Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,874 members, 7,933,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 11:06 PM

The Most Memorable Book You Read - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Most Memorable Book You Read (27715 Views)

Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!! / Most Uninteresting Book You Have Read. / What Was The Last Book You Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by ogbongzky(m): 1:26am On Oct 19, 2008
Eze goes to school grin
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Cristalz(f): 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2008
The Bottled leopard grin

Dizzy Angel grin

My Father's Car grin grin

Without a Silver Spoon grin

1 Like

Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by efetoma(m): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2008
can anybody help with where i can find the novel ''BLOOD AND HONOUR'',it a mafia novel. unfortunately i dont know the author.
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by qwest(m): 5:15pm On Oct 25, 2008
amongst the most memorable 4 me where: taylor caldwell's a pillar of iron and the testimony of two men, jerzy kozinsky's a painted bird, ayn rand's atlas shrugged and john steinbeck's the pearl and east of eden. to name but a few. read the more popular authors when I want to read in a disinterested manner seeking some cheap thrill or a quick fix. this includes authors like: ludlum, stephen king,sheldon,archer, etc.
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Cristalz(f): 7:04pm On Oct 25, 2008
Jane Eyre

Wuthering heights
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by SeanT21(f): 3:24am On Oct 27, 2008
"What is The What" by Dave Edgers

"Black Boy" By Richard Wright

and ofcourse the HOLY BIBLE!!!

1 Like

Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Tgirl4real(f): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2008
Ha! what a shame

i can't remember

have been struggling to remember for d past one month but couldn't  sad

At least now, it will be

Mark of the Lion series by Francine River
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by kaydkay(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2008
It has to be 'The Bourne Identity' by Robert Ludlum. I read it twice in 3 days.

Twaz simply mindblowing.

I have a new Blogsite <www.booksdownload247> that am setting up that is mainly for novel and magazine downloads. Go there for all the best novels. TYPE .COM @ d END OF THE BOOKSDOWNLOAD247!! (i think d moderator is removing d part of it - cant blame him though).

As a tip of the iceberg copy and paste this Link:
<http://www.4shared.com/file/68585679/c109bd04/01_-_The_Hunt_for_Red_October.html> 
to download Tom Clancy's 'The Hunt for Red October'.  Its is Palm Reader format (.PDB) so u will have to get the software from http://www.download.com/Palm-Reader/3000-2178_4-10189614.html.

Watch out for more of my posts here or at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-188280.0.html and
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-35.1376.html#msg3000096.

Enjoy!!
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Moyola(f): 3:13pm On Oct 27, 2008
the most memorable

one of ma primary reading book lika dhat sha. . .

"Ali's teacher is Mrs Okoro. She is wearing a yellow dress. . . .

Great Expectations - Dickens

Of mice n men

The Triumph of water lily dhatz al ah lan rememba 4 nw!
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by kaydkay(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2008
Hello Guys,

In keeping to my promise to get u the best novels, magazines and journals, I have 3 MICHEAL CRITCHON BOOKS for you.

Just go to booksdownload247..come and get the links to d download pages (on my File Server).

You can also get to my Blogsite by going to my NAIRALAND PROFILE and clicking on 'BOOKS AND MAGAZINES DOWNLOADS (my website)

Please Note that you will need a Palm Reader Software installed on your system to read the downloaded books. You can get this software if you type it in Google or from this link : http://www.download.com/Palm-Reader/3000-2178_4-10189614.html.

If you want any novel or magazine just post it in the 'coments' section onn the blogsite and i will try as much as possible to get it for you.

ENJOY!!
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Tgirl4real(f): 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2008
@ post.
Anoda block buster 4 me is d way d cookie crumbles by James Hardly Chase.

@kaydkay,
Can i get d novel u mentioned above on ur blog?
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by TOYOSI20(f): 2:45am On Oct 28, 2008
White Noise -Don DeLillo, it was crazy kiss
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by kaydkay(m): 9:08am On Oct 28, 2008
@kaydkay,
Can i get d novel u mentioned above on ur blog?
[quote][/quote]

@Tgirl4Real

Yes U can get this books. just go to booksdownload247..com and click on any of the books u want.

I will be posting 4 John Grisham's book there b4 d end of the day.

Enjoy
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by sniperwolf(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2008
I'm a fan of Dan Brown. The most memorable book I read is "Da Vinci Code". The book is out of this world
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by sniperwolf(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2008
I'm a fan of Dan Brown. The most memorable book I read is "Da Vinci Code". The book is out of this world
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by sniperwolf(m): 10:00am On Oct 30, 2008
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by rikkyjen(m): 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2008
Have real the Salman Rushdies, the Seldons and a host of others but nothing compared to Elechi Amadi's "The concubine". The concubine still leaves bunps and gunps on my body. I dont know why its like that maybe cos of the synopsis and setting of the book or could it because Amadi is Nigerian?

