Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,626 members, 7,930,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:20 AM

President Umaru Yar’adua And His Friends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Umaru Yar’adua And His Friends (663 Views)

Kayode Fayemi And His Friends In Their Youthful Days / Photo Of Governor Adams Oshiomhole And His Friends Jogging On The Road / See What Really Killed Sani Abacha & President Umaru Yar'adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Umaru Yar’adua And His Friends by Edoji: 4:51pm On May 04, 2009
In the Guardian interview Yar’Adua declared:  “You see, these former governors are my colleagues. We had worked together for eight years. Because I am the President, I cannot just jettison people I know, if that is what people want to use to judge whether this government is fighting corruption or not (i.e. his relationship with corrupt former governors and his treatment of Ribadu and El Rufai), then that it is unfortunate” (i.e. he doesn’t care!).

Just like McCain later realised, someone should tell Yar’adua that the appearance of his association with the corrupt former governors was wrong. It's a wrong appearance when a group of former governors, who have been indicted for corruption but was known to have contributed funds towards Yar’Adua’s electioneering campaign to appear in a meeting with the current president, because it, conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the wrong thing to do.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=721:president-umaru-yaradua-and-his-friends&catid=25:politics&Itemid=37

(1) (Reply)

Onoh,anambra Ex-governor Dies At 82 / S.a. Presidential Inaugration: A Lesson For Nigeria / Anambra at War Before The Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.