Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,628 members, 7,941,410 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria (39454 Views)

Telcos Lose 4 Million Subscribers In One Month / MTN Loses 714,000 Internet Subscribers / Airtel Gains, MTN Loses As NCC Releases Update On Internet Usage In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Osolo1(m): 8:51am On Oct 25, 2015
They have started tv adverts saying we miss you and someone claims the news is fake,not to worry even Nitel will resurrect and get better patronage than the wicked MTN network.Lesson for organisations that do anyhow with consumers.

1 Like

Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by mcdokwe(m): 8:54am On Oct 25, 2015
I hope they don't include the sim I buy and ditch almost every other week.

Crappy network. But una simple server dey try sha
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Kunmitech: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2015
Over 5 million subscribers of MTN, Africa’s largest mobile phone operator, have ditched their lines with the telco outfit in Nigeria.

MTN reported a slowdown in quarterly subscriber growth on Thursday, caused by stiff competition and tougher regulation in the Nigerian market.

MTN said users increased 0.9 per cent in the three months to end-September, a slowdown from 2 per cent growth the same time a year ago.

Chief Executive Sifiso Dabengwa said the company’s subscriber base in Nigeria fell marginally after more than 5 million users disconnected from the network having failed to register their SIM cards.

“Aggressive price competition, weakening macroeconomic conditions in most of our markets and unfavourable exchange rate movements continued to impact financial performance for the quarter,” Dabengwa said.

Although mobile phone penetration is still well below 100 percent in Africa, growth in users is set to slow sharply in the next five years because the industry finds little commercial logic in deploying networks in remote, rural areas.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Skybee1(m): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2015
Wisdomkosi:
Who go buy me bear even if na origin?

message mi ur numz i ll control u
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by isacolukay(m): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2015
Tedassie:

e market no dey move nah,ordinary Champion beer sell pass am

Champion beer na loser beer o. Satzenbrau is the fastest selling beer brand in Abuja. At least that I'm sure of.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by isacolukay(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2015
IamOpemipo:

Wia ur location? I been deyfind who I fit drink with for 2days service
Abuja. Any hope?
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Olayinka8793(m): 9:38am On Oct 25, 2015
isacolukay:

That is the cheapest beer in the Nigerian market. Just #100!
for real?,I buy am for #150 in my hood.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Systeme101: 9:40am On Oct 25, 2015
pls hw can i port from dis useless netwrk called mtn?
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by isacolukay(m): 9:41am On Oct 25, 2015
Olayinka8793:
for real?,I buy am for #150 in my hood.
Dem just reduce the price per carton so that the beer parlour sellers can reduce price to #100
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Tedassie(m): 9:44am On Oct 25, 2015
isacolukay:

Champion beer na loser beer o. Satzenbrau is the fastest selling beer brand in Abuja. At least that I'm sure of.
sha,it depends on location...over here in Uyo,Champion beer is the staple beverage,plus there's the Champion Breweries...so na home advantage
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by isacolukay(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2015
Tedassie:

sha,it depends on location...over here in Uyo,Champion beer is the staple beverage,plus there's the Champion Breweries...so na home advantage

K. So Na Champion you dey drink before you go fire dat gal abi?
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Tedassie(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2015
isacolukay:

K. So Na Champion you dey drink before you go fire dat gal abi?

1 Like

Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by bebetoafrica: 10:11am On Oct 25, 2015
Only advice I can give MTN is to reduce there there charges an give a present an genius gift to there user

Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by MissTechy(f): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2015
It was bound to happen

1 Like

Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Banter1(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2015
trendy:
why wont they o!

See here
https://www.nairaland.com/2687417/nairalanders-please-me-get-mtn

Please help me get my credit back from them
I reported your case to them on twitter, and they said your case is receiving attention. Please try and communicate with them on twitter by this handle »»» @MTN180 that is if you're on twitter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Lancier(m): 11:00am On Oct 25, 2015
Do you know Insurance is the modern day creator and protector of wealth?

We at InsuranceDirect2U in association with STACO Insurance Plc can provide you with world class insurance services to safeguard you in Nigeria's challenging environment. 

Our Services: 
Motor Insurance,Fire and Special Perils Insurance,Personal Protection Plan,Burglary Insurance,Home Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance,Building Insurance,Workmen Compensation,Marine & Aviation Insurance,Engineering & Construction Insurance,Oil & Gas Insurance etc. 

Our rates and premiums are quite competitive and affordable. We also offer we flexible payment plans and advisory services. 

For inquiries, call/whatsapp LANRE  on 08033054437 or ping me. BB Pin: 2bd85fdb  You can also email me on lancier224@yahoo.com. 

INSURE TODAY to safeguard against the unforeseen. Please forward to all your friends and contacts.

InsuranceDirect2U...Quality Service Delivery "2U" Guaranteed.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Bollinger(m): 11:03am On Oct 25, 2015
Jayson504:
Mtn that stingy network

Go to a civilized society and see if their networks will give you anything extra. Nigerians are too used to awoof. You'd be praying or MTN by then.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Rick9(m): 11:11am On Oct 25, 2015
Mtn the most useless network on earth. Why I detest this network.
- Poor service
- Slow Network
- Deduct you for no reason
If you are hypertensive then refrain from using MTN network.
Etisalat still remians the best, been using etisalat since 2011 no issues.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by gohzieh(m): 11:21am On Oct 25, 2015
chudyprince:
please can someone teach me how to port from mtn to Etisalat, thanks friends

My brother, go to any etisalat office, they'll gladly assist you. I'm a glad user of a ported mtn to etisalat, I enjoy a lot of goodies from etisalat and they treat me like a king which I am. MTN should learn some manners, their attitude to their customers is not a good one.

1 Like

Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by chipzidar(f): 11:21am On Oct 25, 2015
hmmmm
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Lobolintin(m): 11:57am On Oct 25, 2015
isacolukay:
Abeg who go buy me beer today? Even though na Satzenbrau?
Come collect I dey consume one self .
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by fjjc(m): 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
Can someone tell me how to port to etizalat and still retain my mtn line for God sake? Urgent please.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Topmost2015(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
No wonder their Internet has been so fast
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2015
fjjc:
Can someone tell me how to port to etizalat and still retain my mtn line for God sake? Urgent please.

gohzieh:

My brother, go to any etisalat office, they'll gladly assist you. I'm a glad user of a ported mtn to etisalat, I enjoy a lot of goodies from etisalat and they treat me like a king which I am. MTN should learn some manners, their attitude to their customers is not a good one.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:30pm On Oct 25, 2015
dayojags10:
nah which day I go pay the #400 wey I dey owe dis people sef?, I borrowed #400, them deduct #40, I no vex.... but I swear the remaining #360,Nah only God know the call rate wey them take they remove am.. the #360 is as good as #100 glo recharge.... #GloAllTheWay #SimAbandoned

Bros, abeg repay that money before abandoning the sim so it won't be counted as debt before you on the last day.
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Michaelgates(m): 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
E remain DSTV
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by adeoba2008(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2015
MTN is not customer centred . The facts are just overwhelming....
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by Nellypy: 2:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
Mtn u Neva see something time will come wen wen u will lose all ur subscribers. Useless ntwk
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by ransomed: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
Empty N disturbs my life with unsolicited messages. I am porting....
Re: MTN Loses 5 Million Subscribers In Nigeria by ransomed: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2015
fjjc:
:-- I am right behind you on the queue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Could My Phone Be Monitored Or Hacked?(pics) / Free Blackberry Unlock Started / BB10 Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.