Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,102 members, 7,880,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:11 PM

Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car (23363 Views)

Pictures Of A Fulani Nairalander On Dinner Date With Her Cars / Pictures Of People On Dinner Dates With Their Cars Go Viral On Twitter. / World's First Hand-woven Car, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by namuaba: 11:10am On Oct 26, 2015
honestly i see nothing wrong wit it, of course, i ill buy
the idea is, instead of spraying ur car.,,,,,,,,
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by ksmartdope(m): 11:10am On Oct 26, 2015
The thing is ugly as Bleep...nothing special here even my late grand mum can do same thing..Abeg delete nonsense joor..

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by wiseoneking: 11:16am On Oct 26, 2015
JAZES:
This hand-woven car was reportedly made by a Nigerian Artisan named Ojo Obaniyi.
He’s 40 year old and he is from Ibadan. The car also uses fuel like every other car.
Guys will you use your money to buy this car if he starts mass production?... smiley smiley cool

http://www.onlineleaks247.com/index.php/2015/10/26/checkout-the-amazing-pictures-of-a-made-in-nigeria-hand-woven-car-photos/

Another innosco motor in the making. Lol
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by dsavant(m): 11:25am On Oct 26, 2015
Wow! This is great. I may not buy but if d government can finance him to bring itt up to standard itt will be our pride
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Onegai(f): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2015
I've been trying to reach this man for a while because someone wants to speak to him. Does anyone have an idea of his contact info?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Starships4u(m): 11:30am On Oct 26, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Very nice...but can it move?
hu drove it to the gas station?? Shea it was jacked
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by adeoba2008(m): 11:31am On Oct 26, 2015
Nigerian , I hail thee
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by adwaani(m): 11:40am On Oct 26, 2015
as an engineer,safety is the ultimate requirement for me..so if he did not weave on the metallic frame of the car,during collision or even motion on rough roads I would not like to be in the vehicle...but kudos though
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by RegalD(m): 11:41am On Oct 26, 2015
Good artwork. But because it is made in Nigeria, it is not fit to be bought.
Later some people will be accusing Engineering students for not being creative. Even if they are, no one is there to encourage them.
Am sure this person has no degree, but because he doesn't come from the Dangote family or the Adenuga family, he is not fit to be patronised.
LIKE if you agree. Quote if you do or don't.
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by donspero(m): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2015
christinie:
I have no comment.
Y nah! undecided

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2015
he covered a normal vehicle with the cane (wooden) strips.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by ewizard1: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2015
bumi10:
One thing be say Nigerians no dey shame.

Na this kind car una go dey make come carry am put in front on nairaland. imagine say oyibo dey read this thread now, watin him go think?

Abeg, we r not from the zoo and we r not monkeys. una met the do car way won fly self, u come here they talk rubbish.

I bow for una oo
Smh for you. And if oyibo dey read this thread nko? Only if you know what they call CREATIVITY!!! (use Google,help yourself)
It means we are a creative country. How does that sound to you?
Now for you half sensed wailers, my prayer right now is that another new gets on FP tomorrow with the title "Museum buys Handcrafted cane car for N5million naira"

Then you'll feel sorry for you hating ass.
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Deejaygold(m): 11:58am On Oct 26, 2015
DrDxtrz:
this is a nice craftwork
if the car get accident, na write off be that too grin
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by TheMatrix3: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2015
mass production? hmmm... him go produce tire o
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by andyanders: 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
Please advise the producer to see that the raft don't fall on the exhaust of the car.
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by mywells: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2015
nice ideal from Cain Bridge

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by herrdeustch: 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2015
bumi10:

Na this kind car una go dey make come carry am put in front on nairaland. imagine say oyibo dey read this thread now, watin him go think?

Abeg, we r not from the zoo and we r not monkeys. una met the do car way won fly self, u come here they talk rubbish.

I bow for una oo
Immediately I saw this vehicle , I became inspired. This new material concept could be a very viable research topic for the automotive industry-the development of a new material that retains certain properties inherent with woven structures. Some of these possible gains could be
1. A reduction in material mass needed to make vehicle bodies (and maybe even the chasis)
2. Advancement in the concept of the Mechanics ,shock resistance and failure modes of vehicular structures (leading to safer vehicles and less loss of lives in accidents)
3. Advancement in the aerodynamic and fluid mechanics properties of vehicular surfaces
4. Advancement in the aesthetics of vehicles
5.Cost savings in automotive production due to improved materials and methods and reduction in material weight.
6. Etcetera
I think the guy is a genius in the making .I pray that the right research looks his way and Destiny smiles on him.Best of luck.

P.S The greatest ideas that change the world the most always look insignificant to the uninspired and undiscerning.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Meeloreh(f): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Very nice...but can it move?
was it carried to the filling station tongue
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by frainc(m): 1:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
bumi10:

I bow for una oo
God safe you say I no dey yab people again, if no bi so, I for talk say the brain wey u supose dey take think, na em u dey take waka for road.

If to say na oyibo show this car for CNN now, u go carry dat ur puff puff mouth dey hail dem

No let me use my left yansh slap u

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Whizpeter(m): 1:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
If the engine overheat ehn, na to just go buy another new motor...
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by chronique(m): 2:48pm On Oct 26, 2015
Disaster waiting to occur. Very little fire will set this thing ablaze completely. I want to believe this is just for exhibition sake.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Gab27: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
Am a living witness. i saw it when the man that did it brought it to my area' where he purchased petrol
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
JAZES:
lalasticlala, oya come put this thing out there now make d world see our innovation.... wink wink wink

In the name of God please DO NOT publicize this nonsense.
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by AdeniyiA(m): 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2015
ZionDominic:
Nigeria is talented with awesome brains.

hmmm ... 19th century brain. when shall we grow up, auto world has gone computerized and we're here talking of wooden car... i feel ashamed.

Well at least the guy is using his brain based on d available resources. Cheaters we got as leaders undecided
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by christinie(f): 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2015
donspero:
Y nah! undecided
did he make the car or he only covered it with baboons sticks?
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by christinie(f): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
taurusdude:

miss indipendent you can buy this one as your first car grin
my first car? I don't blame you.
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2015
[quote author=christinie post=39388858]my first car? I don't blame you.[/quote
lol no vex i know u have a fleet of cars.more grease
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by omitademichael(m): 11:15pm On Oct 26, 2015
Nigerians are trying in making unreasonable cars eg Cars without brake. Un movable cars. Cars without engines. Cars without buyers. Etc. Kudos to my ppl. We wil soon get there!
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by Realonekingsley(m): 11:44pm On Oct 26, 2015
Creativity
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by christinie(f): 5:00am On Oct 27, 2015
[quote author=taurusdude post=39391812][/quote]na you Sabi
Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by netotse(m): 12:05am On Nov 02, 2015
Onegai:
I've been trying to reach this man for a while because someone wants to speak to him. Does anyone have an idea of his contact info?

in this link there's a number he can be reached on in one of the pictures,
http://nairobiwire.com/2015/10/amazing-nigerian-designs-car-with-fiber-woven-chassis-photos.html
the story's old though, 2012/2013, it's just being recycled.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Hand-Woven Car by donspero(m): 6:03am On Nov 30, 2015
Dunno ask lady F. lipsrsealed
christinie:
did he make the car or he only covered it with baboons sticks?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Will You Do In This Situation / Five New Cars To Buy In 2013 / Never Use Dishwashing Liquid To Wash Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.