Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,511 members, 7,978,705 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 12:44 PM

Diego Costa : I'm Not Going To Change Because Of Other People's Opinions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Diego Costa : I'm Not Going To Change Because Of Other People's Opinions (660 Views)

World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona / List Of Players Surprisingly Not Going To The World Cup / Kanu Nwankwo: I'm Not Interested In Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diego Costa : I'm Not Going To Change Because Of Other People's Opinions by And9: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
Chelsea striker Diego Costa admits that he isn't an 'angel' and he won't change his playing style.

Portrayed as a pantomime villain in
some quarters, Chelsea striker Diego
Costa has said he will not be changing
his aggressive style of play to win new
friends.

The Brazil-born Spain international has
gained a reputation for provoking
confrontations since his arrival at
Chelsea where his 20 goals helped them win the Premier League last year.
He served a three-match ban after
being found guilty of violent conduct
during last month's 2-0 win over
Arsenal, a punishment that Chelsea
boss Jose Mourinho said was evidence
of a "witch hunt" against his player.

Costa, who has struggled for goals so
far this season, said his priority is
helping his side, not being the good
guy.

"Some people seem to think football is
like theatre, and that everyone has to
play the good guy," he told the BBC in
an interview that will be aired on
Saturday. "

But I think that you transform when you cross the white line, you're not the same person as off it. I give no quarter and I ask for none. Out there I'm going to fight for my team and do the best I can.

I got where I am because of the way I play. I'm not going to change because of other people's opinions. On the pitch you do everything to win the game, when the match is over I go home to my friends and family, I joke around, I'm a normal guy, but on the pitch don't put wings on me because I'm no angel."

Costa said he has had to learn to look
after himself in the Premier League,
where he believes referees give less
protection to attacking players.

"I receive fouls that would result in
yellow or red cards in Spain, but here
it's seen as part of the game," he
said. "The countries have different
footballing theories. But I'm not going
to start complaining. It's my job to
adapt to the culture and the way the
game is played here, not to complain. I
think that my efforts are there for all to
see."

Chelsea have made a poor start to the
season and are in 12th place, 10 points behind leaders Manchester City, going into this weekend's London derby at high-flying West Ham United.

However, Costa says rumours of discontent in the
Chelsea dressing room are way off the
mark.

"Things aren't going so well for the
team right now, but it's not because of
the changing room," said Costa. "The
atmosphere is great. During the year
I've spent here, there hasn't been one
argument. There are normally
disagreements in all changing rooms,
but it hasn't happened here."

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report-epl-2015-diego-costa-insists-he-will-not-change-his-aggressive-style-of-play-2137839

Re: Diego Costa : I'm Not Going To Change Because Of Other People's Opinions by seankay(m): 12:09am On Oct 24, 2015
I know it doesn't correlate with the topic

(1) (Reply)

We Dont Want Chelsea To Be Champions, League Chief Admits. / Betting Tips!! / Alaafin Of Oyo In Serious Boxing Match! (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.