You know the reason why Abeokuta is not really that developed? Most projects (govt & privates) are just scattered in other areas apart from capital, which is alien to Nigeria system. Akure & Ibadan is more developed than Abeokuta.
You are very correct and that is because Abeokuta is more of residential than commercial. In those days, I know a lot of folks actually worked in Lagos and were living in Abeokuta. I also think that because of the proximity of Lagos and Ibadan to the town, also has an effect. If you look at it, most of Abeokuta indigenes prefer to build their houses in place like Lagos and Ibadan. If you go to a particular street in Egbeda, you'll want to believe that you are in Abeokuta because all the landlords in that street are from Abeokuta. It is now that most of them are considering building their structures in that place. If you follow Kobape road, you'll definitely find new developments going on there, particularly a place called Laderin.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oduastates: 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2015
Abosede George

Associate Professor of History and Africana Studies

Abosede George joined the faculty of Barnard College and Columbia University in 2007. She received her PhD in History in 2006 from Stanford University. Her research and teaching interests have been focused on urban history of Africa, the history of childhood and youth in Africa, and the study of women, gender, and sexuality in African History. Her articles have appeared in the Journal of Social History, Women’s Studies Quarterly, and the Scholar and Feminist Online. Her new book, Making Modern Girls: A History of Girlhood, Labor, and Social Development was published in 2014 by Ohio University Press in their New African Histories series.

Increasingly her research interests have turned to the 19th century in Lagos, to issues of gender, ethnicity, migration, and the records of reverse diaspora communities from the Americas, the Caribbean, and other regions of West Africa. She is currently at work on The Ekopolitan Project, a digital archive of family history sources on migrant communities in nineteenth- and twentieth century Lagos, West Africa.

She maintains faculty affiliations with the Africana Studies Program at Barnard, the Institute for African Studies at Columbia (IAS), the Barnard Center for Research on Women (BCRW), and the Center for the Critical Analysis of Social Difference (CCASD). She received her B.A. from Rutgers University (1999) and her Ph.D. from Stanford (2006).
Others:

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 11:41pm On Oct 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:

But few people that I know that visit ogun od recent couldn't even recognise thelace nor their village anymore..

I disagree but you may be right tho
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by razid: 11:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
totit:

Rara o sugbon omo egba ni mi ..baawa oo ..nigba ti iya mi je omo eko ile
Eko loobi mi sii sugbon mo ma'n lo si egba lekokan grin
Baawa o
Gbere ke (well done). A da dede wa o. Dede wa re maa ko ere oko de ile o. A koni pare si ajo o.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 11:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:

Eyah. Epele grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 11:43pm On Oct 28, 2015
razid:

Gbere ke (well done). A da dede wa o. Dede wa re maa ko ere oko de ile o. A koni pare si ajo o.

Baawa o
Asè waaa cheesy
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 11:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Talking about religion tolerance.
Beside that mosque lies a church in Ibadan. wink

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 11:47pm On Oct 28, 2015
totit:

But few people that I know that visit ogun od recent couldn't even recognise thelace nor their village anymore..

I disagree but you may be right tho

You disagree that?......
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:

You disagree that?......

Alot is going on in ogun in terms of infrastructual development ,well, yeah I do agree partially ....
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 11:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
Shymm3x:
The pictures of Abeokuta looks decent still. However, they need to give that state an identity, so as not to turn it into the snarled up massive ghetto that Lagos is. Lagos is terrible and that is the honest truth.

I have never even seen pictures of other places in Ogun apart from Abeokuta. What are the other places like?

other places in Ogun too are very cool, some cooler than Abeokuta in terms of housing.
But truth be told Ogun is in its construction stage. I don't think Ogun can follow the ghetto path of Lagos coz it's very big.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 11:54pm On Oct 28, 2015
totit:

Alot is going on in ogun in terms of infrastructual development ,well, yeah I do agree partially ....

OK oooo
I don't stay in Ogun anyway, that's what I do see anytime I travel down there. do you know mowe?
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by jaymichael(m): 11:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:
There's a place in Ogun state, that if I should "snap" lekki will envy it, should I mention the place? wink
Mention and snap it.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oduastates: 11:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
Prof Imran Oluwole Smith
SAOS university of London.

