Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,516 members, 7,914,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 12:27 AM

See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. (1000 Views)

Why Weekly FEC Meeting Was Cancelled Today - Presidency / Why River State Is The Worst State In Nigeria / Fielding Jonathan In 2015 Election Was A Mistake - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by Ezenwa11(m): 7:21am On Oct 28, 2015
I was offered bribe, then threatened and eventually removed
as the chairman of the Rivers state governorship petitions
tribunal- Justice Pindigi
Justice Pindigi, the former chairman of the Rivers state governorship petitions tribunal, has recounted his experience at the tribunal. He said , " Two weeks before I was removed as chairman of the Tribunal, I got a call from an unknown number, asking for an appointment for us to meet in Kaduna. And I asked, what for? And the caller said, it's on a need to know basis. That the details of the meeting would be made known to me in Kaduna. And I declined. The next was a call from the DSS, saying they were all expecting me at the meeting in Kaduna. And demanded why I turned down the appointment. And I said, I'm a chairman of a Tribunal, and do not have the luxury to attend meetings. Especially one without an agenda. And the caller from DSS said there was a petition of fraud against me, in a case I handled in Kaduna in 2009. And I asked him to charge me accordingly, in line with the extant laws. I was called again by another caller; who apologised to me, on behalf of the DSS. And offered to compensate me for the harassment I received from the DSS, and rescheduled another meeting, in Kaduna. And I declined again. And the next was a letter removing me as the Chairman of the Rivers State
governorship petitions tribunal, and replacing me with Justice
Ambrosa. As is the practice, I offered to brief Justice Ambrosa, on the proceedings so far, but he said that won't be necessary that he has been following the case. Now, on the judgement delivered by Justice Ambrosa; it will be unethical and unprofessional to denigrate, or condemn the judgement of a contemporary colleague. However, the Supreme Court has said, that for an election to be annulled, the petitioner has to prove that elections didn't hold at the polling units, where the winner was returned elected. And I'm not sure that the Ambrosa's judgement, arrived through that route "
http://elombah.com/index.php/reports/1976-i-was-offered-
bribe-threatened-removed-as-chairman-of-rivers-tribunal-j
ustice-pindigi
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:23am On Oct 28, 2015
Okay.
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by kelvine(m): 7:25am On Oct 28, 2015
Unfortunately we don't know who is lying.
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by skelewu404(m): 7:26am On Oct 28, 2015
I see
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by princemillla(m): 7:31am On Oct 28, 2015
Why is the truth emanating after judgement?
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 28, 2015
I am still looking for the reason why the election was annuled.
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by Trunaijian: 7:38am On Oct 28, 2015
He got a 'call from DSS" ?. How does someone confirm or authenticate the source of a call if there was no means to do so. I can call Mr Seun of Nairaland and tell him am from the FBI but that does not mean am actually FBI if there is no physical interface for my if ID card to be inspected. We sobt know who is lying but one thing is for sure, as a man of the law; pindigi cant go around saying he was called by the DSS without evidence.

2 Likes

Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by sammyj: 7:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Ok
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by Ndywin: 7:44am On Oct 28, 2015
Indeed we are fighting corruption in a grand style.

1 Like

Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by uwa1(m): 7:52am On Oct 28, 2015
What can we say... They are all politicians. Lying is their birth right.
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by oghenetega100(f): 7:58am On Oct 28, 2015
How convenient that he's just saying it now,why you nor talk since,
Re: See Why River State Election Was Cancelled. by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:10am On Oct 28, 2015
APC change mean all PDP members are corrupt while PDP decampee and APC members are incorruptible. I know that God will use Appeal court to address this injustice meted on Wike

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Aniomas Will Never Be Part Of Your Southsouth Republic Gibberish. / PHOTOS: Tinubu,governor El-rufai At The Launching Of Kaduna State Taxi Scheme / Alleged N1tr Diversion: Lamorde ‘ill, Flown Abroad’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.