Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,814 members, 7,879,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:38 PM

Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! (11641 Views)

Guardian: Ndokis Are Igbos, See The States They Are Found / Confirmed:Militants Terrorizing Lagos Are Ijaws - 4 Arrested By OPC / Tonye Barcanister Ndokis, Bonny Are Tight Ibo Tribes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
I have vowed not to engage these people anymore , leave them alone - let them run along with their warped ideologies that are tainted with lies from the pit of hell.

Simply put , some people have refused to learn from history and that would be their ultimate downfall.

just ignore those guys I have told u before they will come up with fabricated lies to drive home their original lies,

can u tell a grown up man where his nose is situated in his body off cause not.

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by MISSNORA(f): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2015
Cool!Missed y'all!
Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by SUBMARINE: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2015
Truckpusher:
I have vowed not to engage these people anymore , leave them alone - let them run along with their warped ideologies that are tainted with lies from the pit of hell.

Simply put , some people have refused to learn from history and that would be their ultimate downfall.

When Benin empire erupted in a civil war, was it only the Ijos that migrated.

Why can't you guys reason the possibility of Igbos migrating alongside the Ijos to such places.

OK

How come they speak a language more similar to Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by donphilopus: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2015
Truckpusher:

I thought you were Igbo. Mogidi and Ozaokpe, my Edo broses, come and have a say on this thread.
Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by funlord(m): 8:36am On Oct 27, 2015
angry
TonyeBarcanista:
CC:
Truckpusher Dearpreye IzonOwei Goodboiy HopeAtHand Forwetinnah Talktimi etc FYI pls.

*This thread was created to PUT A LIE to some threads that recently sprang up*

#TakeMyBow

I'm glady you have finally admitted that you are a "god forsaken liar" via the bolded post which you yourself typed under no duress! Just change your moniker to "BOBONISTER" once and for all abeg!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:36am On Oct 27, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Obviously, ijaws are land grabbers and expansionists. Even Ken Saro Wiwa complained about it in this article.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/34a/049.html
Yesterday, someone gave me what Magnus Abe(Ogoni) said of OUR Ijaw people, today you are telling me what Saro Wiwa(Ogoni) has to say of people that he has NO blood relation with in your bid to deny the words of the children of these people who clearly stated..
It is a truism that going by the migratory era in this context Ndoki people are ancestrally, biologically and anthropologically linked with the Ijos who migrated with them when the war broke out in Ancient Benin Kingdom. Our culture, tradition and practices are explicit and clear on our origin.

How can a Bini man tell of the Yoruba ancestry when Yorubas have their own story? No even Oba of Benin can go against them.

Who was the ancestors of your phantom Ndoki?

Go to the President and People of the group (Phone number provided) and enquire or tell him what Wikipedia/Wiwa says about them.

That Amaechi called Buhari "Igbo" doesn't make Buhari an Igbo man. Pls do well by letting me be.

4 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Armaggedon: 8:37am On Oct 27, 2015
fineguy11:
I dare anyone with documented proof,to counter the OP"s claim...all this online jiberish is just noise...reminds me of the case of NIGERIA AND CAMEROON over bakassi...the settlers were nigerians,,yet the UN ruled in favour of cameroon...when this entity finally disintegrate,we'll all knw who owns what?....
Un ruled in favour of cameroon because nigeria is a zoo where the govt lack ideology, pride, patriotism zeal respect and honesty. No country can annex an inch of israel's territory, even the US! the natives of a land own a land simple!

Egypt was originally negroeland, but today it is almost arab land, despite being an african country.

The carribean was not originally african but today the ihabitants are black pple and they are even trying to join the AU.

