Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,025 members, 7,939,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

No Travel Ban On Nigeria, Says NCAA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / No Travel Ban On Nigeria, Says NCAA (537 Views)

Onitsha Regaining Its Lost Beauty After The Ban On Okada / Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA / The Number Of Private Jets In Nigeria - NCAA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Travel Ban On Nigeria, Says NCAA by euromoney(f): 9:35am On Oct 25, 2015
The Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) clarified yesterday that there is no travel ban that could lead to possible closure of the nation’s airspace.

The clarification was sequel to speculations that some aviation unions including the Air Transport Services Senior Staff Association (ATSSSAN) were planning to shut the airspace on account of issues bordering on the welfare of NCAA’s workers.

NCAA’s spokesman, Sam Adurogboye, in an interview yesterday said the airspace remains open to flight operations at all times.

He said the NCAA cannot be closing the airspace it is meant to guard.

Adurogboye said: “We learnt that aviation unions have been circulating some information alleging a travel ban to Nigeria with effect from tomorrow midnight.

“I hereby declare to the whole world that it is not true. Nigerian airspace is open to flight operations at all times.

“NCAA cannot be closing airspace it is meant to guard. Our primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of air travellers.

Such information should be disregarded. We are investigating the source. The issue we had with our workers union is being resolved.”

He said a peace meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow between the warring unions and management.

“As a prelude to that meeting, the union has on Friday October 23, 2015 suspended their planned strike action,” Adurogboye stated.

http://thenationonlineng.net/no-travel-ban-on-nigeria-says-ncaa/
Re: No Travel Ban On Nigeria, Says NCAA by politricks: 9:45am On Oct 25, 2015
Thank God because i feared i would miss my flight to west germany. On a more serious note, what is wrong with the media these days. Today they will report something and tomorrow they will report another thing contrary to what they had earlier reported.

(1) (Reply)

Burning Tanker At Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Short Stay UK Visa Refused / USA Student Visa Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.