Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,715 members, 7,914,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:57 PM

Bank Fraud/pos Fraud On My Gtb Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bank Fraud/pos Fraud On My Gtb Account (506 Views)

Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja / Godwin Onwuneme Udu Arrested For Bank Fraud In Ghana / New Fraud On Instagram By Scammers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bank Fraud/pos Fraud On My Gtb Account by Zector(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2015
I have seen people posting about bank fraud in their account but I kept on asking could it be possible.
But it done on me that in Nigeria fraud are more than possible.
I made I transferred of 150k from my company account to my personal account so I can buy what I need to buy
buy using my personal ATM.

On my way I stopped at Gbagada GTB to cash 15K just to buy fuel and to keep little change in my pocket. On getting to shop where I bought what I need, I used my atm
at their POS to pay for what I bought which 125k.
Immediately I made the payment I got the alert of 125k.
Few minutes later I got two alert one after the other that goes like this

Acct: *******30
The naira equivalent of USD31.21been authorized for the transaction done on Uber Bv help.uber.com Nl
After two minutes I got another message of USD7.87
As at the time this messages was coming on my phone my atm card and my token was on me.

I called gtconnect so they can block my atm and asked for refund but the lady that attended to me said she can't gauranty refund.
Then why banks are asking us to buy TOWERS AND OTHER SE UNITY DEVICES.

Your kind advice will be appreciated
Re: Bank Fraud/pos Fraud On My Gtb Account by orlaryhincah(m): 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
I think OTP is more secured than token.

(1) (Reply)

And The Man Died - Today! / Nigerian Army Releases 182 Boko Haram Prisoners In Borno State / Artime President In The Aftermath Of The Airborne Terr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.