Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,750 members, 7,875,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US (17547 Views)

Buratai Receives Special Award In Fight Against Terrorism In South Africa(Photos / Buratai's Kwameh Nkrumah Leadership Award In Pictures / Ebelechukwu Obiano Wins Award In Atlanta, Becomes Honorary Citizen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2015
Today is my birthday o.. Thank you Jesus!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by kinglekan: 7:16am On Oct 26, 2015

Congratulations to BRF!!

I really like the citation for the award that would be conferred on him.

Qudos to the ex governor.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by blackpanda: 7:18am On Oct 26, 2015
All together, its been a DISASTROUS month for PDP WAILERS grin grin grin embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by Yomboy4ever(m): 7:24am On Oct 26, 2015
Singingbae:

Guy u dull pass slippers,

Akpabio was listed in guiness book of record!!

Guinness book? Dats a good one then fayose must be in d 33 or guilder book of record na ther fit am.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by edgyslim: 7:32am On Oct 26, 2015
Yomboy4ever:

Guinness book? Dats a good one then fayose must be in d 33 or guilder book of record na ther fit am.

Lmao. You got me at gulder or 33 book of records
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by anonimi: 7:58am On Oct 26, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
I know that I would find you here, and as usual..you didn't disappoint with your hateful and inane rants..

Don't you think you will show you are a reasonable person by disputing with facts all the points I raised instead of simply saying they are "hateful and inane rants"?
Are you and Fash'OLE not the hateful ones here seeing as he STOLE our money under the guise of buying scrap metal Toronto trains which you support despite such THEFT leading to serious DEPRIVATION of basic amenities for our people?
Amenities such as:

- education for ALL children.
- tap water
- health clinics and general hospitals
- good roads

that can generate EMPLOYMENT for our youths instead of running away to be voluntary SLAVES in the US, UK, Canada, South Africa etc!

As for your rope image, since you know how to use, you can try it first then when I have seen how it works on you I can think of making the same effort grin

money121:
undecided undecided undecided
The state of the major road that led to my community continue to make me feel bad. The Old Obadore Road remain bad as it as for the past few years and it seems like the government have neglected it and show no concern. This is a community in Alimosho Local Government Area of Lagos State and Igando/Ikotun LCDA. It is a place where commercial and industrial activities take place. The residents of this community has been in hell for the past few years suffering bad road despite sharing boundary with Ogun State and serving as short cut to other communities in lagos, like Abaranje and Okerube.

The community is also confronted with some

infrastructuralchallenges as the government seems to have neglected Akesan, there is problem of erosion which is caused by the absence of drainage system in the community.

Also, erosion and flooding which we experience year after year in the community are threat to our existence as a community, many families are yet to get over the damages it left behind.

During the period also, cars and other road users are prevented from using the road by erosion and flood. We are appealing to the government, our elected and appointed representativesto carry the community along in the developmental journey of the state. we therefore, appeal to the leadership of the local and state government to proffer lasting solution to alleviate the suffering, many of the affected are traders and residents that are regular tax payers.

LONG LIVE AKESAN!

LONG LIVE IGANDO/IKOTUN LCDA!

LONG LIVE ALIMOSHO LGA!

LONG LIVE LAGOS STATE!

LONG LIVE NIGERIA!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931003_2843871img20150910wa0005jpeg7b565b7f0d6ac870aa49d2efd5d6c052_jpeg36af71944fd975fadec0b14541062caf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931004_2843872img20150910wa0006jpegebc451fb42f805da4eba654c69a14ac4_jpegcd460fba862dd44d27efd41026d2ddeb

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2931005_2843873img20150910wa0007jpeg519bd1de230d1200d55fd01eadf48e74_jpeg5b9d78be037a088648458e66ddccc888
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by lekan29ice(m): 8:12am On Oct 26, 2015
My future President in shaa Allah...
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by Bibidear(f): 8:14am On Oct 26, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
I know that I would find you here, and as usual..you didn't disappoint with your hateful and inane rants..
oga van gaal,u bleeped up yesterday
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by Jowonloju(m): 8:14am On Oct 26, 2015
Jaideyone:
wtf is your problem? any time there's a good news about someone you start posting allegations of corruption or wrong doing about the person. are you just plane stup!d or extremely disturbed? your life must be difficult o. kai little wonder you carry crayon at this old age
The guy must have been denied by his livelihood by Fashola. so he will continue to wail.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:06am On Oct 26, 2015
I so dearly miss Mr. Fashola, his constant show of confidence, interest in creating a change.
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by comfy1: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2015
order now
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by 3rdlegxxx(m): 9:13am On Oct 26, 2015
anonimi:
They award to CORRUPT people

* Four years ago, with plenty fanfare, our former gomina (governor) waka go Toronto for inspect and buy aloku scrap metal trains =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

i read this also when the new governor made this comment and i was so disapointed in him, him i mean Gov. Ambode, Mr. Fashola said it had the Fed Gov backing and you come and tell us the project didn;t, the same way he kept making inconclusive statements when faced witjh Jimi Agbaje during the debates, i just didn't see him as intelligent, rather i saw a smart fellow trying to win his way into the Governorship seat which he eventually did win.