But we are talking about a drunk ijawman who is trying to prove, through a useless blog that an igboland belongs to ijaw

4 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Ugomba(m): 8:38am On Oct 27, 2015
This is why I said, Anything Niger Delta Republic, count the Anioma Nation out because this is how confused it is going to be! We will rather be in a Federalised Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This was an Excerpt of a piece on a special report titles ..
Special Report: The Position And Marginalization Of Ndoki Ethnic Nationality

Written and compiled by:
Comrade Henry O. Nwaigwe
Youth Coordinator
Ndoki Youth Federation and
Ohuru Youth Grand Alliance

www.chidioparareports..co.ke/2014/09/special-report-position-and_2.html?m=1

I dear anyone to provide any historical literation that goes against this. I want to maintain that Ndokis are 100% Ijaws. The Ndokis in Rivers know this. Those in Abia though realise this but having mixed with the Igbos, I will hold my piece.
Are you a student of contemporary history?
Are you telling us that the Ndokis in Abia Migrated from Ijaw? Now I know that this fool is indeed a demented thing. You want us to believe that the Ndokis in Abia are Ijaws, but you don't want to believe that there are clans and tribes in Rivers and Delta that migrated from Igbos in SE is that not so? This is hypocrisy at its peak.

8 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by SUBMARINE: 8:39am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

The Ndokis(Ijaws) only came in contact with Igbos in Umunoha, Owerri and Ndizurogu.
I am not the narrator, it is the people that is telling their origin. We always allow people speak for themselves.

Answer these questions

Did the Igbos live in Benin empire.?

If yes, how come the Ijos first contact with the Igbos was at umuoha as proclaim by you.?

Truckpusher

kingsolex:

just ignore those guys I have told u before they will come up with fabricated lies to drive home their original lies,
can u tell a grown up man where his nose is situated in his body off cause not.
patrick89:
https://m.facebook.com/ndokiopobo/photos/a.1457806071158000.1073741828.1455555991383008/1641309072807698/?type=3&source=57
Please visit their page and see their names
FreeGlobe:

Obviously, ijaws are land grabbers and expansionists. Even Ken Saro Wiwa complained about it in this article.
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/34a/049.html
TonyeBarcanista:
CC:
Truckpusher Dearpreye IzonOwei Goodboiy HopeAtHand Forwetinnah Talktimi etc FYI pls.
*This thread was created to put a lie to some threads that recently sprang up*
#TakeMyBow
IGBOPRINCE:
Hahaha..
Bro, igbos re not your cousins biko. Is like you don't know the meaning of cousin.
Bro, this your new distorted history eeh, I am certain that you re in pained.
Ndigbos will continued to torments you. We shall bring back the old habits of you.
Don't worry, we re watching you.
Ekenedegreat, vicotex, pezienza, tonychristopher. This guy is in pained with our comments.
Hahahaha, ndoki is ijaws, go there and claimed them na.
Anuofia.

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by patrick89(m): 8:39am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Yesterday, someone gave me what Magnus Abe(Ogoni) said of OUR Ijaw people, today you are telling me what Saro Wiwa(Ogoni) has to say of people that he has NO blood relation with in your bid to deny the words of the children of these people who clearly stated..

How can a Bini man tell of the Yoruba ancestry when Yorubas have their own story? No even Oba of Benin can go against them.

Go to the President and People of the group (Phone number provided) and enquire or tell him what Wikipedia/Wiwa says about them.

That Amaechi called Buhari "Igbo" doesn't make Buhari an Igbo man. Pls do well by letting me be.

Na now I know say you have an agenda! I just called my ndoki friend, and he so angry! Listen, visit their page on facebook and forget all these lies!

3 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:41am On Oct 27, 2015
SUBMARINE:

When Benin empire erupted in a civil war, was it only the Ijos that migrated.

Why can't you guys reason the possibility of Igbos migrating alongside the Ijos to such places.

OK

How come they speak a language more similar to Igbo

I never put up that submisssion. The author is there along with his phone number and his group. He's a prominent writer and can easily be verified.
It is a truism that going by the migratory era in this context Ndoki people are ancestrally, biologically and anthropologically linked with the Ijos who migrated with them when the war broke out in Ancient Benin Kingdom. Our culture, tradition and practices are explicit and clear on our origin.

