Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,740 members, 7,969,142 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 08:51 PM

Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number (1017 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola(m): 1:26pm On May 06, 2009
Last year i was among the pilgrim to the holy land, what shocked me was the number of smokers in Makkah,
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola(m): 1:36pm On May 06, 2009
Both young and middle age, majority of them smoke unlike the people of madina, some say is because of d weather, nay !
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola(m): 1:39pm On May 06, 2009
Madina is far cold than makkah but they don't smoke:
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Lagosboy: 2:54pm On May 06, 2009
Salam brother smokers are everywhere but could i ask with humility the objective of this thread.
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola(m): 4:26pm On May 06, 2009
I want to knw the Reason behind the hardcore smoking in makkah, 70% of makkans smoke daily
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola(m): 4:33pm On May 06, 2009
Reason behind the heavy smoking in the holy land, 70% male makkan smoke daily, if u go there u will knw wat i mean
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Lagosboy: 4:41pm On May 06, 2009
You said Holy land but does the Quran say they are holy people?

Brother please with all due respect and humility i think this topic will serve no purpose. The reason the smoke is cos they smoke as teenagers and cant stop period. some people dont see it as haram as well even though it is haram.
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by ttruth(m): 5:14pm On Feb 14, 2010
@post :

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Are you surprised ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by GODSON2009(m): 8:03pm On Feb 15, 2010
Abuzola:

Last year i was among the pilgrim to the holy land, what shocked me was the number of smokers in Makkah,
and the scales are falling off the face off abuzola,  i am asking you again to join the winning side christians  smiley
is it only smoking you saw there,you better not lie what of the homosexuality that is rampant?
gambling,prostitution e.t.c
ask yourself,what kind of holy land is it that has taken the blood of its supposed worshippers every year,if people died like they do every year in mmecca in oshun oshogbo im sure ppl like you will say the oshun river was drinking their blood,is mohammad drinking the blood of the worshippers who die there every year,or is it the demonic spirit still resident from the days of the idol s kept in the kaaba?
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by AbuZola3(m): 8:56pm On Feb 15, 2010
U must be smoking grass i believe. Do u know that Pre islam in makkah, people use to circumambulate the ka'abah naked. Anyway arab and europeans are addictive smokers, note* not weed but cigarrate, anybody smokin weed will be thrown into jail in S.A. The fact that it is holy land does not means the people re holy. The father of hypocrite reside in makkah. The stern enemy of islam lived in makkah.

Any homosexual, prostitute and thief will face the music of sharia law.
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by ttruth(m): 1:21pm On Feb 16, 2010
Abu Zola:

Do u know that Pre islam in makkah, people use to circumambulate the ka'abah unclothed. Anyway arab and europeans are addictive smokers, note* not weed but cigarrate, anybody smokin weed will be thrown into jail in S.A. The fact that it is holy land does not means the people re holy. The father of hypocrite reside in makkah. The stern enemy of islam lived in makkah.

Any homosexual, love-peddler and thief will face the music of sharia law.

Abuzola lets discuss :

You said people in the pre-Islam in Makkah use to circumambulate the Ka'abah. But I am telling now, that muslims still do it today. The Ka'ba was of pagan origin.

1   There were many local pagan sanctuaries like the Ka'ba at Mecca. In fact they too were called Ka'ba. 

2   Muhammad's tribe was in charge of "ALLAH'S " sanctuary in Mecca. The claim that the Ka'ba was built by Abraham and Ishmael is not only contradicted in both the Bible and history, but also by the Hadith itself:

Hadith, Sahih al-Bukhari 55:636 & 4.585  Narrated Abu Dhaar
"I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Which mosque was built first?"
He replied, "Al-Masjid-ul-Haram."
I asked, "Which (was built) next?"
He replied, "Al-Masjid-ul-Aqs-a (i.e. Jerusalem)."[/b]I asked, "What was the period in between them?"
He replied, [b]"Forty (years)."
He then added, "Wherever the time for the prayer comes upon you, perform the prayer, for all the earth is a place of worshipping for you."

