Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,937 members, 7,873,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:43 AM

8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men (2485 Views)

8 Famous Celebrities Who Once Broke Up With Twitter / See The 5 Famous Women Banky W Dated Before Marrying Adesua Etomi / Vera Sidika Comes For Nigerian Girls Who Say Foreigners Are Taking All Their Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by vicostyle200: 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2015
[img]http://2.bp..com/-ccmJ3vz-tT8/Vit2OOE-GRI/AAAAAAAAACs/5WugHEguQIk/s320/Judge-Judy-cbsdrama.jpg[/img]
In theory, there is stigma against women proposing to their men. However, the trend is yet to catch on in Nigeria, as ladies still wait for that old-fashioned get-on-one-knee proposal.

Only a handful of women have been bold and courageous enough to take the lead and pop the question.
In celebration of women who take their relationships into their own hands, The Huffington Post puts the spotlight on 8 famous women who proposed to their men:

1. Judge Judy: Asking the question is a man's job? Let Judy Sheindlin be the judge of that! Television's favorite courtroom personality popped the question to her second husband, Jerry Sheindlin, in 1978. In an interview with Du Jour, Judy says, "[H]e tried to weasel out of it... I told him to pick a date. He picked Flag Day.”

2. Zsa Zsa Gabor: The socialite and actress claimed to have proposed to all nine of her husbands. She started her run early, proposing to her first husband, a Turkish diplomat, when she was only 15. Much later in life, she told her biographer, "I pay all my own bills... I want to choose the man. I do not permit men to choose me."

3. Queen Victoria: The Queen proposed to her cousin, Prince Albert, in 1839. In her diary, she describes how she invited him to her room, where she popped the question. Of that day, she wrote, "I really felt it was the happiest brightest moment in my life."

4. Diane Von Furstenberg: In an interview published in O Magazine in December 2014, Furstenberg told Oprah that she proposed to her current husband, Barry Diller. On his birthday, she called him and said, 'You know, if you want, for your birthday, I'll marry you." The happy couple wed a week later, and have spent 13 happy years together.

5. Elizabeth Taylor: Elizabeth Taylor, who was married a total of eight times to seven husbands, took it upon herself to propose to her second husband, British actor Michael Wilding. According to the Guardian, the two were married in a London registry office in 1952, and had two children before their eventual divorce. Taylor later described the marriage as a calm one: "We had a lovely, easy life, very simple, very quiet."

6. Pink: You wouldn't expect less from pop's most badass chick. According to People Magazine, Pink proposed to her hubby, motocross champion Carey Hart, back in June 2005 -- while he was mid-race! As Hart began his third lap, Pink showed him a sign that read, "Will You Marry Me?" She followed up with a "I'm Serious" sign. Needless to say, he took her seriously and the two tied the knot the following year.

7. Kristen Bell: Kristen Bell proposed to hubby Dax Shepard on Twitter as soon as the Defense Of Marriage Act was struck down in 2013. The couple, who welcomed their first child earlier that year, had decided to hold off on tying the knot until their gay and lesbian friends could do so too.

8. Jennifer Hudson: Boyfriend David Otunga popped the question first, on Hudson's birthday in 2009. So Hudson surprised him on his birthday five months later by proposing right back! She presented him with a one-of-a-kind five-carat engagement ring. The two remain engaged, and have a child, David Jr.
http://fusiongists..com.ng/2015/10/8-famous-women-who-proposed-to-their-men.html
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by tpiah11: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
it . doesnt. concern. me.

i have my own issues to worry about.

prayer is key.
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by okosodo: 2:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
i am waiting for my girlfriend to propose to me
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by all4Him: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
this may appear attractive but check how many of those marriages lasted. Ladies be wise. don't make yourself so cheap. Your God-ordained husband will come for you. you only need to be patient. Don't confuse impatience with civilization.
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by jabberjawz: 3:49pm On Oct 24, 2015
Hillary Clinton also made d move on bill Clinton.....though she didn't propose to him...she paved d way for d relationship.

1 Like

Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by smsshola(m): 4:41pm On Oct 24, 2015
Here in naija the infamous one go dey claim African culture and morality yet age is not on there side. My candid advice go for what u wan I like the second lady comment she don't allow men to choose her she choose men rather.
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
smiley here in naija when she think about the dowry she go reconsider
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by IamOpemipo(m): 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2015
When will a aija gal propose?
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by WhoBeThisMan: 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2015
If any girl pop me the question, I'll pop away...

sorry I what I meant to say was " run away"
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Ghost01(m): 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2015
There ain't nothing wrong with a lady asking. If she asks, and I happen to feel the same way too, then I'll say 'yes'. If I feel otherwise, I'll talk my way out of it, in a respectful manner. It's no big deal.

1 Like

Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by saxwizard(m): 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
naija no dey the list na...

even if its good its against our culture. ..so here in Nigeria its crap
Re: 8 Famous Women Who Proposed To Their Men by Adatob(m): 7:03pm On Oct 24, 2015
oya tope com nd propose to mi

(1) (Reply)

See This Hilarious Meme Of Linda Ikeji's Birkins Bag / Nollywood Stars Ramsey Nouah And Daniel Lloyd Without Makeup / Checkout Beautiful Photos Of Bovi's Wife And His Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.