On language, you know the answer. Please channel your question to the Ndoki Youths.
Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by IGBOPRINCE: 8:43am On Oct 27, 2015
Truckpusher:

so you ve gotten your voice?.
Learn from which history? Have you learnt your own? If you ve not, then shut up.

He call you like goat and you appear too. sad
Reminds him that we umu igbos re not their cousin.

To hell with that hypocritical word call cousin.

Wicked people who stole our abandoned properties in the 60s .

do not be happy yet cos karma will strike thee. sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:44am On Oct 27, 2015
Listen my friend, I DON'T know whether or not Igbos lived in Benin empire. I am NOT the one that traced Ndoki root to Ijaw. It was the Ndoki people(contact the group) not me.

Everybody know their root irrespective of their settlement. E do abeg.
SUBMARINE:

Answer these questions

Did the Igbos live in Benin empire.?

If yes, how come the Ijos first contact with the Igbos was at umuoha as proclaim by you.?

Truckpusher

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by patrick89(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2015
You guys should stop joor! Ndoki people are more igbo than onitsha and Ngwa people.. visit their facebook page and your eyes go open faster than light

3 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:49am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I thought you have grown.

Do you see me debate on issues bothering on people's sub-consciousness declaration of what they are or not.

As Mallam Sanusi said, before the coming of the Europeans, there wasn't any people in Nigeria associated with ethnic grouping as we have them today rather people were known by their clans and nothing more hence it is invariably a waste of energy, productive time and imposition of alternative school of thought that engender strife, antagonism, sow hatred among friends and divide people with common interest hence these irreconcilable arguments are meant to be avoided and left for overriding mutual benefits to sort out for posterity.

I have learned over time to avoid indulging in debates that I know will end, not only inconclusively but also kills further debate. These include group debates bothering on religion, cultural supremacy, political supremacy and hero worship.

The above listed banana pills are normally overcomed by mutual beneficial interests, trade, inter-marriages and education.

Stop killing your career with inconsequential debates that have no bearing on your livelihood, happiness and political interest.

A word is enough for the wise.

6 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

THE BRIEF HISTORICAL ORIGIN OF NDOKI ETHNIC NATIONALITY AND THE CREATION OF UKWA EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA.

The origin of Ndoki in the 15th Centuries is traced to civil war that broke out in the then powerful Benin Kingdom. This war caused total division of the old Benin Kingdom as series of migrants departed to the East. One of the Migratory groups was the Ijo who settled around Akassa. A part of these group left Akassa towards the Northwards along the Egenni and Orashi Rivers to Oguta. Along the line, they came in contact with the Ibo town of Umunoha in Owerri and Ndizuorgu in the former Orlu Division.

The emigrants pushed southwards settling at Okolomakiri in Azumini creek. They moved from there to a site, now, occupied by Umuagbayi. It was here they broke into two groups. One section to a placed called Okoloma (land of the curlew birds) that later became known as Obani or Bonny. The other section remained behind on the site known as Umuagbayi, Azuogu, Ayama and Obunku.

Part of the emigrants who reached Bonny, retraced their steps back to Opobo along the Imo Rivers and settled or traded with earlier co-emigrants.

It was on the strength of this coupled with struggle for political space that the uncompromised quest to realize a separate or delineated environment where Ndoki and its traits will be noticed and respected propelled our founding fathers to opt for creation of a local government. Thus Ukwa East Local Government Area came into being in 1992 from the defunct Ukwa Local Government Area.

The initiators and proponents of its creation saw it as a meaningful objectives and welcome development hence it proffered diversified opportunities to complement the effort of our ancestors where distinct origin, ideas, values, knowledge, institution, belief, socio-economic and political environment would be homogenously provided to synthesize the practice of our common good which refers to as “a social state which guarantees each person his/her rightful place in a community in which he/she can freely develop his/her God-given talent to attain bodily, spiritual and moral perfection and become richer in internal and external goods through his/her services to the community”. The geo-political formation of Ukwa East in particular meant to depend upon this was targeted at drawing the attention of National and state governments to the backwardness of Ndoki land primarily occasioned by marginalization coming only from their politically induced self-development.