Prof Imran Oluwole Smith was the Dean, Faculty of Law, University of Lagos (UNILAG). He is the first Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) to get the job. An alumnus of the Hague Academy of International Law, Netherlands, he is a legal consultant and member, Council of Legal Education. He is a Professorial Research Associate, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London, UK, and has been an Expert Witness on Nigerian Law before the High Court of Justice in England on several occasions. He is the author of many books cited by lawyers and the courts. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK, and the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), Smith, in this interview with JOSEPH JIBUEZE, speaks on how to improve the quality of the Bar and the Bench, curb corruption in the judiciary and the country, tackle insecurity, and how the structure of the National Judicial Council’s (NJC) violates federal principles.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by totit: 11:59pm On Oct 28, 2015
WIZGUY69:

OK oooo
I don't stay in Ogun anyway, that's what I do see anytime I travel down there. do you know mowe?

Mowe ibafo

Yeah but not that much

Goodnight...all
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oduastates: 12:07am On Oct 29, 2015
Prof. Stephen Ogunlana

School of the Built Environment

Heriot watt university, Edinburgh

Research
Project management in a global context including: risk management, contract management, procurement strategy, time and cost management, performance management, etc.
Organisational learning through simulation of construction processes (project based simulation and construction business simulation using system dynamics)
Public private partnerships for infrastructure delivery
Social and environmental impacts management (conflict management, stakeholder communication, environmentally sound construction, sustainability, etc.)
People in organisations (Motivation, Productivity, Leadership, Human Resources Development, etc)
Construction industry development

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oduastates: 12:13am On Oct 29, 2015
Professor Paul Olomolaiye
University of West of England, Bristol

Position: Pro Vice Chancellor & Executive Dean

Department: Faculty of Environment and Technology
Professor of Construction Engineering and Management and currently Pro Vice-Chancellor and Executive Dean of the Faculty of Environment and Technology here at UWE-Bristol. holds a PhD from Loughborough University in Civil Engineering and widely published with over 200 journal and conference publications and authorship of 2 major books on Construction Productivity and Stakeholder Management. passionate about the experiences of staff and students of my 6000 strong faculty which spans Architecture, Engineering, Computer Science and the Environment. I'll describe my faculty as a large 'academic space' for world-class education and research based on cross-subject collaborations and full engagement with the industries that we serve. I am happily married with 3 grown-up children and active in the community in various charitable activities and organisations.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oduastates: 12:22am On Oct 29, 2015
PROF. AKINTOLA AKINTOYE
DIRECTOR OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION
College of Science and Technology
University of Central Lancashire

Professor Akintoye is research active within the area of built environment and sustainability and is a member of the Centre for Sustainable Development.

FULL PROFILE
QUALIFICATIONS

Doctor of Philosophy, Construction Economics and Management, 1991

Master of Science Degree, Construction Management, 1986

Bachelor of Science(Hons) Degree in Quantity Surveying, Second Class-Upper, 1982

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 29, 2015
Nice one oduastates but lets try cutting down the biographies a little bit and talk more of developments and pictures of what's going on.We can always post the biographies occasionally though.So ye yin wink
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:29am On Oct 29, 2015
Oduastates

Nice.

You can add these two to ya list cos every time I post the profiles, the spambot keeps throwing me in jail mysteriously, even when I posted just their names:

https://www.essex.ac.uk/law/staff/profile.aspx?ID=729

http://www.wlv.ac.uk/about-us/our-schools-and-institutes/faculty-of-science-and-engineering/all-faculty-staff/school-of-architecture-and-the-built-environment-staff/david-oloke/

The UK list is quite impressive cos there are less than hundred black tutors at UK Universities, and shockingly I saw over 30 Yorubas. That means about 30-40% of all black university tutors are Yorubas. Highly impressed.

And if you can check the top 50 Universities in America - you should be able to dig up about 20-25 names. I had them before, but lost everything at work.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by IlekeHD: 12:31am On Oct 29, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
Hahaha back to English

All of you who ran away,clap for yourselves grin grin cheesy Ilekehd especially

Ha!! I was in class, then a meeting. I just got home, about to order food.

LOL You guys are funny. grin I'll go over your discussion.
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Shymm3x: 12:32am On Oct 29, 2015
These are the other names I've got. Folks can check their profiles.