This Hadith asserts that the Ka'ba was  built long after Abraham and Ishmael had died. Abraham lived c. 2000 BC and the Temple was built by Solomon in about 958-951 BC. This implies that the Ka'ba was built in approximately 998-991 BC.

Hence, forgetting for a moment, the FACT that both Muhammad and the Quran are wrong vis a vis the Biblical version of events, if Muhammad is correct, then the Quran is wrong. But, if the Quran is correct in stating that Abraham and Ishmael built the Ka'ba, then the Hadith is wrong.

Yet, if this particular and important Hadith is wrong on such a seminal issue, then this throws into question the authenticity of the entire Hadith collections, especially Bukhari's collection which is considered to be the most reliable and authentic of all the Ahadith.

The Pilgrimage to Mecca

1. Muhammad merely borrowed this wide spread polytheistic worship style and adopted it into 'Islam' as a central rite. The same pagan ceremony of pilgrimage is taken up undigested as a monotheistic ritual. The Hajj, Umra and Ihram were all Pagan traditions that Muhammad very conveniently 'Islamised'.

2.  After the Pilgrimage, in Pagan times, the pilgrims used to gather in assemblies in which the praises of ancestors were sung. As the whole of the Pilgrimage rites were spiritualized in 'Islam', so this aftermath of the Pilgrimage was also spiritualized.

3.  A principal public celebration of the Arabians was an annual pilgrimage, in which tribes who shared a common bond of worship of a deity at a specific sanctuary would reunite there. A pattern of ceremonial procession around the bayt-el [the sacred stone] was common, and this pattern is seen in the surviving Islamic custom of the pilgrimage to Mecca.

4. The Muhammadans' veneration of the Ka'ba, the Black Stone and the pilgrimage rites as a whole, are a kind of idol worship and merely the relics of idolatrous superstition. The rites of pilgrimage are remnants of a pre-Islamic cult included by Muhammad in an attempt to reconcile the idolatrous Meccans with the new faith.

5. The Arabs during the pre-Islamic period used to practice certain things that were included in the 'Islamic' Sharia.

They, for example, did not marry both a mother and her daughter.       

They considered marrying two sisters simultaneously to be a most heinous crime.

They also censured anyone who married his stepmother, and called him dhaizan.

They made the major [hajj] and the minor [umra] pilgrimage to the Ka'ba, performed the circumambulation around [tawaf] the Ka'ba.

Ran seven times between Mounts Safa and Ma[/b]rwa [sa'y]

Threw rocks and washed themselves after intercourse.

They also gargled, sniffed water up into their noses, clipped their fingernails, plucked their hair from their armpits, shaved their pubic hair and performed the rite of circumcision.

[b]Muhammadan Islam is REGURGITATED Paganism
   grin grin grin grin
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by ttruth(m): 1:32pm On Feb 16, 2010
Abu Zola:

Your noise about sharia law makes me laugh. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Do you know that the sharia is mere hypocrisy ? The law only affects the poor people or the people in the low class. If Farouk Muttalab have committed his atrocity in Nigeria, do you think the sharia law will be applicable to him ? But If Abuzola (The Al-Majiris) do the same, your sharia law makers will sentence to to life in Jail plus 200 strokes of cain or koboko, also in addition, your hands and feet will be chopped off. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. grin grin

There is wide spread homosexual activities in Saudi Arabia amongst the Saudi Arabian elites. So why are they not facing the music of sharia law?. Even In Dubai, there are so many homosexuals.

God have mercy !!!
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by GODSON2009(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2010
Abu Zola:

U must be smoking grass i believe. Do u know that Pre islam in makkah, people use to circumambulate the ka'abah unclothed. Anyway arab and europeans are addictive smokers, note* not weed but cigarrate, anybody smokin weed will be thrown into jail in S.A. The fact that it is holy land does not means the people re holy. The father of hypocrite reside in makkah. The stern enemy of islam lived in makkah.

my religion will not permit me to smoke anything or drink a drop of alcohol unlike you muslims always doing notice me,everything as obtained in pre islamic makka is still prevalent now so what good has this islam done for your brothers in saudi?