This is why it is unacceptable and should be discouraged especially when often times, most of the projects the dominant people in the position of trust managed to site at Ndoki land in Ukwa East are subsumed under Ukwa West Local Government this anti-delineation practice orchestrated by NDDCs administrative Map has continued to attract criticism and condemnation by those who understand the classification..

When I say most nationalities in Niger delta including Ndoki,Ikwerre, ika, Anioma are descended of benin, all these Igbo land grabbers will start making noise. They dont know history.

I summary, there is no Igbo in Niger delta. You only have some nationalities who have interacted with Igbo for a long time and borrow some Igbo culture along the way. That does not make them Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:50am On Oct 27, 2015
After the massive protest carried out in delta state and river state on behalf of Nnamdi kanu, I have come to observe that some pro-one Nigeria supporters who were normally silent on issues of Igbos , SS and biafra ( maybe bcus they never thought the movement to be serious) are now speaking up against Igbos and biafra . Probably, they never believed Nnamdi kanu could gather such mountain of supporters in SS. They are now grip with fear .

7 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Beremx(f): 8:51am On Oct 27, 2015
patrick89:
You guys should stop joor! Ndoki people are more igbo than onitsha and Ngwa people.. visit their facebook page and your eyes go open faster than light
what's their Facebook page?
Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by IGBOPRINCE: 8:51am On Oct 27, 2015
patrick89:

Na now I know say you have an agenda! I just called my ndoki friend, and he so angry! Listen, visit their page on facebook and forget all these lies!
serious agenda.. Don't mind that fool.
After they we claimed egbemma and oguta too cos they ve oil.

5 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 27, 2015
Is this a joke? feeling sleepy, just came back from work.

1 Like

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by PointB: 8:53am On Oct 27, 2015
@Op,

Thank you for your post. At least it's always good to jaw-jaw on calm note. I just want to understand a few more thing. From the article you quoted, you built the whole Ndoki is Ijaw "fact" on this foundation:

The origin of Ndoki in the 15th Centuries is traced to civil war that broke out in the then powerful Benin Kingdom. This war caused total division of the old Benin Kingdom as series of migrants departed to the East. One of the Migratory groups was the Ijo who settled around Akassa. A part of these group left Akassa towards the Northwards along the Egenni and Orashi Rivers to Oguta. Along the line, they came in contact with the Ibo town of Umunoha in Owerri and Ndizuorgu in the former Orlu Division.

The emigrants pushed southwards settling at Okolomakiri in Azumini creek. They moved from there to a site, now, occupied by Umuagbayi. It was here they broke into two groups. One section to a placed called Okoloma (land of the curlew birds) that later became known as Obani or Bonny. The other section remained behind on the site known as Umuagbayi, Azuogu, Ayama and Obunku.

I have quick questions:

1. Can you provide more evidence of this 15th century civil war in the then Benin Kingdom, showing the reach and extent of the kingdom and the war.

2.What happened to the people already in the area that the migrants from the alleged "15t Century Benin Civil war" settled in?

3. How about the one that remained behind on the site known as Umuagbayi, Azuogu, Ayama and Obunku, are those sites now also Ijaw?

4. From your interaction with them, what do the Ndoki people call themselves?

Hopefully, we can learn and understand more bout the Ndoki people when you provide answers to this.

6 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 27, 2015
Nenwe people also migrated from okrika, nkoro, kalaibiama, finima etc I hope this makes the expansionist happy cos we have untapped oil

5 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by FreeGlobe(f): 8:55am On Oct 27, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You are being mischievous. Should I take your statement over what a ken saro wiwa As who witnessed the civil war and was part of the rivers state creation said? are you kidding me? You use an articles from an unknown source as the statement from ndoki people? Guy you are funny.

9 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Californian: 8:57am On Oct 27, 2015
Lolz.. Only on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by patrick89(m): 8:58am On Oct 27, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:00am On Oct 27, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

I thought you have grown.

Do you see me debate on issues bothering on people's sub-consciousness declaration of what they are or not.