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry

i read this also when the new governor made this comment and i was so disapointed in him, him i mean Gov. Ambode, Mr. Fashola said it had the Fed Gov backing and you come and tell us the project didn;t, the same way he kept making inconclusive statements when faced witjh Jimi Agbaje during the debates, i just didn't see him as intelligent, rather i saw a smart fellow trying to win his way into the Governorship seat which he eventually did win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:56am On Oct 26, 2015
anonimi:

Don't you think you will show you are a reasonable person by disputing with facts all the points I raised instead of simply saying they are "hateful and inane rants"?
Are you and Fash'OLE not the hateful ones here seeing as he STOLE our money under the guise of buying scrap metal Toronto trains which you support despite such THEFT leading to serious DEPRIVATION of basic amenities for our people?
Amenities such as:

- education for ALL children.
- tap water
- health clinics and general hospitals
- good roads

that can generate EMPLOYMENT for our youths instead of running away to be voluntary SLAVES in the US, UK, Canada, South Africa etc!

As for your rope image, since you know how to use, you can try it first then when I have seen how it works on you I can think of making the same effort grin

You are a Chronic 'Hater'..that's all!
The first world countries that we compliment today; were the infrastructures put in place by a single govt? Was it not a continuity in governance? Fashola has done his best for lagos; it's left for Ambode to consolidate on it and d next person after Ambode......even a 'senior wailer' in the person of Metuh knows this...not to talk an 'insignificant wailer' like you...like it or hate it...Fashola would be celebrated ANYDAY ANYTIME..
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:59am On Oct 26, 2015
Bibidear:

oga van gaal,u bleeped up yesterday
swtheart, don't worry..would make up for it in the coming fixtures...
Rooney to be dropped for Martial..
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by Fongido(m): 10:00am On Oct 26, 2015
Good
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by anonimi: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
The first world countries that we compliment today; were the infrastructures put in place by a single govt? Was it not a continuity in governance? Fashola has done his best for lagos; it's left for Ambode to consolidate on it and d next person after Ambode......even a 'senior wailer' in the person of Metuh knows this...not to talk an 'insignificant wailer' like you...like it or hate it...Fashola would be celebrated ANYDAY ANYTIME..

........celebrated by 200 million mumus (who HATE themselves) with LOW life aspiration for their leaders looters, not so

Ask yourself, honestly:

16 years of progreTHIEF administration by Tinubu/Fashola/Ambode, should Lagos STATE still be a gutter place that it is today?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973881_img2014122603230_jpeg799f2d35e600328f93182225e2391bbf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973895_img2014122603236_jpeg485d075040f712b8f8307d1975273b07

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973927_img2014122603253_jpegd8f38f219e6af362262c6094f7a9ec7e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973905_img2014122603242_jpeg1aeef009b62751d4b69a0003b529e03c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973906_img2014122603243_jpeg7938cd7d76e2bf011d257d01242cd040
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by Kennydoc(m): 10:11am On Oct 26, 2015
Keneking:
Amazing...

Nigerian students won't see this...but if it is questionable character like Kas....they would gladly give recognition.

How many awards does Fayose, Peter Obi, Akpabio, Wike, Mimiko, Babangida possess in total?

How many awards do your fathers Tinubu and Buhari possess?
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by mach7(m): 11:36am On Oct 26, 2015
anonimi:
They award to CORRUPT people

* Four years ago, with plenty fanfare, our former gomina (governor) waka go Toronto for inspect and buy aloku scrap metal trains =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry
I have noticed one thing about you, and that is you don't seem to like anything good, as long as it doesn't emanate from those you support. What is this crap you are bring ing out again? Have you gone to inspect the carriages brought so far and discovered that they were aloku? Please stop ranting, it is not good enough for your well-being. Funny enough, the person you are casting stones on is very far above you;receiving awards and making a name for himself. What about you, you are just an e-champion on nairaland. "Those that choose to cast mud on others should first look at their hands."

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by mach7(m): 11:41am On Oct 26, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Bro, don't, mind the guy. he is just a "hateful wailer". he doesn't realize that the person he is casting stones on is celebrated while he is here being an Anonimous ranting wailer.

1 Like

Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by anonimi: 11:41am On Oct 26, 2015
mach7:
I have noticed one thing about you, and that is you don't seem to like anything good, as long as it doesn't emanate from those you support. What is this crap you are bring ing out again? Have you gone to inspect the carriages brought so far and discovered that they were aloku? Please stop ranting, it is not good enough for your well-being.

Did you NOT see this in my post that you quoted

AUGUST 10, 2011

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

Now who is ranting like a ranter

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2973003_2972908img8889033575920jpegjpeg9806bd2153518397a591fad28c8bce09_jpeg2e10389c92476096a700ac3ee30d28e1
Re: Fashola, Six Others For IGG Award In US by anonimi: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2015
mach7:
Bro, don't, mind the guy. he is just a "hateful wailer". he doesn't realize that the person he is casting stones on is celebrated while he is here being an Anonimous ranting wailer.

5% and proudly WAILING. grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2831915_wailingforabettertommorow_jpeg_jpegd26a773a99cf2b0f93fe685761f614da

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team / Stop Associating Fulanis With Killer Herdsmen - Rochas Okorocha / Governor Abiola Ajimobi Wins Oyo South Senatorial District Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.