Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,795 members, 7,893,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 01:14 AM

Efik People: Help Out Pls - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Efik People: Help Out Pls (1391 Views)

How To Make Edikangikong- A Delicious Efik Delight! / Should Boys Help Out In Cooking Food? ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efik People: Help Out Pls by kalmebad(f): 12:54pm On May 05, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmm first time on coming on this board, missing a lot i only realised.

I love this particular Efik soup called , Atama

Hardly can i do without it every thursday from where i do buy from

Wondering if i have been initiated or just the love for the soup, everyone in my office both Yoruba's, Ibo's have join suit

Can someone please be kind enough to tell me how this soup is prepared, something i wish to learn.

Not too sure of all the recipes and how it;s been prepared. Have anyone here also tasted this soup, let me have ur comment about it.

For me I love this soup and can't do without, so hard.
Re: Efik People: Help Out Pls by AmakaOne(f): 1:35pm On May 05, 2009
ATAMA SOUP

This rich-palm nut soup is highly spiced and flavoured with aromatic atama leaves. Atama is a spicy, aromatic leaf that can be used dried or fresh; the dried leaves are a lot more pungent in flavour

Ingredients

* 1 kg / 2 lb assorted meats (Beef oxtail, tripe, ponmo, bokoto & bushmeat)
    * 450 g / 1 lb stockfish (pre-soaked)
    * 1 medium dried fish (washed & flaked)
    * 225 g / 8 oz atama leaves (washed & shredded)
    * 225 g / 8 oz periwinkles (topped & tailed)
    * 225 g / 8 oz ground chillies
    * 225 g / 8 oz ground Crayfish
    * 1 lt / 2 pt palm-nut concentrate
    * salt to taste

Directions

1. Wash the meat thoroughly and place in a large pot. Season with salt and ground chillies. Add some stock and cook for 30 minutes.
   2. Meanwhile, wash the oil-palm and cook until soft to make the concentrate.
   3. Add the washed smoked fish and stockfish to the pot of boiling meats and cook for 10 minutes.
   4. Add the palm oil concentrate and atama leaves, bring to the boil and cook till slightly reduced and soup coats the back of a spoon.
   5. Stir in the Crayfish and Periwinkles, cook for 15 minutes until well blended, check seasoning and serve with pounded yam.

http://www.saharasunrise.com/cooking/FoodFiles/Cook_Atama.html

step by step instructions on how to cook the soup
Re: Efik People: Help Out Pls by kalmebad(f): 2:15pm On May 05, 2009
@ Amakaone

Thanks immensely for your time and details, i appreciate

Is there a particular leave call Atama?

And can it be easily found in any market?, need to know
Re: Efik People: Help Out Pls by AmakaOne(f): 2:18pm On May 05, 2009
kalmebad:

@ Amakaone

Thanks immensely for your time and details, i appreciate

Is there a particular leave call Atama?

And can it be easily found in any market?, need to know

There is a specific leaf called atama.

You should be able to get it from the same place that sells bitter leaf, Utazi, okazi and such.

Happy cooking!!

(1) (Reply)

Microwave Has Effects True Or False? / I Need Steps/guidelines On How To Make Vegetable Soup / How Does The Weevil Enter Into The Beans? (any Idea?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.