Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,151 members, 7,943,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

Unadvertised Jobs You Need To Know About - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unadvertised Jobs You Need To Know About (1587 Views)

The 10 Highest-paying Jobs You Can Get With A Bachelor's Degree / How To Find Unadvertised Jobs Using Google / Join KD Job Forum to Get Unadvertised Job Openings In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unadvertised Jobs You Need To Know About by estanoni: 3:50pm On Oct 25, 2015
Unemployment is one of the major issues facing the country and the youths especially. However some are getting the Job no matter how difficult. Many suggestions about getting a job are all over the web, some suggest paying an employer while you work, others have theories of how to pass an interview.

The need for experience or specific skills required by employers further complicate the problems faced by unemployed youth. How do you get a skill or years of experience when you've never work?

Someone suggested paying an employer to work for one or two years so as to acquire experience. Rather than pay the company, I know most decent companies may see that as exploiting, I suggest you offer to work without pay. At least with that you only need to finance your transportation and feeding for the period

I have a first hand experience of these. Years ago while studying to be a medical laboratory scientists, during breaks I approach big hospitals and laboratory to work without pay.

The first lab I worked did not give me any pay but the experience I gathered so assisted me in my education I got an academic award plus good grades.

After my education while waiting for NYSC, I approached a bigger hospital and quoted my experience from the other lab, I was given a temp job with no salary, but little allowance, free lunch tickets and I got free ride from work by joining other staffs or company bus.

Try this and you will get the skill, experience and ultimately the Job.

How will it be if you have a degree in Education and you approach a school to teach without pay?
A degree in business or accounting and you approach an audit firm or organization?
Etc

Don't think the Job is waiting for you, you approach the Job and show your competence.

I wish you well.
Re: Unadvertised Jobs You Need To Know About by estanoni: 7:45pm On Oct 25, 2015
If you are interested in trying out a job without pay in other to at least have some working experience in other to make yourself more appealing to employers of labour, I suggest you send your CV to jobswithoutpay@gmail.com

Aside from attaching your CV to the email, state the following in your email:

Name
Qualifications
Type of job you desire: eg teaching.

All the best.
Re: Unadvertised Jobs You Need To Know About by Chigorkizz(m): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2015
i dey come
Re: Unadvertised Jobs You Need To Know About by estanoni: 1:42pm On Oct 26, 2015
When you send your CV, remember to include your qualification(s) eg BSC Chemistry, NCE - maths, or HND Mechanical Engineer. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Earn Extra Income In Nigeria Today / First Bank Of Nigeria (FBN) Recruitment 2017, Apply Now. / Sales Boy Or Girl Urgently Needed Around , Egbeda, Idimu Or Akowonjo .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.