Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,463 members, 7,971,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 02:00 PM

My Passion Is Self Employment. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Passion Is Self Employment. (620 Views)

Kayode Olagunju: "Wole Soyinka Inspired My Passion For Road Safety" / Self Employment Or O & G Job / Excuse Me, Mr. Self-employment Advocate! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Passion Is Self Employment. by Dariyan(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2015
Right before I got admitted into the university, I've always been a fanatic of self employment. I value so much the art of doing something for oneself to make a living. Not only does business open doors of income, a business owner could even become an employer of labour.
My position and fanatism self employment was partly informed by the way my dad was treated by the govt as a civil servant. Salaries were not payed on time. His promotion was halted abrubtly for strange reasons. In the end, he lost his job. Since then life had not been easy. We have been through hell. We lived from hand to mouth because there was no money to buy food. At a point we (me, my brother and sister) had to drop out of school because there was no money for school fees. We drank pap everyday as breakfast, lunch and dinner. It was not easy at all for my family. To make matter worse govt agents tried to kick us out of our house because my dad was no longer working.
Because of these travails and many more, I vowed within myself never seek employment as long as I live. I made a solem decision to be self employed and be my own boss never dependent on govt.
Now that am a graduate, the time has come for me to take charge of my life. I have business ideas that I have developed over the years while I was still in school. But the business venture I intend to do is quite capital intensive. Knowing how difficult it is to raise capital to start the business, I decided I must start out with something small. Since I was knowledgable in computer and phone software issues, I decided to go into typing of school projects and repairing phone software issues for students in collage. That's where the idea of operating ''Mobile Business Centre'' came in. The only problem is that I dont have a laptop. I learn how to use computer school. Infact I thought myself how to use computer. I learn my computer skills through the use of desktop computers. But now I need computer laptop that will enable me move from one place to another in search of projects to type.
Please nairalanders, I need your help. If any of you have a laptop that you dont need or a broken spoiled one you dont use, I will be very grateful if you could help me with it. I dont care if the laptop is spoiled or broken; I will repaire it. All I need is something that will help me become self employed.
Below is my email just incase.
dariyan734@gmail.com
I live in Jos, Plateau state.
God bless you as the Lord lead you to touch the life of a fellow nairalander.

Cc: Seun, Ishilove, lalasticlala.
Re: My Passion Is Self Employment. by ShutdownBrown24(m): 8:49am On Oct 23, 2015
Bro! Didn't you have savings bfore you graduate? That means you just develop your passion after you graduated from school. That mean you didn't plan well.

All I can say is find a menial job and engage your self & begin savings for the project that you want to invest.

That's all
Re: My Passion Is Self Employment. by Dariyan(m): 10:34am On Oct 23, 2015
ShutdownBrown24:
Bro! Didn't you have savings bfore you graduate? That means you just develop your passion after you graduated from school. That mean you didn't plan well.

All I can say is find a menial job and engage your self & begin savings for the project that you want to invest.

That's all
I struggled to pay school fees when I was in school, so I was unable to safe much. Infact as I write to you now i am yet to collect my certificate because I could'nt raise the money to clearout my outstanding fees. But Thanks alot for your advice and may God bless you.
Re: My Passion Is Self Employment. by Dariyan(m): 6:58am On Nov 12, 2015
Help anyone...

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Money Hack - Learn How! / British Council's Billboard Competition For Artists "Your Ad Here!" / My Boss Is Asking Whether I’m Not Interested In My Job / 3 Work Mistakes You Don

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.