Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,611 members, 7,941,349 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 02:50 AM

Helen Of Troy: The Enigma Of Beauty - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Helen Of Troy: The Enigma Of Beauty (3851 Views)

Enigma / Did 20 Year-old Onyeka Nwelue Copy Helen Oyeyemi In The Abyssinian Boy? / Helen Oyeyemi: A new Nigerian writer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helen Of Troy: The Enigma Of Beauty by Orikinla(m): 1:30pm On Oct 12, 2006
Here is a short story on Helen of Troy. You remember her tragic romantic history?
This is the short version of the historical novel by the same author.

Helen of Troy: The Enigma of Beauty, an Amazon Short
by Margaret George (Author)

Price: $0.49
Length: 2,501 words, 11 pages

Helen of Troy: The Enigma of Beauty:
While writing my novel Helen of Troy, many people asked me, “Was she really the most beautiful woman in the world?” Our fascination with beauty has not diminished one iota since the Bronze Age, and I wanted to explore that phenomenon in “Helen of Troy: The Enigma of Beauty.” Is beauty the universal currency? How much power does it give its possessor? And how much is in the eye of the beholder? And, of course, was Helen a real woman, or just an abstract ideal of pure beauty? Did she have to spend her life saying the ancient equivalent of “Don't hate me because I'm beautiful”?

~Margaret George Speaks About
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000IJ6XUO/ref=amb_link_3752442_2/104-5737018-5291159

Re: Helen Of Troy: The Enigma Of Beauty by nanaboi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 12, 2006
2 questions, Orikinla:
How does one read people's views (not replies) on his topic posted?

Next is:

Have u read Helon Habila's "Waiting 4 an Angel"? Dont u think it will be wonderful 4 the screen?
Re: Helen Of Troy: The Enigma Of Beauty by Orikinla(m): 3:11pm On Oct 12, 2006
nanaboi:

2 questions, Orikinla:
How does one read people's views (not replies) on his topic posted?

Next is:

Have u read Helon Habila's "Waiting 4 an Angel"? Dont u think it will be wonderful for the screen?

How do you mean read views (not replies) on his topic posted?

Replies to topics are better than views. Because, views do not indicate <<snip>>
But replies show that the poster has taken a moment or more time to read the posts and comment on them.

Helon Habila's Waiting for An Angel is already being produced by a very dynamic Nigerian filmmaker Newton based in the UK where Helon is also based presently.
Re: Helen Of Troy: The Enigma Of Beauty by nanaboi(m): 2:45pm On Oct 16, 2006
Whoa! to that. I neva knew. I can hardly wait to see the movie. I love that movie - sorry, the novel - it has very vivid descriptions. I'm almost too sure the movie will top charts.

Orikinla, you're one big pack of information!
Re: Helen Of Troy: The Enigma Of Beauty by DevDel(m): 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2006
Orikinla,

Itz like you're really into this fiction stuff, what do you do?

(1) (Reply)

The Thing Around Your Neck - Chimanda Adichie / Sidney Sheldon Is Dead. / Story: Friend Or Foe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.