Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,129 members, 7,949,890 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 10:09 PM

I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. (1645 Views)

DSS Offered Bribe, Threatened Me, Then I Was Sacked From Rivers Tribunal – Justi / DSS Offered Bribe, Threatened Me, Ex-rivers Tribunal Chairman–justice Pindiga / Rivers: Tribunal Sacks Speaker And 20 House Of Assembly Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2015
Justice Pindigi, the former chairman of the Rivers state
governorship petitions tribunal, has recounted his
experience at the tribunal.
He said, "Two weeks before I was removed as chairman
of the Tribunal, I got a call from an unknown number,
asking for an appointment for us to meet in Kaduna. And
I asked, what for?
And the caller said, it's on a need to know basis. That
the details of the meeting would be made known to me in
Kaduna. And I declined.
The next was a call from the DSS, saying they were all
expecting me at meeting in Kaduna. And demanded why I
turned down the appointment. And I said, I'm a chairman
of a Tribunal, and do not have the luxury to attend
meetings. Especially one without an agenda.
And the caller from DSS said there was a petition of
fraud against me, in a case I handled in Kaduna in 2009.
And I asked him to charge me accordingly, in line with the
extant laws.
I was called again by another caller; who apologised to
me, on behalf of the DSS. And offered to compensate me
for the harassment I received from the DSS, and
rescheduled another meeting, in Kaduna. And I declined
again.
And the next was a letter removing me as the Chairman
of the Rivers State governorship petitions tribunal, and
replacing me with Justice Ambrosa. As is the practice, I
offered to brief Justice Ambrosa, on the proceedings so
far, but he said that won't be necessary that he has been
following the case.
Now, on the judgement delivered by Justice Ambrosa; it
will be unethical and unprofessional to denigrate, or
condemn the judgement of a contemporary colleague.
However, the Supreme Court has said, that for an election
to be annulled, the petitioner has to prove that elections
didn't hold at the polling units, where the winner was
returned elected. And I'm not sure that the Ambrosa's
judgement arrived through that route.”

elombah.com/index.php/reports/1976-i-was-offered-bribe-threatened-removed-as-chairman-of-rivers-tribunal-justice-pindigi
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by PassingShot(m): 5:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Source pls?
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by dustmalik(m): 5:42pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nonsense
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
Nonsense... angry
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by hardywaltz(m): 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
Story story
No serving Judge can talk like this not even the aggrieved Justice Salami.

WikeD no need for all these just prepare for Elections and pack ur bags...
We are tired of ur lies.

Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by sholatech(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
This is interesting, for our democracy!
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by PRYCE(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
Tag along a credible source and watch this thread fly to front page!
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by kodded(m): 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2015
undecided
"when apc manipulate the tribunal in their favor, it is good for our demmocracy" - prof linus mohammed
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by Utchgirl(f): 5:58pm On Oct 27, 2015
D ''change chanters'' wil nt belive dis.
Infact i can see d wind of change blowing in Rivers and A/Ibom dis days.
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by Perfectwazobia: 5:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
This is lie from the pit of hell ,this is just an imagination of some people I wouldn't like to mention names.

No judge can speak out this gibberish.
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by fritiyo: 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2015
Op give them sahara reporters as source they will believe u. apc people only trust n bliv SR lies.
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by brixton: 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2015
F
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by psucc(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2015
It will be difficult to pass this story to APCs However, there is undoubtedly an underhand playing in the Rivers guber tribunal outcome.
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by Rotimi47: 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
This Op can lie!
Re: I Was Offered Bribe, Threatened, Removed As Chairman Of Rivers Tribunal. by sammyj: 9:51pm On Oct 27, 2015
This is the biggest joke and the biggest fo*l I have ever come across in my life. Imagine this corrupt man coming out now and why not before now. Wike and pidigi we hail you and we cannot be fooled again. Never again by PDP and their dead antics!!! shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Dasuki’s Ex-account Officer Implicates Sambo’s Office / ISIS Declared A Province In Philippines+video / Establishing National Airline Not A Priority Of My Government – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.