As Mallam Sanusi said, before the coming of the Europeans, there wasn't any people in Nigeria associated with ethnic grouping as we have them today rather people were known by their clans and nothing more hence it is invariably a waste of energy, productive time and imposition of alternative school of thought that engender strife, antagonism, sow hatred among friends and divide people with common interest hence these irreconcilable arguments are meant to be avoided and left for overriding mutual benefits to sort out for posterity.

I have learned over time to avoid indulging in debates that I know will end, not only inconclusively but also kills further debate. These include group debates bothering on religion, cultural supremacy, political supremacy and hero worship.

The above listed banana pills are normally overcomed by mutual beneficial interests, trade, inter-marriages and education.

Stop killing your career with inconsequential debate that have no bearing on your livelihood, happiness and political interest.

A word is enough for the wise.

I always avoid ethnicdebates. However, I saw lots of falsehood hence my piece. Not to debate or argue to to set record straight for others.

1 Like

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Ugomba(m): 9:05am On Oct 27, 2015
atbu1983:

Anioma are descended of benin,
God forbid! Juju people.. So You no de rest, abi?
Anioma nation are more important to Nigeria than your primitive state which is a liability to South South here..

5 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Emekamex(m): 9:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Why are you all arguing about Ndoki or whatever? They are more pressing issues to discuss in this country than this trash; TonyeBarcanista always trying to seek relevance by all means.

2 Likes

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 27, 2015
patrick89:

https://m.facebook.com/ndokiopobo/photos/a.1457806071158000.1073741828.1455555991383008/1641309072807698/?type=3&source=57

Visit and see for yourself
facebook page with less than 600 likes is not enough to speak for the Ndoki tribe.

I believe it was created by the ibos.

Ndoki is ijaw nd not Ibos. I blame the Bini empire for not taking charge of their subjects which led to this confusion.

1 Like

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:18am On Oct 27, 2015
PointB:
@Op,

Thank you for your post. At least it's always good to jaw-jaw on calm note. I just want to understand a few more thing. From the article you quoted, you built the whole Ndoki is Ijaw "fact" on this foundation:

I have quick questions:

1. Can you provide more evidence of this 15th century civil war in the then Benin Kingdom, showing the reach and extent of the kingdom and the war.

2.What happened to the people already in the area that the migrants from the alleged "15t Century Benin Civil war" settled in?

3. How about the one that remained behind on the site known as Umuagbayi, Azuogu, Ayama and Obunku, are those sites now also Ijaw?

4. From your interaction with them, what do the Ndoki people call themselves?

Hopefully, we can learn and understand more bout the Ndoki people when you provide answers to this.

1. Was there an actual war in the Benin empire...Yes!
To what extent and bla bla? Please google will do the job or better still a Bini man or anyone else that is vast with Benin Empire history.

2. Did you see them tell you that there were people there that they met? Perhaps you know who to reach... The Ndokis in Abia.

3. It is for them to determine but from their own article, they still never forgets their Ijaw roots. Anyway, it is for them.

Please, I will appreciate if you understand that I'm telling from their own story..not mine. The crux of the matter is that the Ndokis in rivers are more in tune with their Ijawness. In fact, I believe the right of everyone to decide. Though I've catched two impostors.

1 Like

Re: Ndokis Are Ijaws...fact! by patrick89(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2015
juicee1:
facebook page with less than 600 likes is not enough to speak for the Ndoki tribe.

I believe it was created by the ibos.

Ndoki is ijaw nd not Ibos. I blame the Bini empire for not taking charge of their subjects which led to this confusion.
you are the most sophisticated ignorant I have ever seen! Ndoki have a page where they discuss their problem and you're are here saying that igbos created them! Now I know your plans! Everybody should be very wary of these people ooh!

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

There Is Something Funny I Have Noticed About A Particular Region On This Forum / Lagos Parking Levy Is Constitutional - LASG / Yahaya Bello: Court Picks New Date As Ex-Governor Fails To Appear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.