Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,857 members, 7,879,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. (7457 Views)

Marginalisation Of Ndiigbo In Nigeria Must Stop! / Supreme Court Delivers Judgment On Wike’s Appeal Today / Spotlight On Wike’s Endless Search For Prayers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by Gravanno: 6:29am On Oct 26, 2015
mensdept:

This is the difference between leaders from Arewa and Oduduwa, any group promoting their interest, no matter how controversial or violent, they never publicly castigate (BOKO HARAM, OPC, TINUBU). But for the East, a legacy of trying to please others, disunity, greed, and even fear, has lead to a hole in leadership.

Remember when Omehia won his election inn 2007, started demolishing illegal structures, started to make economic packs with Ohakim (before Ohakim also chickened out and joined PDP) and the next thing you know the powers that be via the Supreme Court threw his election out and said Rotimi "should have been" the PDP flagbearer and thus automatically the victor. (You can see that logic right?)

And of course, the strategy for the Kaduna mafia worked, as Rotimi fulfilled his role as a traitor to his region for 8 years and is currently being rewarded though he did nothing as governor except dance and run mouth at interviews stammering left and right.

Too bad for the East/Midwest
Ameachi did nothing as a governor? You must be really having a laugh for making that statement.

I live here in portharcourt for more than a 15 years and I tell you what, no governor have matched what Ameachi did. Say anything about him, but two things are important.

1. Amaechi is not corrupt.

2. Ameachi is never a tribalist.

2 Likes

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by Gravanno: 6:36am On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:

If we should stick out our neck for Wike, and be seen as anti- Dakuku, with the risk that comes with it, should Dakuku win, (cos let's be real, he is a human being and should feel angry with us for being against him, and that anger will come with consequences on Igbo community in Rivers) Why then couldn't Wike stick out his neck for us by simply ignoring the APC ranting, instead of making mockery of the Biafran struggle, and labelling our peaceful protest as disturbance of public peace?

I pray Wike wins in the court, but if he doesn't, and a re run takes place, Wike should not expect Ndiigbo to stick out our neck for him.

Those of us that like him should still vote him, but we must not be seen in public making open endorsement for him as a bloc.

That era has passed.

Good to see one ibo man with sense.
Look at the mess you did in Lagos? Most of you guys foolishly came out supporting Jimi Agbaje, and even went beyond all rules of engagement to openly endorsed him while demonising Ambode. For the first time in history of Lagos, no ibo man is appointed commissioner or cabinet member.

1 Like

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by mightyhaze: 6:52am On Oct 26, 2015
Wike
Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by nwadiuko1(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2015
pazienza:

You are welcome, nwannaa.

It's time we stop playing the politics of "ofor na ogu" and start playing the politics of "ako na uche".

"Asina Ugwu muta mgbaji ukwu, agadi nwanyi amuta ejekata akwusi".~ Igbo proverb.

The people we are dealing with,are different from us.
brother I think I agree with you on this.......we are not for or against anybody this time around.....to avoid a repeat of what happened in lagos...we should have an open mind as far as this rivers rerun is concerned

4 Likes

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:05am On Oct 26, 2015
Gravanno:

Good to see one ibo man with sense.
Look at the mess you did in Lagos? Most of you guys foolishly came out supporting Jimi Agbaje, and even went beyond all rules of engagement to openly endorsed him while demonising Ambode. For the first time in history of Lagos, no ibo man is appointed commissioner or cabinet member.

pazienza is speaking for himself, we igbos have no apologies for supporting Pdp and we will replicate that support for wike

1 Like

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by pazienza(m): 7:28am On Oct 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:

pazienza is speaking for himself, we igbos have no apologies for supporting Pdp and we will replicate that support for wike

Truckpusher:
" We already know that your support for Jonathan was nothing but personal interest,exchange for Port Harcourt and our identity and not borne out genuine love.This we are already aware of.

Now take your support and shove it down your ass for all we care.

You need to learn how to separate political affiliation from regional and ethnic interest".

From now onwards, Ndiigbo will learn to separate our ethnic agenda from party( PDP) agenda, and how to shove our support for PDP down our ass. cool

7 Likes

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by Yujin(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2015
When two of your trustworthy allies are at the two opposite ends of a debate its not easy agreeing with one. However, with my analytical skills I'll try to put forward my points and make my position known.
Firstly, let every Igbo man know that its we only that are ethnic groups residing in other states such that during election we would be visited and expected to openly endorse a candidate. Other ethnic groups are there too. While its commendable that we are a force to reckon with in various states we must know how to use that to our advantage. We must be able to separate ethnic agenda and political agenda. These two might be strongly correlated but they are not entirely the same. We must consider the individual candidates gunning for the position and see what they have in stock for us and even so encourage but never openly endorsing any. Nigeria doesn't play matured politics. Also, we must know that not every situation is the same as the other. Lagos and Rivers is not the same. Remember we all voted Jonathan because of his person not for party sake and though he may not have delivered much of what we demanded of him, he still wasn't hostile on us plus the other benefits we got from him. Today irrespective of Gej's loss at the polls our conscience still remains strong and clear. Now to Rivers state; we voted en masse for Wike and PDP (take note of my inclusion of PDP). We did it not because Wike promised us anything spectacular nor because his past record with the SE Igbos was anything good but because we didn't want APC around us. All was good until this Biafran issue popped up. It was Wike's test and having critically studied what transpired I can say that Wike didn't get a pass mark. Oh yes I believe in freeglobe's view on how Wike responded but he still didn't pass. Why do I say so? Look at the level of bloodshed from bh but no northern governor condemned them but here we have our own people condemning a peaceful protest and even arresting and shooting our people just to please our enemies. If they are so ready to please the north why should we care about them? Wike will need a lot of convincing to get us back first of all by releasing our innocent IPOB members he arrested. Secondly we will not openly endorse any candidate in Rivers as both candidates are our people irrespective of the fact that we hate APC. Dakuku doesn't appear like one that will antagonise our people so why vote against him? As for political choice like I said at the start of this write up, Ndigbo will have to care less here but ethnical benefits should be left for individuals to consider. So my position is this: No open endorsement of any one and let each individual vote who he believes in after all even the Rivers indigenes vote individually and are the people to benefit most from any candidate that eventually wins.
@pazienza, take note we are not abandoning Wike but we can't stick out our necks for him while our brothers are in the dungeon on his own orders.