even though they practise a monarchy there,it is more like a dictatorship as any single protest will be killed,even shia dominated iran is still better,if they are addictive smokers why do you deceive yourself and call the place holy land, for a supposed holy land the kland is not that holy is it??
you just kieep wasting your money and deceiving yourselves that you r going for hajj,you better do something sensible with your money and go to disney land instead.
why has all the homosexual,love peddlers and thieves(apart from the african ones)not being made to face the law
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola1(m): 2:16pm On Feb 16, 2010
Godslave, did u say the bible forbade u to drink ogogoro ? Don't let me embarrash u this afternoon with biblical quote
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by GODSON2009(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2010
well then why dont you show me where the bible enjoins anyone to drink alcohol? im surw tih our warped and mundane understanding of the scriptures you are already looking for something to latch on to
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by muhsin(m): 3:43pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^^ Can you, as well, show me where smoking, drinking, homosexuality, etc is allowed in Islam? Why all the hubs because of some sordid action of a few followers of Islam? Don’t be too narrow-minded.
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by GODSON2009(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2010
muhsin:

^^^ Can you, as well, show me where smoking, drinking, homosexuality, etc is allowed in Islam? Why all the hubs because of some sordid action of a few followers of Islam? Don’t be too narrow-minded.
well i cant because your qURAN IS WRITTEN IN ARABIC,
by the weay if you cant read arabic fluently hope u realise that the translations could mean anything it could even be a code for mohammad's l;ove letter to his many wives.
by the way why do you cqll saudi arabia holy land when the opposite is the case, just wondering
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola1(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2010
Godslave wait for me
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by muhsin(m): 5:24pm On Feb 16, 2010
GODSON2009:

well i cant because your qURAN IS WRITTEN IN ARABIC,
by the weay if you cant read arabic fluently hope u realise that the translations could mean anything it could even be a code for mohammad's l;ove letter to his many wives.

Hmm. . .what of myriad translations and trsnsliterations here and there if you really care to. . .

And, why can't a Christian write/talk about the Prophet Muhammad with a peck of respect? Ain't saying you should respect the respected but at least for the sake of your Muslim members. . .unless if you looking for trouble.

by the way why do you cqll saudi arabia holy land when the opposite is the case, just wondering

How exactly?
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola1(m): 8:08pm On Feb 16, 2010
Godslave- check isaiah 55:1 drinking alcohol was encourage. What was the first miracle of jesus ?
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by ttruth(m): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2010
Abuzola !:

Godslave- check isaiah 55:1 drinking alcohol was encourage. What was the first miracle of jesus ?
After reading the Hadiths of Bukhari and Muslim, one will come across scores of stories associating Muhammad with the pleasures of drinking wine for almost 15 years before the alleged 'prohibition verse was revealed'.

12: 36 Now with him there came into the prison two young men. Said one of them: "I see myself (in a dream) pressing wine [khamra]." Said the other: "I see myself (in a dream) carrying bread on my head and birds are eating thereof." "Tell us" (they said) "the truth and meaning thereof: for we see thou art one that doth good (to all)…, 41 "O my two companions of the prison! as to one of you he will pour out the wine [khamra] for his lord to drink: as for the other he will hang from the cross and the birds will eat from off his head. (So) hath been decreed that matter whereof ye twain do enquire, "

16: 67 And from the fruit of the date-palm and the vine ye get out wholesome drink [Sakara] and food: behold in this also is a Sign for those who are wise.

2096 There are wholesome drinks and foods that can be got out of the date-palm and the vine: e.g., non-alcoholic drinks from the date and the grape, vinegar, date-sugar, grape-sugar, and dates and grapes themselves for eating. If sakar is taken in the sense of fermented wine, it would refer to the time before intoxicants were prohibited, for this is a Makkan Sura and the prohibition came in Madinah. In such a case it would imply a subtle disapproval of the use of intoxicants and mark the first of a series of steps that in time culminated in total prohibition

The word SAKARA means INTOXICANT in every Arabic lexicon. The Ahadith are full of stories associating date-palm and vine with the production of intoxicants and wine. Even Muhammad, for almost 15 years before the 'prohibition' was 'revealed', used to love and enjoy drinking wine as mentioned in the Hadiths of Muslim and Bukhari.

