Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,871 members, 7,883,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 10:21 PM

7 Things To Do When You Get Admitted In A Tertiary Institution - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Things To Do When You Get Admitted In A Tertiary Institution (792 Views)

"I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady / 5 Easy Ways To Get Admitted In 2017 Apart From JAMB / Chioma Onuoha Admitted In Three Ivy League Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things To Do When You Get Admitted In A Tertiary Institution by zico124(m): 8:10am On Oct 26, 2015
7 THINGS TO DO WHEN YOU GET ADMITTED IN A TERTIARY INSTITUTION

Not most new admitted students(fresher's) get someone to assist them in planning or advising them on steps to take, many go through alot of unnecessary stress and before they know it the test and exam is here. Many don't get to perform well academically in 100level because of this but I believe this writeup will help such students to take the right steps.
Note: these seven step is just a guide as it may apply differently in different schools. Also you don't have to complete a step before taking the next because some steps may take more than a week

1) GET YOUR CREDENTIALS TOGETHER
This is not suppose to come ahead of acceptance fee but it has been discovered that many admitted students don't check even their O'level result and combinations before registering for jamb and after going through all the pain, they get admitted and after paying the nonrefundable acceptance fee, they end up getting disqualified at the result verification section. It is advisable for students to check to know which other credentials the school require them to submit. You might not be able to get all at once but a list will help you to know which one you have and which one you need to get and to plan yourself.

2)PAY YOUR ACCEPTANCE FEE
Depending on the deadline, admitted students don't have till the deadline before making payment.

3)GET AN ACCOMMODATION
In some school, they get hostel and in some other school they get a rented apartment off campus either way, getting an accommodation is not an overnight task as this might take some more than a month to get one but as a student you need a place to rest your head after the days stress hence the best available option in most cases in squatting 'wink'. Get a place to squat. However in getting a place to squat you have to be careful about the bad and the cultist hence you put yourself through a stay of regret in school. The only way I see out is care and prayer

4) CAREFULLY FOLLOW YOUR REGISTRATION AND VERIFICATION PROCESS
You don't necessarily have to finish everything at once. I have seen students collapsing on cue because of trying to meetup with registration deadline and my question is "if you die while registering, then who will go for your lectures"? You can get a place to sit while you maintain your cue if you have health issues.

5)START ATTENDING LECTURES AND STUDYING
Don't wait until you complete your registration before attending lectures, don't wear yourself out, take things easy, you don't have any excuse for failure or poor academic performance. Once lecture commence start attending lectures while you continue with your registration. You also have to start studying as time wait for no one.

6)MAKE SOME FRIENDS
You are not the only busy student. Make friends in class, on cue, in the hostel as some of them may give you working ideas, lend you lecture notes etc

7)START PREPARING FOR YOUR TEST
The mid-semester test will come sooner than you expect. It is advisable students start preparing for their test once lecture begins, i mean while you are still going through your registration.

www.sureinformationng.com
Re: 7 Things To Do When You Get Admitted In A Tertiary Institution by abdulhadi101(m): 8:11am On Oct 26, 2015
Booked..
Will come back and read when jamb give me admission
Re: 7 Things To Do When You Get Admitted In A Tertiary Institution by Elosky20: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2015
gud

(1) (Reply)

University Of Maiduguri 2015/2016 Admission / Frank Talk: When SS2 Pupils Can’t Spell Their Names / Yoruba Day Celebration: Pictures From A Primary School In Osan-ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.