2 Likes

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by safepassage2015: 7:40am On Oct 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:

seconded
Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by pazienza(m): 7:53am On Oct 26, 2015
"take note we are not abandoning Wike but we can't stick out our necks for him while our brothers are in the dungeon on his own orders".

Ako!

2 Likes

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by pazienza(m): 7:54am On Oct 26, 2015
"Why do I say so? Look at the level of bloodshed from bh but no northern governor condemned them but here we have our own people condemning a peaceful protest and even arresting and shooting our people just to please our enemies. If they are so ready to please the north why should we care about them? Wike will need a lot of convincing to get us back first of all by releasing our innocent IPOB members he arrested".

Ako na Uche!

3 Likes

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by StOla: 10:30am On Oct 26, 2015
SirJeffry:
That phoolish OP isn't Igbo at all, he's on the payroll of APC to poison the mind of Igbos against Wike.

APC and propaganda are like bread and butter so no one should be deceived.

He can get to only the gullible ones though. Anumanu angry

Never thought I would see the day another Igbo would challenge the Igboness of Pazienza.

This attitude from the igbos is really becoming silly.

I've come to realise that there would be no trust in Biafra. Anyone who holds an opinion different from the clannish mob will be dealt with. Infact, everyone not holding the tribal card would be prosecuted as a saboteur and spy.
Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by djayxpro: 2:33am On Nov 10, 2015
pazienza:
"My advice also to the Igbos is this: Be Neutral. No open endorsement of any candidate. Let APC and PDP square it out themselves. Wike vs Dakuku is just an election. Violence should not rear its ugly head this time around. Let the best man emerge victorious".

O my, you're the hero of this. All I read before your liberating post was filth and tribalistic, self-seeking nonsense.

Y'all heard this fellow, right? LET THE BEST MAN EMERGE VICTORIOUS. Do not let tribe play any role in this for the good of our/my people. You probably have not heard that under Wike's watch, regardless of the amount of money the state makes everyday, students are left stranded in schools abroad without allowances. Some have even been sent back home.

What exactly has Wike done for Rivers people? What can he do for us to advance and compete internationally as a state in every aspect (health, education, poverty eradication, equal opportunity for even the common man, etc) based on his background? If he can't do any of these, WE DO NOT WANT HIM or anyone for that matter who can't make us develop at a speed. Let this be the sole reason you cast a vote for any of the candidates in the rerun election.

Please, let us simply let the best man emerge victorious. Don't drag biafran sentiments into this, please. We have suffered enough over tribalism, nepotism and what not.

By the way, I do not care about APC or PDP, Ikwerre, Ogoni or Okrika, just the best man, even if he or she comes from KOWA or Hope Party or Tiv. #justsaying. Let us act like progressive people and discuss elections like human beings, biko.

You Ndiigbos have my respect for your solidarity. How great it would be, if this solidarity is put to good use. Igbo kwezue Nu ooo!
Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by Tkester: 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
I don't really comment on politics of rivers state, but reading thru pazienza posts I think he has got a lot of points. I know for sure that when people believe they can always get your (cheap) support, they take it for granted. I believe it's high time we started dealing with errant politicians. We cannot support a governor who got into power and abandoned us, only, for him to remember us as his election draws near. Honestly if we do that, we are merelY saying to the world that we are cheap. Wike should carry his cross alone, this will also send message to other govs like obiano and okorocha.

1 Like

Re: On Wike,Rivers state Election Re Run And Ndiigbo In Rivers State. by HopeAtHand: 8:10am On Mar 13, 2016
pazienza:

I don't like Wike or Dakuku, and don't hate any of them.

I only have one agenda, that is the Emergence of Republic of Alaigbo.

Nigeria politics is not about principles, the people we are dealing with have shown they are not ready to abide by any particular principle, but are ever ready to change their principles as and when needed to achieve whatever regional or tribal agenda they have.

Ndiigbo must learn to do the same from now onwards. Our Igbo principle of "ofor na ogu" has failed us. It's time we adopt "ako na uche" principle.

And right now, ako na uche demands that Ndiigbo remain neutral in the coming rivers state 're run.
No public endorsement of any candidate, no bloc voting.
We remain simply neutral and congratulate the winner between Wike and Dakuku.

@bolded... Hahahahaha grin grin grin

Its a shame i missed this thread.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Lifts Suspension On Humanitarian NGOs In The Northeast / President Buhari's 2021 Christmas Message / 2023 Budget Is Hopeless - Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.