If drinking is caused by Satan, then Muhammad was under his influence all these years. In this verse, Allah is commending its use as a benenfit to humans and not as harmful.
One should ask the relevant questions as to why Allah - if he were the Almighty, the All-knowing - needed to prohibit the drinking of wine in stages after having approved of it in the first place?

Why did not Allah prohibit it forthwith from the beginning?

How is it possible to imply that Allah did not realise that the followers of Muhammad could not remain sober after drinking wine?

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 5650 Narrated byHakim ibn Mu'awiyah
Allah's Messenger said, "In Paradise there are a great river of water, a great rivers of honey, a great river of milk and a great river of wine; then the smaller river will be divided off."
Tirmidhi transmitted it, and Darimi transmitted it from Mu'awiyah.

In Muhammad's version of Paradise, wine, which is prohibited on earth, flows in rivers to slake the thirst of the martyrs. In fact, whatever luxury and joy that was PROHIBITED in LIFE on EARTH is made HALAL and abundant in DEATH
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola1(m): 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
This was before the verse of prohibition was revealed
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola1(m): 2:14pm On Feb 17, 2010
Muslim don't pray till the verse of prayer was revealed.
Hope u get my point
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by ttruth(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2010
Abuzola !:

Muslim don't pray till the verse of prayer was revealed.
Hope u get my point

Al - Taqiyah at its best.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by Abuzola1(m): 4:20pm On Feb 17, 2010
Thank God u got it
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by GODSON2009(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2010
muhsin:

Hmm. . .what of myriad translations and trsnsliterations here and there if you really care to. . .

And, why can't a Christian write/talk about the Prophet Muhammad with a peck of respect? Ain't saying you should respect the respected but at least for the sake of your Muslim members. . .unless if you looking for trouble.
well,seeing as the original and undultrated version of the Quran is written in a foreign language you cannot prove to me in all certinty that i am not right can you??after all you "learnt arabic" you were not born arabic right??so who is to say its not letters to his many wives written in codes??lol
so you are threatening me now just like your fellow mujahideens looool
i would have respected him but its just that i have not seen any reason to do so morally the man was really backward he was a womaniser,took his step son's wife robbed killed e.t.c
in adittion,his supposed prophetic injunctions are full of contradictions and he has also unleashed an army of suicide bombers and msulim males who treat women as slaves upon my world thats why i dont respect him, i will give my dad or even your dad or abuzola,s dad more respect than mohammad if they are not guilty of these vices
muhsin:

How exactly?
well for one the bloodshed that goes on every year in the hajj,the tramplings even though it is a monarchy but run like a dictatorship go and ask what happened to the last set of people who came out in protest?they were killed outrightly,beheadings and amputations of body parts of criminals in adittion to the smoking abuzola kindly pointed out is that the features of a "holy land"
Abuzola !:

thank GOD someone has addressed that point before i had a chance to so why is the quran written in arabic,and you are deceived that the only pure translation has to be in arabic?lol
Re: Eyewitness: Makkans Are Addictive Smokers In Large Number by ttruth(m): 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
In addition,

Muhammed does not deserve any respect at all from any reasonable person. His s-t-u--p-i-d and gullible followers are the ones who are fighting for that Saudi warlord called Muhammed and Saudi black stone called allah.

He never did anything positive to change the world. He is a terror forcing people into his cult by intimidating them, murdering them, through deceit(Al- Taqiyah) or through subjugation. He stole other people civilisation; He is arrogant and a child molester. He was never a prophet and will never be. He encouraged lying, betrayal, treachery.

Ishaq:248 "Allah increases their sickness. A tormented doom awaits the Jews. Allah said, 'They are mischief makers. They are fools. The Jews deny the truth and contradict what the Apostle has brought. I will mock them and let them continue to wander blindly.'"

Muhammad's virulent attacks against the Jews are very personal and clearly the result of his total failure to convince them of his message and his alleged prophethood grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

When Eid Coincides With Jumu'ah - Refs Included / Do Muslims Believe The Teachings Of Jesus Christ? / Match me with a Pious Female Muslimah For Second Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.