Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,846 members, 7,889,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 09:44 PM

Watch Out African Leaders. The Whole World Is Watching. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Watch Out African Leaders. The Whole World Is Watching. (683 Views)

Our Leaders The Traitors / Hillary Clinton Warns African Leaders About Co-operating With China. / FULL Video Samuel Doe Assassination African Leaders This Is A Reminder... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watch Out African Leaders. The Whole World Is Watching. by ElRazur: 11:58am On May 04, 2009

War crimes judges have rejected a request to acquit Liberia's former President Charles Taylor on charges of crimes against humanity.

Mr Taylor's defence team argued that there was not enough evidence for the trial to proceed

The decision by the Special Court for Sierra Leone at The Hague means that Mr Taylor, who has pleaded not guilty, must now present his defence.

Tens of thousands of people died in Sierra Leone's decade-long civil war.

"The prosecution has produced evidence capable of supporting a conviction of the accused, " the presiding judge told the court as he dismissed the defence's request.

I really do not know how one can argue his case. I suppose this is a wake-up call to all those leaders who think they are untouchable and can do what they want without fear of prosecution when they are in power.

More here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8032365.stm
Re: Watch Out African Leaders. The Whole World Is Watching. by SeanT21(f): 6:44pm On May 04, 2009
"Mr Taylor's defence team" cry

How can this bastard even have a defense team after killing innocent people like my uncle.He needs to get plenty of jail time like his son. SCRATCH THAT,FRY HIM INSTEAD!!
Re: Watch Out African Leaders. The Whole World Is Watching. by ElRazur: 6:49pm On May 04, 2009
SeanT21:

"Mr Taylor's defence team" cry

How can this bastard even have a defense team after killing innocent people like my uncle.He needs to get plenty of jail time like his son. SCRATCH THAT,FRY HIM INSTEAD!!

The basis of a fair trail, is for the accused to have a fair representation. The case is very complex, if he is to defend himself, he is so gonna lose. Killing him will not bring back your uncle am afraid. However, if he lived long enough in prison, then he would at some point see his wrong doing. Well that is the argument for sending someone to prison.
Re: Watch Out African Leaders. The Whole World Is Watching. by SeanT21(f): 7:53pm On May 04, 2009
ElRazur:

The basis of a fair trail, is for the accused to have a fair representation. The case is very complex, if he is to defend himself, he is so gonna lose. Killing him will not bring back your uncle am afraid. However, if he lived long enough in prison, then he would at some point see his wrong doing. Well that is the argument for sending someone to prison.

Ok,I agree that he should spent enternity in a cell.

(1) (Reply)

Let Swap Presidents / Pope’s Astronomer Says He Would Baptise An Alien If It Asked Him / Iran: Court Overturns Death Sentence For Christian Pastor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.