I have no idea, but that book would always be a classic!
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Okanran(m): 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
@ topic: Day of The Jackal--Frederick Forsyththere're times when u wish d bad guy wouldn't die! tongue

PS: Materese Circle I & II weren't bad either!
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Ibime(m): 7:30am On Nov 01, 2008
My favourite book is The Passport of Mallam Ilia by Cyprian Ekwensi.

You cannot beat that book for drama. I think it was part of the JSS1 English syllabus. Mehn, I need to buy that book and read it again. I wonder if it will trip me the same way it did as a kid.

With books like Jagua Nana, Motherless Baby and Burning Grass, Cyprian Ekwensi must be the most underrated and possibly the best Nigerian novelist.

Other great books:

Lord of the Flies: William Golding

A long way gone: Ishmael Beah

Half of a Yellow Sun: Chimamanda Adichie

Count of Monte-Cristo: Alex Dumas

I know why the Caged Birds sing: Maya Angelou

The seven Narnia books: CS Lewis

The Confessions of Nat Turner: William Styron

Midnight's Children: Salman Rushdie

Things Fall Apart: Chinua Achebe

Viking Trilogy: Bernard Cromwell

Animal Farm: George Orwell
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by TOYOSI20(f): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2008
BONES, by Jonathan Kellerman smiley

THE STORY OF EDGAR SAWTELLE, by David Wroblewski cool
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Okanran(m): 5:32pm On Nov 02, 2008
Ibime:

My favourite book is The Passport of Mallam Ilia by Cyprian Ekwensi.

True dat!. . . reminds me of ma secondary sch days! wink
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Youngj1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2008
Harry potter books 1-7 By J.K Rowling it was so gud, me and my friend actually started talkin in potter codes and casting spells at each other e.g de was a day he sent me a text message which boldly read CRUCIO! and i promptly replied PROTEGO. But we had 2 stop it after a while cos it was feeling too demonic and childish
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by cibilola(f): 3:02pm On Nov 04, 2008
Young j:

Harry potter books 1-7 By J.K Rowling it was so good, me and my friend actually started talkin in potter codes and casting spells at each other e.g de was a day he sent me a text message which boldly read CRUCIO! and i promptly replied PROTEGO. But we had 2 stop it after a while because it was feeling too demonic and childish

i love harry potter as well, fav book of all times!! most def, cool grin

young j, am i welcome to ur harry potter fan club? i can think of loads of things to do besides texting unforgiveable[b][/b] curses tongue cool
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by Youngj1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2008
@cibilola
yes u are very welcome 2 join
make sure u vist diagon alley first 4 all ur requirements
then send me a txt mwessage @ dis number u ll give 5 questions 2 answer
and if u pass
u re in d number is 08067929057
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by kaydkay(m): 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2008
The most mind blowing of all i've read - The Bourne Identity Robert Ludlum read it twice in 3 days then I wuld go for Matarese Circle by same author, Roots by Alex Hailey. Lest I 4get Gai Jin by James Clavel is also out of this world.

NB
Get/download all d novels u like to read @ www. booksdownload247 . . com or go to my Nairaland profile and click on "books and magazine Downloads" to get to the site. . I upload Novels there at least 4 times a week from my never ending Collections.
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by kaylonda(f): 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2009
back in primary school, i gat an award for the fastest reader who could remember the storyline of the novel, and it all started with THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE!!
read it again just last week, grin
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by bluespice(f): 6:44pm On Mar 21, 2009
The Fountain head by Ayn Rand
beautiful book kiss
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by tpia: 6:49am On Mar 22, 2009
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by yme1(f): 2:17pm On Mar 22, 2009
pot of life
That book is the bomb, cant forget about it
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by jidobaba(m): 2:29am On Mar 30, 2009
Ah, to be young again, (sniff)
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by pastandy(m): 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2009
THE MOST MEMORABLE BOOK I HAV EVER READ 4 ME WOULD BE
THE DARK ROOM BY SYNVAIN BEMBA THIS BOOK DID OPEN MY EYES TO THE POWER OF INK AND PAPPER
ANOTHER WOULD BE THE BLACK BOY BY RICHARD WRIGHT IT REMIND OF THE STRUGGLES MOST OF US (BLACKS) ESPECIALLY HAS TO GO THROUGH, IT ALSO A STORY OF HOPE (LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL),
Re: The Most Memorable Book You Read by pastandy(m): 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2009
THE MOST MEMORABLE BOOK I HAVE EVER READ 4 ME WOULD BE
THE DARK ROOM BY SYNVAIN BEMBA THIS BOOK DID OPEN MY EYES TO THE POWER OF INK AND PAPPER
ANOTHER WOULD BE THE BLACK BOY BY RICHARD WRIGHT IT REMIND OF THE STRUGGLES MOST OF US (BLACKS) ESPECIALLY HAS TO GO THROUGH, IT ALSO A STORY OF HOPE (LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL),

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Nysc Diary And 21 Days In Camp / Looking For Movie Scripts For Nollywood / Chimamanda Adichie: A Female Politician Was Judged Harshly For Stealing As Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.