A combination of different fields, including entrepreneurs/business-people and young millionaires (in dollars).

Dupsy Abiola
Mo Abudu
Chief Temitope Ajayi
Bolanle Austen-Peters
Bankole Cardoso
Folake Coker
Jimmy Adegoke
Deborah Ajakaiye

Segun Akinwoleola
http://twentytenclub.com/2014/03/10/interview-an-entrepreneur-5/

Meet Yemisi Mokuolu
http://twentytenclub.com/2011/08/22/meet-yemisi-mokuolu/

sholayide-otugalu
http://twentytenclub.com/2015/09/22/meet-josephine-cosmetics-founder-sholayide-otugalu/

Olufemi Majekodunmi
Sarah Ladipo Manyika

Ruth Yakubu
http://twentytenclub.com/2015/07/21/meet-posh-beauty-ceo-ruth-yakubu/

Ola Laniyan Amoako
http://twentytenclub.com/2011/09/05/meet-ola-laniyan-amoako/

Minna Salami
http://twentytenclub.com/2010/09/14/meet-minna-salami/

Atiti Sosimi
http://twentytenclub.com/2011/01/20/meet-atiti-sosimi/

Lola Adeshigbin
http://twentytenclub.com/2011/08/29/meet-lola-adeshigbin/

Misan Odutola
http://twentytenclub.com/2011/04/18/meet-misan-odutola/

Meet Joy Odunsi
http://twentytenclub.com/2011/02/17/meet-joy-odunsi/

Rayo Balogun
http://twentytenclub.com/2010/10/01/meet-rayo-balogun/

Ronke Lawal
http://twentytenclub.com/2010/09/27/meet-ronke-lawal/

Fikayo Giwa
http://twentytenclub.com/2013/10/07/meet-fikayo-giwa/

Seyi Olusanya
http://twentytenclub.com/2011/11/21/meet-seyi-olusanya/

Abi Laditan
http://twentytenclub.com/2011/10/10/meet-abi-laditan/

Abiola Olaniran
Iyinoluwa Aboyeji
Ladi Delano
Gbenga Oyebode
Kola Aluko
Jide Omokore
Aderemi Makanjuola
Dele Fajemirokun
Michael Ade-Ojo
Michael Awujoola
Akin Euba
Omowale Akintunde
Tope Folarin
Kevin Olusola
Wale Omotoso
Adesola Osakalumi
Dr taiwo Amoo
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oduastates: 12:34am On Oct 29, 2015
Professor Babs Oyeneyin
Professor of petroleum engineering.
Robert Gordon university, Aberdeen.

Teaching, Research, Consultancy, Technology Facilitation
Academic Background
BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical Engineering (1975) from University of Benin,
MSc (1978) and PhD (1983) in Petroleum Engineering from Heriot-Watt University
Research Interests / Professional Background
Professor Oyeneyin's major interests, expertise and current research projects are in multiphase fluid flow dynamics, integrated sand management, produced water management, oil/gas well engineering [Drilling & Completion Technology], unconventional reservoir management [heavy oil & condensate reservoirs], flow assurance and production optimisation in deepwater environment, the areas of which he has had over 100 technical publications to his credit.

Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by Nobody: 12:35am On Oct 29, 2015
Shymm3x you can keep feeding us with those biographies though.It just won't be as frequent as it use to
Re: Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics by oduastates: 12:42am On Oct 29, 2015
Shymm3x:
Oduastates

Nice.

You can add these two to ya list cos every time I post the profiles, the spambot keeps throwing me in jail mysteriously, even when I posted just their names:

https://www.essex.ac.uk/law/staff/profile.aspx?ID=729

http://www.wlv.ac.uk/about-us/our-schools-and-institutes/faculty-of-science-and-engineering/all-faculty-staff/school-of-architecture-and-the-built-environment-staff/david-oloke/

The UK list is quite impressive cos there are less than hundred black tutors at UK Universities, and shockingly I saw over 30 Yorubas. That means about 30-40% of all black university tutors are Yorubas. Highly impressed.

And if you can check the top 50 Universities in America - you should be able to dig up about 20-25 names. I had them before, but lost everything at work.

I checked them out. There are thousands like them. They have not reached the pinnacle just yet despite being part of the elite. I am doing mostly professors with bias for STEM

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (384) (Reply)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.